• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

viveks86

Thanks to this game my ds4 left analog stick is completely ruined! The plastic underneath is visible on both controllers. Heading to the store to see if they can replace them for me. If I need to rma it to sony and wait forever, i'm fucked

MYeager

Frost Bite was my final level to complete and I did it on the Rabbit. Just couldn't get past the part after the second checkpoint, so I looked at some replays for help (it never helps, usually just makes me frustrated because I seem to be doing the exact same thing with different, terrible results) and saw someone beat it with 2 faults on the Rabbit. So I thought 'why not?' and it worked! Had about 110 times as many faults as that guy on the replay, though :)

Thanks for this! I was closer to 140 faults but I was stuck on that area with the Pit Viper, hadn't even considered the Rabbit.

Guys please help.

I keep staring at the icon of this game on my PS4 menu and cannot decide whether to buy it. I enjoy the demo but I struggled with the one medium course on the demo and I'm not sure if ill like the full game as a result. I never played a Trials before. Please help me decide.

If you liked the demo, buy it. You will get better with practice, and that's when it gets even more fun.

How does this game stack up to Trials Evolution? Wonder if it's worth downloading when I get a PS4.

I'd say yes, if you want more Trials. It might not be as good as Evolution, but it's still a great game.

I don't think I have it in me to do any of these Extreme tracks.

I kinda feel the same way. I enjoy the hard tracks, and I think it's even possible I could one day no fault most of them, but the Extreme tracks can be so frustrating.

qbicfeet

77f989455a.jpg
This obstacle completely stumps me every time. Whether or not I retain my momentum when I land on the platform seems almost random.

Anyone found any good and consistent strats?

Either I'm really rusty from not having played Evo for over a year, or am I'm just getting older, or I spent too much time playing the easy and medium tracks in the beta. Maybe a little of all 3. I was really struggling with some of those extremes last night. I think some of them are harder in this game than Evo/HD. Inferno IV is way harder than the other Infernos it seems. I feel bad for the first timers to this series.

Including that jump qbicfeet. After failing out of Inferno last night I tried that track and gave up at that spot. There are moments in Trials were you start getting worse and just have to walk away. The next day sometimes you just get it.

qbicfeet

Either I'm really rusty from not having played Evo for over a year, or am I'm just getting older, or I spent too much time playing the easy and medium tracks in the beta. Maybe a little of all 3. I was really struggling with some of those extremes last night. I think some of them are harder in this game than Evo/HD. Inferno IV is way harder than the other Infernos it seems. I feel bad for the first timers to this series.
Even the "real" Trials pros seem to find the new Extreme tracks much harder than those in Evo and HD. FatShady made a walkthough video for Inferno IV and he said that many of the hard obstacles in the track were designed to be counter-intuitive and can't be tackled the way you would expect them to.

saunderez

This obstacle completely stumps me every time. Whether or not I retain my momentum when I land on the platform seems almost random.

It took me a few tries but from memory you've got to land on the back wheel with the bike pretty much parallel to the platform, lean forward to prevent bouncing and accelerate pretty much immediately after that. It's really hard for me to describe what I'm doing in this game because it's pretty much all by feel.

Even the "real" Trials pros seem to find the new Extreme tracks much harder than those in Evo and HD. FatShady made a walkthough video for Inferno IV and he said that many of the hard obstacles in the track were designed to be counter-intuitive and can't be tackled the way you would expect them to.

Yeah I spent probably 400 of my faults between the barrels and the straight wall. Made it to the last checkpoint before I hit 30 minutes.

Milpool

The most consistent method for me is to land and stop on the platform rather than trying to carry momentum for the next jump, I usually land on the back wheel with the rider in the middle position which sets you up for the bunny hop to the next platform. I used the Rabbit since it's less bouncy on landings.

edit- Has anyone got this working with in home streaming? Running it normally from the client results in a time out and trying to help it along by manually running it on the server results in the game running with sound but no display.

saunderez

edit- Has anyone got this working with in home streaming? Running it normally from the client results in a time out and trying to help it along by manually running it on the server results in the game running with sound but no display.
I haven't tried Fusion but I tried Evolution like this and it made the game unplayable due to input lag.

Atomski

PC gaf add Atomskix to Uplay friends :)

I havent done much in getting good times yet, kinda slowly just going through the content. I liked the last game better but still is decent and I am sure I will be putting hours into beating others times eventually.

PC gaf add Atomskix to Uplay friends :)

I havent done much in getting good times yet, kinda slowly just going through the content. I liked the last game better but still is decent and I am sure I will be putting hours into beating others times eventually.

Added you!

I just got to the second round of Hard tracks and I feel like the game has finally gotten a bit tricky. Everything so far has been a breeze.

Finally picked this up on my PS4 and I am having just as much fun as I did with Evolution. Graphics are fantastic, tracks look beautiful. Am very early in the game as I focus alot on the challenges rather then blazing through all the tracks, I can see I will be playing this for a while though.

I can't seem to log into uPlay however. Just hangs and then throws an error. Was the same yesterday when I first loaded the game. Hoping its just something on Ubisoft's end.

MYeager

Finally picked this up on my PS4 and I am having just as much fun as I did with Evolution. Graphics are fantastic, tracks look beautiful. Am very early in the game as I focus alot on the challenges rather then blazing through all the tracks, I can see I will be playing this for a while though.

I can't seem to log into uPlay however. Just hangs and then throws an error. Was the same yesterday when I first loaded the game. Hoping its just something on Ubisoft's end.

I don't know if it should be added to the OP or not, but there's a uPlay issue with nearly every platform. Log into the uplay website and check if your PSN account is linked to your uPlay account, for some reason this has been an issue. If it isn't linked, link it and you should be fine after.

I went back to Evo and bronzed Inferno 3, which I was never able to do, IV is absolutely harder.

Pimpbaa

Is the dlc just going to have increasingly harder tracks? I would hate to buy one or the season pass just to find out it's just tracks that are impossible for me.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is there any way to filter Track Central tracks based on your friends list? I.e show tracks that my friends have played?

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
How does this game stack up to Trials Evolution? Wonder if it's worth downloading when I get a PS4.

after fusion I bought trials evolution gold edition on Steam. Played it with a DS4.
Imo fusion is better.
The tracks in evo are just not as good and the constant explosions and shit going on is really annoying.
also, fusion seems harder to me.

Danneee

I like the good old Trials gameplay but I feel that the graphics gets in the way a lot in this. Sun flares and stuff in the levels I'm sure the developers thought would be cool really makes it hard to see where you are going which makes a lot of stuff harder than they need to be.

Guys please help.

I keep staring at the icon of this game on my PS4 menu and cannot decide whether to buy it. I enjoy the demo but I struggled with the one medium course on the demo and I'm not sure if ill like the full game as a result. I never played a Trials before. Please help me decide.

Just buy the regular edition. Then play it and cry when it makes a mockery of your gaming credentials.

Thanks to this game my ds4 left analog stick is completely ruined! The plastic underneath is visible on both controllers. Heading to the store to see if they can replace them for me. If I need to rma it to sony and wait forever, i'm fucked

It's ruining my teeth more than my pad. I'm a 'grinder' anyway - even when I think I'm relaxed - thanks to my mental health, so I have to go easy on this game and not play it too much :)

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
First time I played a Trials-game and I love it. I haven't been this giddy since Renegade Ops last gen. These are the games, if they had been released 15 years ago, would have been game of all time for me. Now it's just a nostalgic throwback. Cleared the first 3 worlds with all gold but now it's getting harder.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

I've never been able to do it in one go, stopping on the first small platform makes it much easier. Once there, roll back as far as possible while in the seated position (requires delicate throttle control), then accelerate and do a bunny hop.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It's ruining my teeth more than my pad. I'm a 'grinder' anyway - even when I think I'm relaxed - thanks to my mental health, so I have to go easy on this game and not play it too much :)

I'm a leg twitcher. When I'm trying to get the bike over an awkward obstacle, I can't help lifting my leg up as though to help the bike over :)

I just bought a new DS4 about 2 weeks ago and the left stick is already peeling. Trials is the only game I've really been playing.

viveks86

I'm a leg twitcher. When I'm trying to get the bike over an awkward obstacle, I can't help lifting my leg up as though to help the bike over :)

Lol! I do that too! My legs get quite the workout

I just bought a new DS4 about 2 weeks ago and the left stick is already peeling. Trials is the only game I've really been playing.

My store asked me to send it to Sony. Bought caps for the sticks and they seem to be working for now. Back to chasing ghosts! This game has me hooked!

yep my left stick has just started showing signs on disintegration thanks to this game. I noticed that the heat from my thumb made the material on the stick to be come very warm and "sticky", the heat basically melts the plastic material and makes it easier for it to be worn away

JRW

yep my left stick has just started showing signs on disintegration thanks to this game. I noticed that the heat from my thumb made the material on the stick to be come very warm and "sticky", the heat basically melts the plastic material and makes it easier for it to be worn away

Must be some build quality issues going on there, I played through Trials HD & Trials Evolution on Xbox 360 with a controller that still works great and is several years old.

Brakara

Yeah, I'm playing on an 8 years old 360 controller that has been through the 2 previous Trials games and is still working as it was new.

eso76

Trials' are the only single player games in a long time that have me contracting most body muscles from concentration.
Twitching legs, twisting feet, contracting abs.

Most games, I just don't care enough to put a real effort trying to play properly: a lot of the time that's not even required to complete them anyway, so unless I'm trying to beat someone's lap time (forza) or high score (geometry wars) I just take it very easy. But Trials won't allow you to lower the guard.

blazeuk

I know it's already been said, but I can't believe how bad the FMX stuff is, considering the work they've done on everything else the trick moves they've added are just so horrible and not enjoyable in the slightest. I'm surprised someone didn't actually say something about it before the game launched, it would have been better moved into a separate mini game menu option rather than being part of the main tracks, as far away from everything else as possible.

Other than that, it's as addictive as ever, trying to lower my times on the extreme tracks, that jump with carts going along underneath and the straight block at the end on rock of rages is killing me though, I just don't understand the technique behind getting it consistently - pretty easily get through everything else and then at that point it's 100+ tries.

aravuus

The extreme tracks are absolutely destroying my controller's left stick. You could order new grips for them or something like that, right?

viveks86

Not as good as Evo. Very few compelling Easy & Medium tracks. Every easy and medium track is instant Gold for anybody who has played Trials before, the majority of hard tracks are goldable in a couple tries usually. Extreme tracks are still difficult. Most of the hard tracks are pretty good. Extreme tracks are good, though I've only finished the first 3 extreme tracks.

FMX (The trick mode) is terrible, a wasted addition to the game that doesn't even work right.
Skill Games aren't as varied or as good as Evo, but a couple of them are okay. The "your front wheel is broken" one is great, same with the Hill Climb skill game. Most of the others are junk.

User created tracks aren't as good as Evo, but that will get better obviously. There are still a handful of really solid user created tracks, though no "RedLynx Picks" and "Featured Tracks" yet... I thought they would have had a bunch, but not yet. Nothing really as creative as with Evo on the 360. Also, all of the skill games in the user created area are terrible.

Despite not being nearly as good as Evo, it's still a great game. Time competitions are good, getting Platinum trophies is a big challenge on every map, even the easy and mediums.

ALso, XBox One controller > 360 controller. It's a marked improvement for this game. The game seems to have been designed for this controller, and it's great.

saunderez

The extreme tracks are absolutely destroying my controller's left stick. You could order new grips for them or something like that, right?
I don't know if they exist for PS4 yet, but I regularly replace the analog sticks entirely on my 360 controllers. Couple of dollars and 15 minutes work and the controllers are good as new.

Anyone who wants some decent competition on the XB1, please add me, and include the message "Trials", and I'll follow you back. Currently the only way you see times for people on the leaderboards is if you both follow one another.

GT: BruiserBear76

aravuus

rock of rages.. that box after the jump over the rail.. just how? I am stumped.

Not sure what box you mean, but I highly suggest watching other people's replays. Makes things a lot easier.

I have this stupid thing with extreme tracks though. I always get past the first few obstacles with relative ease and then get stuck later on. Then I finally get through those too, try to then go for a better time/less faults and fucking get stuck in the very first obstacle lol

I finally grabbed the NeoGAF_Trials leaderboard. We're up to 133 people. It's really surprising seeing people with 8-10+ hours being at the very end of it. Though I'm honestly not entirely sure how overall leaderboard points actually work.

Top Bottom