• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

MYeager

hmm so I bought this last week just cause I love trials.

I haven't opened the disc version yet - seems like it's not entirely positive impressions. Should i return it?

I had a very frustrating uPlay experience and I don't think the game is as good as Evolution, between the technical issues and content I don't see it being worth $5 more at least.

That said I love Trials and I don't regret the purchase at all. It's more Trials.

ffman

Unconfirmed Member
Lean forward into the incline and then lean back and then forward and hold until you can get over the outcropping or bump. The timing of the bunny hop and level of momentum when attacking the surface of the incline matters, so make sure your rear drive tire is solidly contacting the incline surface and not bouncing when you accelerate. It's very fast and takes a lot of patience and practice. It also takes a calm mind when you're attempting it so that you don't mess up the followup with trying to make it stick once you've gotten the front tire over the bump.

The best and more immediate way to improve your control and technique is to go to a time on the track which allows you to download its replay trace data so that you can watch the controller polling to see what and how much was pressed and when.

This is also a problem for me. I cannot pass Magic Marker on Evo because of two incline-to-incline jumps. I can get past the first after luck/trial-and-error but not the second. I need this and two other DLC extremes to complete every track.

Right now I am debating on Fusion. Regardless, for any 360 Trials players:

GT: WKU MADDOG

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Evolution PC might of had issues at launch but it has been patched a few times and runs really well now.

Lies! Still stutters awfully for me regardless of graphics settings or resolution.

Yeah, same. Can't get Evo Gold to run well even at the lowest settings, even though my PC should be perfectly capable of that. With v-sync off it's pretty smooth but tears like hell, with v-sync on it's a stutter fest. It's such a relief to play Fusion on PS4 at a locked 60 fps with basically no tearing (I've only noticed it on a few occasions when there's a lot of alpha effects on screen).

I am new to the series and I played both demos of Evolution and Fusion. Which one do you all recommending getting for the PC? Which one will give me more bang for my bucks?

Thanks!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I am new to the series and I played both demos of Evolution and Fusion. Which one do you all recommending getting for the PC? Which one will give me more bang for my bucks?

Thanks!

Bang for your buck is definitely Evo Gold. It has tons of content (all tracks from both Evolution and Trials HD), although it is missing the DLC. I think the community for that game is pretty dead though (never really took off in the first place), so in that sense, and for the future, Fusion is a better bet.

JRW

Lies! Still stutters awfully for me regardless of graphics settings or resolution.

I honestly havent noticed any fps drops in Evolution Gold w/ latest v1.05 patch, solid 60fps here with Vsync & highest gfx settings. (GTX 480 SC / i7 920 @ 3.6ghz)

Bang for your buck is definitely Evo Gold. It has tons of content (all tracks from both Evolution and Trials HD), although it is missing the DLC. I think the community for that game is pretty dead though (never really took off in the first place), so in that sense, and for the future, Fusion is a better bet.

Thanks for the heads up. I ended up buying Fusion after what you said. Downloading it now!!! :D

Double D

One thing I would like to see added to track central is the ability to filter by rideable bikes. Just show the the levels that people made where I can ride the 4-wheeler.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Rock of Ages has killed my progress. I can get what I think is about 3/4 of the way through the level and then meet a long jump that I think I have to bounce off of and then hit a vertical wall and hop unto the edge. 30 mins was not enough time.

The extreme tracks can be very extreme. I don't even have a clue what I should be attempting to do to get past this point.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
This damn obstacle, sigh...

iS7aoCxUur7UP.jpg

I've gotten past it many, many times (my best result on this track so far is 7 faults), but I just cannot seem to do it consistenly. I just don't know quite exactly how to tackle it, so sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Anyone have any good pointers?

psn

I hate the unlock system. I want to play the harder tracks, and I want them now. I have to force myself to go through the easy ones..

MYeager

Rock of Ages has killed my progress. I can get what I think is about 3/4 of the way through the level and then meet a long jump that I think I have to bounce off of and then hit a vertical wall and hop unto the edge. 30 mins was not enough time.

The extreme tracks can be very extreme. I don't even have a clue what I should be attempting to do to get past this point.

Here's how I did that one, slowly drop from platform to diagonal rail, accelerate, flick left right at the end to bunny hop and flick left right after to land backwheel first. You'll bounce, bunnyhop with the momentum of the bounce and you should clear it. I don' have it down perfect yet, but I get it in about ten or less tries now.

There's an obstacle very shortly after that was an even bigger pain in the ass for me though, so have fun with that one.

MYeager

I've gotten past it many, many times (my best result on this track so far is 7 faults), but I just cannot seem to do it consistenly. I just don't know quite exactly how to tackle it, so sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Anyone have any good pointers?

Hell I'd like to know how you get it done even that consistently. I've done it twice now and I each time I get so relieved that I made it that I can't remember what it was I just did

Hixx

Whenever I've got over it, it has always felt like a fluke. Nearly every other extreme jump I have thought that I was getting closer before I nailed it. This one is just horrendous.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Whenever I've got over it, it has always felt like a fluke. Nearly every other extreme jump I have thought that I was getting closer before I nailed it. This one is just horrendous.

Yeah, same here. On most other Extreme stuff I feel like I know exactly what to do, even if I don't pull it off every time. Here, I simply don't know what the right approach is, and when I do clear it it feels like I got lucky.

The extreme tracks have me beat, I was doing quite well up until them, but they seem like a step too far, oh well.

The first Extreme isn't that much more difficult than some of the Hard tracks. From the second Extreme and on it gets really tricky.

Brakara

Game finally downloaded, installed, updated uPlay and started. "Unable to connect to Ubisoft servers."

Fuck you, Ubisoft, you shit excuse of a games company. Fuck you.

JRW

What a surprise, constantly failing to connect to Ubisoft servers. Took me around ten attempts to even log into Uplay.

Ok so it wasn't just me lol, it kept saying there was a problem with my internet (PC version) for about 30 min then finally connected.

I honestly havent noticed any fps drops in Evolution Gold w/ latest v1.05 patch, solid 60fps here with Vsync & highest gfx settings. (GTX 480 SC / i7 920 @ 3.6ghz)

Same here. I played a few hours of Evolution on PC over the weekend to help decide whether I should pickup Fusion. Performed just fine for me on the highest settings with no drops or stutters on my modest rig from 2011.

Triz

I have had this since day one on PS4. Not once have I been able to connect to uplay. Had a buddy message me asking why I was hiding my ghosts. Explained to him cant connect and thats why I suspect its not showing.

Read around and found a workaround regarding accessing uplay from the PSN menu through the bike redemption. I did that connected fine.

Guess what? Game still doesnt connect to uplay. Fuck you Ubisoft.

Hixx

The extreme tracks have me beat, I was doing quite well up until them, but they seem like a step too far, oh well.

Take a break for a day or two and go back. I was about to give up on Rock of Rages but two days later I came back and did all of them up to Inferno in one sitting. My thumb nearly fell off but I was pretty happy!

Phinor

Same here. I played a few hours of Evolution on PC over the weekend to help decide whether I should pickup Fusion. Performed just fine for me on the highest settings with no drops or stutters on my modest rig from 2011.

Yep, it's really luck of the draw whether Evolution works on your particular PC. After some patching it finally worked fine on my setup (2500k@4.5GHz, ATI 7950), but then I swapped that 7950 to a new GTX770 and later swapped the 2500k to a 3570k@4.8GHz and the game became unplayable again due to stuttering. I've since installed Windows 7 again, then Windows 8 and now 8.1. and it's still stuttering. On the other hand Fusion seems fine (apart from Ubisoft servers being dead).

RoadHazard

Gold Member

It's been like this all the time. For some people it runs perfectly, for others (who might even have more powerful hardware) it stutters and runs shitty in general. No explanation, you just get lucky or you don't.

JRW

Might be to late for this but pay attention to the installer & default directory for Fusion, Uplay will attempt to install the full version into same directory as beta which kind of causes a headache ..you have to uninstall beta & re-install full version in this situation.

Or just uninstall beta first before activating full version.

MYeager

I have had this since day one on PS4. Not once have I been able to connect to uplay. Had a buddy message me asking why I was hiding my ghosts. Explained to him cant connect and thats why I suspect its not showing.

Read around and found a workaround regarding accessing uplay from the PSN menu through the bike redemption. I did that connected fine.

Guess what? Game still doesnt connect to uplay. Fuck you Ubisoft.

It's a supreme pain in the ass, isn't it? If you aren't at the point where you want to throw it out a window here's another option, go to http://uplay.ubi.com/ and log in with your uPlay email/password, go to account settings and scroll to the bottom. It'll show your linked accounts. Check that your PSN account is linked. If it isn't link it, if it is, try unlinking and relinking. That's worked for a few people.

Brakara

So I bought the Deluxe PC version, but in additional content (in-game) they still try to push me the season pass. What's up with that?

Edit: I'm also not seeing the exclusive rider skin with the season pass, so it looks like the game doesn't know that I actually have the deluxe version. Anyone got this to work?

MYeager

So I bought the Deluxe version, but in additional content (in-game) they still try to push me the season pass. What's up with that?

Edit: I'm also not seeing the exclusive rider skin with the season pass, so it looks like the game doesn't know that I actually have the deluxe version. Anyone got this to work?

If you have the PS4 version there's a problem with the season pass currently that they're working out with Sony.

The beta was working fine on my PC, but now i get trials_fusion.exe has stopped working when i try to launch the release game. Anyone having this problem?

JRW

Odd, full version of PC Fusion has very weak vibration with 360 controller, It was much stronger in the beta version.

Top Bottom