• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

Trickster

These extreme levels in the last bracket of the official levels are just absurdly hard, in a bad way. Each of the checkpoints in each level feel like they should just be a "challenge" type thing in their own right.

Yep. Fmx is the anti-trials. A game that is all about precision and technicality is reduced to dumb luck and arbitrary points. RedLynx really goofed with fmx.

I agree. There's nothing precise about it. There are times when I get on a good run and it just seems as if the body physics don't want to work. I've had the riders legs get caught in the handlebars a few times that come to mind while doing the coffin.

The one benefit is when
if
they add in online supercross, it's gonna make it hilarious.

becasue to someone coming to the game for the first time (like me) it does look cheesy as hell.
Im surprised this is a legit move, even one your supposed to do.
For an otherwise realistic physics centred game this completly blows it.

You should watch some of the player made ninja tracks. There are some that make that move a requirement. It looks goofy, but once you figure it out it's not something that's just dumb luck.

From playing the hell out of Evo, I think the fender trick and the tap the brake while flooring it tricks are my favorite. I use the brake tap routinely to help correct my bikes trajectory and get over steep ledges. Pretty useful for those no lean challenges also.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
You should watch some of the player made ninja tracks. There are some that make that move a requirement. It looks goofy, but once you figure it out it's not something that's just dumb luck.

From playing the hell out of Evo, I think the fender trick and the tap the brake while flooring it tricks are my favorite. I use the brake tap routinely to help correct my bikes trajectory and get over steep ledges. Pretty useful for those no lean challenges also.

this made me realize that I know nothing..
Is there somewhere I can go for tipps and or Videos / tutorials for advanced techniques in Trials?
I want to lear them, but before I Need to know what exists..

jediyoshi

Yep. Fmx is the anti-trials. A game that is all about precision and technicality is reduced to dumb luck and arbitrary points.

Judging from a majority of all replays for all trials that have ever existed, I'm pretty sure any track that requires any amount of technicality usually devolves into being about dumb luck for a majority of players.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
for the trophies, several of them refer to the first 8 events. Is that the first 8 trials events, or the first 8 generally - so including FMX and skills things?

this made me realize that I know nothing..
Is there somewhere I can go for tipps and or Videos / tutorials for advanced techniques in Trials?
I want to lear them, but before I Need to know what exists..

Next time you're in the air and you need a bit of a boost to do a front flip just hammer down on the right trigger and then mash the the left trigger as quickly as possible. It's the inertia of the rear tire.. It has all that momentum spinning at the speed it does. When you mash on the brakes, the tire stops, the inertia goes into the bike. It brings it forward.

For some reason Fusion's audio doesn't depict it as well.

Lima

for the trophies, several of them refer to the first 8 events. Is that the first 8 trials events, or the first 8 generally - so including FMX and skills things?

Everything. An event is a set of tracks. Means all tracks currently in the game.

Which makes the "Is there anything you can't do?" trophy/achievement the hardest of all time. Like 99% of Trials players will not be able to get it*

*glitch on Xbox One not counting.

Steiner84

Next time you're in the air and you need a bit of a boost to do a front flip just hammer down on the right trigger and then mash the the left trigger as quickly as possible. It's the inertia of the rear tire.. It has all that momentum spinning at the speed it does. When you mash on the brakes, the tire stops, the inertia goes into the bike. It brings it forward.

For some reason Fusion's audio doesn't depict it as well.

alright man. I will give this a shot.
Always wondered how people got over some obstacles with "just" leaning forward..
This explains alot..

now I just have to figure out how to climb those extreme steep inclines consitently.

The_Dude

Just Inferno IV left to gold. Never thought I would get a couple of those golds, but somehow I did it. I think I'll leave it at all golds (aside from the two platinums I unlocked after beating it), too - I know my limits!

I'm stuck at the bit where you have to jump off the wheel and over the barrels, which is annoying because it only took me a few tries the first time I finished the level.

Overdoziz

Banned
becasue to someone coming to the game for the first time (like me) it does look cheesy as hell.
Trials does not have realistic physics.

Dany

Banned
These extreme levels in the last bracket of the official levels are just absurdly hard, in a bad way. Each of the checkpoints in each level feel like they should just be a "challenge" type thing in their own right.

I'm stuck here. Some advice would be great. I tried the rabbit and got the furthest in it. but the speed/lack of weight is a problem most of the time.

MYeager

alright man. I will give this a shot.
Always wondered how people got over some obstacles with "just" leaning forward..
This explains alot..

now I just have to figure out how to climb those extreme steep inclines consitently.

It's not just leaning, it's where and when you lean and for some of the steeper inclines careful throttling to control momentum so you don't over-balance your bike.

qbicfeet

That looks great! I was completely shit with the editor in Evo, haven't tried Fusion yet. Is it more user friendly?

It's pretty much the exact same editor with some minor additions, so no, I wouldn't say it's *more* user-friendly, but I don't think it lacks user-friendliness either. Most people are intimidated by all the advanced bells and whistles but creating a basic, static track with a few obstacles and checkpoints is a lot easier than it seems.

For Trials Evolution, Redlynx made a playlist of video tutorials for the editor and pretty much everything they teach there still applies in Fusion, so if you're interested in learning how to use the editor well I would suggest watching those.

I would agree it looks cheesy but I don't feel it's actually a cheesy move to perform just because it's actually a consistent skill that good players can pull off with practice and it's only really necessary on the ninja tracks. In fact, it's required for many of the ninja tracks I've watched on YouTube.

Unlike the FMX nonsense which doesn't even register my tricks half the time and only belongs in something like SSX.

Seik

Banned
Just got my PS4 today and played a bit, this game is solid as fuck.

Though there's one thing I can't get outta my head.

''WELCOME TO THE FUTUAAAH!''
''MEN, MACHINES, THE FUTUAAAAH!''

Overdoziz

Banned
Really glad I've got some good people on Uplay friendslist right now. On 360 I mostly had people who were much slower than me except one guy who was in the top 10 in the world which I really couldn't compete with. Now I've got people to play with of around my skill level which is perfect. Makes the game so much more fun.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Has anyone else seen that new xfinity commercial about internet speed? They use Trials Fusion to show how much faster online gameplay is with xfinity. No buffering!! No lag!! LOL!

The_Dude

Going for gold on Inferno, 34 faults at the last checkpoint...beat it with 44 faults, one more fault and it would have been silver. So glad that's done!

Stainless

I picked the game back up last night, got up to 105 medals. I bronzed several of the first set of hard tracks, and on one or two I got a silver pretty quick and missed a gold by just a few seconds. Some of them are evil, I didn't think I would enjoy it, but once I got through a few and improved my skills, it started being really addicting.

After that I went back to the turbine on easy and did the no-leaning one to complete the 3 objectives for the cavity trophy. I used the roach bike and it took me a good 20 minutes. Once I got REAL close but I didn't maintain speed at the final stairs landing and went right over the bars. I wanted to rage but I had gotten SO close. It was another 10 minutes or so when I got it. I didn't buy the season pass but after really getting more into the game, I probably will

The Deluxe version is the only version available on disc. So if he wanted it on disc that would mean he's got to buy the deluxe version.

Looks like for PC both versions are available on disc. Maybe I'll start with the basic version and upgrade later if I feel the need to do so.

I'm in the U.S.

That's cool that Europe gets the option though. Here only the XB1 and PS4 got a disc option, and they were only the $40 deluxe version.

Steiner84

I'm stuck on that near final obstacle on Rock of Rages. God dammit! Even with video tutorials I'm stuck.

Yeah same here.

I wish there would be something where you get detailed instructions on how to perform certain techniques in this game.

I cant seem to get this tapping the break Thing to lean over obstacles and also the Fender move is just sorcery to me..
I dont know how to start or practice it..

Also from just Videos its nearly impossible to see what im doing differently on my 6 Million tries to get over that damn Thing than People doing it consistently.

It frustrates me that I cant seem to find a way to improve, I just dont know how when Im not even sure what my Problem is..

qbicfeet

I'm convinced that the Rabbit is the best bike to 0-fault Rock of Rages, Light City Run and Frost Bite with. So much more consistent than the Pit Viper.

Watch out Overdoziz, I'm catching up ;)

Overdoziz

Banned
I'm convinced that the Rabbit is the best bike to 0-fault Rock of Rages, Light City Run and Frost Bite with. So much more consistent than the Pit Viper.

Yeah I saw you beat some of my times after I beat yours a while back. Guess it's time to go back and try to beat you again. :) Also still need to get Platinum on Inferno IV, some of those obstacles, though...

Steiner84

ive just tried light city run with the rabbit and done much better with it then with the viper.
Until the second to last obstacle...
I just cant for the life of me get over it..
any tipps?

this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=F8PuE6zGghw#t=327

Top Bottom