• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

Triz

Bit the bullet and spent 20 minutes on the phone with ubisoft support. I finally have my uplay working on the ps4.

Nope, it's wired. What could they possibly be doing during gameplay that's causing this? I even turned off ghosts and the problem sticks around. It's weird. It's probably also noteworthy that at the main menu screen the song constantly skips. And those little animated pictures on the level selection menu take about 10 seconds before they start playing smoothly each time I log into the game.

Have you bought or played a lot of games? Have you downloaded lots of demos, deleted them later? Basically, has your hard drive seen a lot of action?

Xyber

XIMwRot.jpg

First go at this fucker. Whoever made that damn jump at the end can go and screw himself with a rusty pole. :mad:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Have you bought or played a lot of games? Have you downloaded lots of demos, deleted them later? Basically, has your hard drive seen a lot of action?

This shouldn't matter much on a PS4, because the file system used (UFS) doesn't get fragmented the same way NTFS does on a Windows computer. If that's what you're getting at. Also, he says that these issues only happen while online.

Anyway, I've definitely noticed some hitching as well. Nothing as serious as what he's describing, but some choppy menu stuff (usually as the game has just been launched), and some rare brief pauses during gameplay.

Duxxy3

Love the game, but I will probably avoid the PS4 version of trials in the future. Dualshock 4 is one of my favorite controllers of all time, but the triggers were not designed for a game that requires this kind of accuracy.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Love the game, but I will probably avoid the PS4 version of trials in the future. Dualshock 4 is one of my favorite controllers of all time, but the triggers were not designed for a game that requires this kind of accuracy.

I find the triggers ok. They have a tiny bit less travel than 360, but the softer feel means they are easier to press, and I find the finger position more relaxed than on 360 ( 360 position is a bit high up for me)

Staal

Finally found some time to play Trials and got to the hard levels. Those are well done and definitely better than the first part of the game.
As a bonus, higher up on the general leaderboard.

If anyone needs anybody on their Xbox One leaderboards add me and send me a message on Xbox Live.
Edit: meant to say quote for my gamertag.
Edit #2: I think I got you all. Thanks.

Droopy06

Leonsito

I don't think there is a list for that console. You're welcome to add me though. :)

BruiserBear76

FYI, if you add people on XB1 you cannot see their times. They need to add you back for that to happen. It shouldn't work that way, but it does for this game because the devs screwed it up. Probably will be fixed in a future patch though.

Added you!

If anyone needs anybody on their Xbox One leaderboards add me and send me a message on Xbox Live.
Edit: meant to say quote for my gamertag.

Droopy06

And you too!

aravuus

First go at this fucker. Whoever made that damn jump at the end can go and screw himself with a rusty pole. :mad:

The one with a slanted platform and the box? Cause fuck that obstacle so hard, it's the only thing currently keeping me from potentially sub-10 fault run.

ekim

What I don't like about the game is, that the physics and behavior doesn't seem to be very consistent so that you can't really "extrapolate" what to do for certain obstacles, especially in terms of leaning. Above all that, the leaning is too sensitive. Too much trial and error and lucky random jumps imho.

What I don't like about the game is, that the physics and behavior doesn't seem to be very consistent so that you can't really "extrapolate" what to do for certain obstacles, especially in terms of leaning. Above all that, the leaning is too sensitive. Too much trial and error and lucky random jumps imho.

I find this an odd criticism because if it was true, you wouldn't have a top-tier of players who were platinumming every track. You're basically saying that every track (the extremes particularly) come down to luck and that can't be true.

The XB1 triggers do feel better for this game, but don't go thinking it's a huge difference. It's really not.

how are People doing this cheese move with the Fender?

I'm pretty sure that is not a glitch at all. It's an advanced technique the developers are well aware of.

I think it's easy to feel that way when you're just getting familiar with the harder tracks. When you see how much control an expert player has over that bike, it's very apparent how solid the controls/physics actually are.

Lima

Get your bike stuck on an obstacle and press gas and brake at the same time. This will level your bike.

One of the advanced techniques used for the ninja tracks and also extremely helpful for the unyielding challenges because it helps you level your bike while in the air.

Stainless

The FMX control scheme feels like a puppet on strings, very clunky to me. I got like 44k points on the first daredevil one after several attempts, but the one where you have to do the specific trick shown on the board, that one will take some practice for me. (I got the superman one, that's it) I can't register the uplay thing so not sure what the point of that is. Currently at 93 medals, game was worth $20 for sure. During the sale, went and got Urban Trials Freestyle for 99 cents, that game is pretty fun, too.

ekim

I find this an odd criticism because if it was true, you wouldn't have a top-tier of players who were platinumming every track. You're basically saying that every track (the extremes particularly) come down to luck and that can't be true.

Maybe luck was the wrong word but for certain obstacles you can't use techniques you learned earlier although they should work so you try until you find a way to pass it.
But maybe I'm just a bad player.

aravuus

Maybe luck was the wrong word but for certain obstacles you can't use techniques you learned earlier although they should work so you try until you find a way to pass it.
But maybe I'm just a bad player.

This kind of stuff is necessary with a high skill ceiling

I like it though, thanks to the ridiculously precise systems, I know I can always get better

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Added some people from the NeoGAF_Trials account. I'm coming after you, Zack_Zavage! (Will probably take some time though. I'm not nearly as consistent as you on the Extreme tracks yet.)

The physics are definitely absolutely consistent. In fact, they are 100% deterministic (meaning that they will always behave exactly the same given the same input). They have to be, because otherwise replays (which are just a series of saved controller inputs being played back in real-time) wouldn't work, etc.

So it's you that aren't consistent. But don't worry, you'll feel more and more as one with the bike the more you play!

NeoRausch

Just made my very first Trials track ever.
If you want to try it:

PSN: NeoRausch
Trackname: Trackstorrr!!!

or just look up your friends tracks if you are a part of NeoGAF_Trials.

This game is amazing. I played Trials 2 on 360 and enjoyed it, but I finally 'get' the game this time around. The physics are just sublime, and the graphics on PS4 are beautiful. Nevertheless, I'm not that great at the game so I'm really putting in a lot of effort to get Gold on the 'Hard' levels. I'm glad I picked up the version with the season pass because when I eventually get to the end game, I know I'm going to want more eventually.

Raiden

Banned
Man this is actually really pushing me to buy a next gen console. I fucking loved the previous installments. Pretty much golded everything on it as well.

Damnit.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
This game is amazing. I played Trials 2 on 360 and enjoyed it, but I finally 'get' the game this time around. The physics are just sublime, and the graphics on PS4 are beautiful. Nevertheless, I'm not that great at the game so I'm really putting in a lot of effort to get Gold on the 'Hard' levels. I'm glad I picked up the version with the season pass because when I eventually get to the end game, I know I'm going to want more eventually.

Pretty sure you didn't! Trials 2 was PC only.

...oh, are you one of those people who think Trials HD was the first Trials game? Well, it wasn't! It was really Trials 3. Evo was 4, this is 5.

...oh, are you one of those people who think Trials HD was the first Trials game? Well, it wasn't! It was really Trials 3. Evo was 4, this is 5.
Oh I see! Um.. I played the second iteration of Trials on 360 then. Either way, Fusion has really opened my eyes to this series and has hit the right notes for me in terms of variety, challenges and presentation.

qbicfeet

Just a heads-up: Season Passes have been fixed for everyone who bought the Deluxe edition on Steam. You should be able to find the code by right-clicking the game's name in your Steam Library and choosing "CD keys".

Side note: Is it just me or does the Rabbit feel like it's the easiest bike to complete Frost Bite with? I feel like I'm much more consistent with it than the Pit Viper. Strange, since I expected it to be harder...

blazeuk

Side note: Is it just me or does the Rabbit feel like it's the easiest bike to complete Frost Bite with? I feel like I'm much more consistent with it than the Pit Viper. Strange, since I expected it to be harder...

If it wasn't for the fairly large jump on Rock of Rages, the rabbit would be amazing for it, I can get through pretty much the whole thing without faulting except for hitting the big jump consistently. Wouldn't give as good a time as one of the faster bikes would do though.

This isn't true. The physics are very consistent unless the track is specifically one with weird physics, but Trials Fusion doesn't have any tracks with exception physics. Evo had a few, like the Limbo map, heavy gravity maps, shifting maps, etc.

There could be some maps where the camera perspective is different or there is an angle which makes the physics seem different. But, as far as I know, the physics on the RedLynx maps are all consistent. User created maps that's not necessarily the case.

Eh... if you want to start getting technical...

Trials 2000 Java[3]
Trials Bike Basic 2003 Java
Trials Bike Pro 2003 Java
Trials Construction Yard 2004 Java
Trials Mountain Heights 2005 Java
Trials 2 2007 Flash, Windows
Trials Dynamite Tumble 2008 Flash
Trials 2: Second Edition 2008 Windows
Trials HD 2009 Xbox 360
Trials Legends 2010 Windows
Trials Evolution 2012 Xbox 360, Windows
Trials Frontier 2014 Android, iOS
Trials Fusion 2014 PlayStation 4, Windows, Xbox 360, Xbox One

You mean landing the back fender on the edge, which wedges your wheel, and pulling yourself up? This isn't a cheese move, it's consistent in the series for years. You just have to line it up. Most times it happens, it's an accident. As far as I know, there are no RedLynx maps that use this on purpose... Any space you can use this on, there's probably a more efficient way of doing it, because it's difficult to be precise with it. But a lot of user created extreme ninja maps will make this a requirement (at least, in Evo there was)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Eh... if you want to start getting technical...

Yeah, I know there are more than 5 titles, but I was just counting main entries. That makes HD the third, Evolution the fourth, and Fusion the fifth. My point was really just that this series didn't begin with HD on the 360, which many seem to believe.

Xyber

The one with a slanted platform and the box? Cause fuck that obstacle so hard, it's the only thing currently keeping me from potentially sub-10 fault run.

Yeah, that one. Took me a solid 400 tries (accidentally pressed back instead of B a few times there..) to nail

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yeah, that one. Took me a solid 400 tries (accidentally pressed back instead of B a few times there..) to nail

I still haven't "nailed" that bastard (by which I mean being able to consistently get past it). It's the main thing standing between me and a zero-fault run of that track. Best so far is 3 faults.

DukeSucks

Picked up the game yesterday, I can't even play it sitting down. I have to stand up right next to the tv

Just added the GAF acct, I'm LOLduke if anyone wants to add me separately

I don't get how or why this game clicks when it does. Played it for the first time in nearly a week and I get 500th place on Peak Performance on my second run today. Cut about a second and a half off a track I was struggling to "perfect" when I was playing non stop. I'm quitting this track for the night after only 2 runs as I know I could put in another hour and not cut off a half second.
BTCurley

Duxxy3

The XB1 triggers do feel better for this game, but don't go thinking it's a huge difference. It's really not.

It's just not clicking. It feels like I'm not moving at all, or going full blast and doing wheelies. Oh well, I know for the future anyhow.

The_Dude

There is a way to check total play time? How do get to this leaderboard?
From the leaderboard option on the front menu.

In other news, I think I've finally figured out the technique on the parts I was struggling with on Rock of Rages and Frost Bite. That's not to say I can pull them off every time (or even close to every time), but at least they don't feel so impossible anymore.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
I'm pretty sure that is not a glitch at all. It's an advanced technique the developers are well aware of.

Get your bike stuck on an obstacle and press gas and brake at the same time. This will level your bike.

One of the advanced techniques used for the ninja tracks and also extremely helpful for the unyielding challenges because it helps you level your bike while in the air.

You mean landing the back fender on the edge, which wedges your wheel, and pulling yourself up? This isn't a cheese move, it's consistent in the series for years. You just have to line it up. Most times it happens, it's an accident. As far as I know, there are no RedLynx maps that use this on purpose... Any space you can use this on, there's probably a more efficient way of doing it, because it's difficult to be precise with it. But a lot of user created extreme ninja maps will make this a requirement (at least, in Evo there was)

yes, thanks you all for your Input. I will give this a try.

Cheese move?

you can see it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=N6i8V7xG8nY#t=78

Nice. I feel like I'll platinum inferno long before I platinum any of those FMX tracks. That stuff is infuriating.
Yep. Fmx is the anti-trials. A game that is all about precision and technicality is reduced to dumb luck and arbitrary points. RedLynx really goofed with fmx.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Decided to try it. My first Trials. That Fusion Frenzy map on level two, that was super fun and creative!

Rosur

Hate the hill climb skill challenge can never seem to get more than 105meters....

Would like to know how from people who have got 115+ as need the gold medal on this track.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
Why is that called a cheese move? I use it sometimes. There was a shortcut on a Trials HD track that required it. A lot of Ninja tracks require it too.

becasue to someone coming to the game for the first time (like me) it does look cheesy as hell.
Im surprised this is a legit move, even one your supposed to do.
For an otherwise realistic physics centred game this completly blows it.

Top Bottom