• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

Brakara

I've tried at least 20 times and I'm still unable to log into Uplay

I got in eventually after trying countless times. But what happens if you finish a track and you're disconnected again, do the time upload to the servers later or are you fucked?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Yep I can confirm this is a Trials game. I like Trials games.

And you guys had me worried but it runs perfectly on my PC. Smooth 60fps on highest settings here.

qbicfeet

Finally unlocked the Extreme tracks and started derusting my skills. Maybe I'm just plain sucky, but it feels like the Fusion's extremes are a lot harder compared to Evolution.

So I bought the Deluxe PC version, but in additional content (in-game) they still try to push me the season pass. What's up with that?

Edit: I'm also not seeing the exclusive rider skin with the season pass, so it looks like the game doesn't know that I actually have the deluxe version. Anyone got this to work?
Nope, same thing here, neither the Hazmat costume nor the Season Pass was activated and I can't find any additional code to redeem anywhere. Made a post about it on the Ubi forums and they said they are looking into it... *shrug*

Skyzard

Banned
Issues connecting as well at the moment.

Loading times are great on my end except when pulling up your bikes or stuff like that...takes unusually long atm (online check for dlc? suffering due to current lag maybe).

Also...why are you able to move your character loads after he falls off? Like simulating pain reaction and just body twitching lol. Can't get him to stand up yet, was hoping for a walking sim built in at one point!

Overdoziz

Banned
gvsgwfS.jpg

Time for Platinum medals. :)

Oreoleo

Just PM'ed Overdoziz to add me to the Uplay list.

If anyone wants to friend me my Uplay name is the same as it is on GAF, oreoleo. I'll be adding everyone on it soon. Gotta fill up those leaderboards!

I am having one issue with the game where I get some serious slow down when I'm near smoke/dust from an explosion. Anyone know what I can turn down to mitigate that? I think it might be particle effects but I'm not sure. Seems weird since the game is buttery smooth otherwise.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
That was fast.

When does Platinum unlock btw? As rusty as I am, I don't see me gold extreme tracks anytime soon (I rather plat earlier tracks) ...

Platinum unlocks when you beat the last Hard track (which counts as "beating" the game - the Extreme tracks are presented as an extra challenge).

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wait, so how does Uplay work? Does it let you have cross platform leaderboards or something? Do your Uplay friends show up alongside your PSN/XBL ones

Edit: answered just above

Any way to get friends of friends showing up? My son doesn't have many friends on PSN, and only a couple with PS4s, so was hoping he could add neogaf_trials and it'd also show others that had friended it.

sneaky77

I don't understand why it always shows old notifications on the records tab.. is like every time it downloads the same messages over and over

Just had the PS4 version crash to the dashboard right after finishing a track. Was really worried my save file had been corrupted, but it looks ok.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Any way to get friends of friends showing up? My son doesn't have many friends on PSN, and only a couple with PS4s, so was hoping he could add neogaf_trials and it'd also show others that had friended it.

Nope, you'll only see your own friends. The purpose of that account is to let you easily add a bunch of GAF Trials people, instead of having to type their names in one by one.

Just had the PS4 version crash to the dashboard right after finishing a track. Was really worried my save file had been corrupted, but it looks ok.

Has happened to me at least twice. On the other hand, it has never crashed after pressing Share for me.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Fairly productive day, finished up the Plats in hard (goddamn Redlynx Derby taking up most of my time), and got Extreme to mostly gold and 2 silver. Sitting at 133 at the moment.

Now I need to let my fingers rest.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Fairly productive day, finished up the Plats in hard (goddamn Redlynx Derby taking up most of my time), and got Extreme to mostly gold and 2 silver. Sitting at 133 at the moment.

Now I need to let my fingers rest.

Yeah, Redlynx Derby took some time to plat for me as well. So many places to fail if your speed is just a little to high or low. But I think the one that took longest (and the one I got last) was Covert Ops. It's just so tricky to get a really good run on that track with all the moving platforms and bombs and shit.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
not digging this. i guess i'm a bit burned out on the trials formula. doesnt help that i'm no expert at the game and this one is just fucking balls to the wall tough as nails. struggling to get past hard let alone the next difficulty(s).

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Here's how I did that one, slowly drop from platform to diagonal rail, accelerate, flick left right at the end to bunny hop and flick left right after to land backwheel first. You'll bounce, bunnyhop with the momentum of the bounce and you should clear it. I don' have it down perfect yet, but I get it in about ten or less tries now.

There's an obstacle very shortly after that was an even bigger pain in the ass for me though, so have fun with that one.

Thank you much. I will try this later tonight or tomorrow. At least now I know what to work for.

I'm going to grab the leaderboard of NeoGAF_Trials tomorrow. Ongoing I'll probably do a weekly Sunday night leaderboard post or something. That seems like a good day.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Finally played through the easy and medium tracks again on PC and now I can start playing real Trials.
Some of the challenges are ninja hard on the lower end bikes. I have no idea how you can do They Belong to the Mafia on a Roach. I'm going to see if it's any easier with the Pit Viper now that the beta is over.

pieman

Neo Member
Anyone got any tips on the first obstacle in Inferno IV? I just seem to jam my front wheel under the second platform. I don't think I will complete it any time soon, but it would be nice to get past the first part once...

Lima

Anyone got any tips on the first obstacle in Inferno IV? I just seem to jam my front wheel under the second platform. I don't think I will complete it any time soon, but it would be nice to get past the first part once...

Full gas going into the first ramp. Once your back wheel almost hits the ramp lean forward. Then once you hit the lower platform do a quick bunny hop. Sounds easy in theory I know.

So I'm playing on PS4 and in Track Cetral mode:

Featured: NO TRACKS FOUND
Uplay recommended: NO TRACKS FOUND
Redlynx picks: NO TRACKS FOUND

So is it just me or it's nothing on yet ?

Newest and top rated tracks are working fine.

The_Dude

I was cruising along, getting golds without much trouble and then I hit Rock of Rages. Couldn't even finish it, ended up turning it off at 100 faults to go to bed. I'm not going to sleep easy knowing that's awaiting me!

MYeager

Ditto 360, I think they're waiting a bit for it to get more populated before featuring tracks. Some good ones on the 360 already, really wish the leaderboards and track central content were cross platform.

I'm going to grab the leaderboard of NeoGAF_Trials tomorrow. Ongoing I'll probably do a weekly Sunday night leaderboard post or something. That seems like a good day.
Then pick a user created track of the week we can compete times against too. =D I've gotten just about the best times I can get on these tracks. =(
BTCurley

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Man, fuck those barrels on Inferno 4. I just couldn't get passed them =(

When I was first working my way through Inferno IV I found this tutorial video very helpful. It gives you techniques that definitely work for every obstacle. Like those damn barrels, I absolutely could not do them until I did what he shows in the video. That still takes me a few tries to get right every time, but it definitely works. That little roll back while standing on the lower part of the barrels is very important, without that you won't end up in the right spot to be able to bunny hop from the top barrel.

Although for the very first obstacle, I personally find it easier to not touch down completely on the first section of the ramp, but just land on the back wheel with the front wheel still in the air and then bunny hop right away. Makes it easier to get up there, IMO.

I was cruising along, getting golds without much trouble and then I hit Rock of Rages. Couldn't even finish it, ended up turning it off at 100 faults to go to bed. I'm not going to sleep easy knowing that's awaiting me!

Yep, first truly difficult track in the game, with some obstacles that require techniques you simply haven't needed earlier. There's a lot of getting your back wheel on the vertical part of an obstacle to propel yourself upward and swing yourself over the ledge above. Definitely takes some practice until you can do it somewhat consistently. I've beaten the track many times now, but I still always run into issues in one section or another. 7 faults is my best result so far.

Yeah, that's what I've been seeing all along as well. Guess there aren't enough good tracks for them to start recommending stuff yet. However, I do wonder where the heck those Track Jam tracks are. They had a thing where they invited a few talented track builders to make the first custom tracks before the game was released, and those tracks were supposed to be available on day one for all platforms. But they're nowhere to be seen.

Overdoziz

Banned
Anyone else on PC having stuttering issues? The game runs at a constant 60fps, but every couple of seconds it freezes for a couple of frames. It's starting to get pretty annoying.

Daffy Duck

I've played the two previous games on my 360 but damn I'm rusty on this, cannot bunny hop at all, and in on the hard tracks now and struggle to get through them, the learning curve spikes massively.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I've played the two previous games on my 360 but damn I'm rusty on this, cannot bunny hop at all, and in on the hard tracks now and struggle to get through them, the learning curve spikes massively.

The difficulty spike between Hard and Extreme is much larger (IMO, anyway), so have fun with that! ;-)

But in all seriousness, the great thing about Trials is how you can really feel yourself getting better at it the more you play. Soon you'll be breezing right through those Hard tracks.

Sorry if this has been asked before, But how many players are there on Xbox One and PS4?. Xbox 360 is at 43,161.

Now at 71,310 players, Uplay still doesn't work for me or any of my friends what garbage. Loving the game 74% complete definitely the easiest trials game. Looking forward to the online multiplayer till then playing evo for my online multiplayer fix.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I know I've mentioned hitching on the PS4 version in a few threads (in both live gameplay and replays), but as I was capturing some of my platinum runs for youtube it happened.

at 3:00 and at 6:42

It's not consistent when or where it happens, but I get this shit like maybe 2-3 times an hour, and it's fucked me up a few times.

Top Bottom