• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

So we've seen some people report "hitching" while playing the game. Moments where the game just hiccups or pauses for a split second. Most of us had never seen this, but some people reported it happening regularly, which was weird.

So last night I finally decide to create a Uplay account on their website, and I log in on my PS4 so I stop getting that annoying pop up request every time I start the game. Sure enough I'm now seeing occasional "hitching" while playing. It only happens every once in a while, but it sure is annoying when it happens.

Yes another example of why this Uplay shit is so stupid.

Have the devs mentioned anything about what the future DLC will be?

Nope. I'm hoping the first pack doesn't take too long.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
So we've seen some people report "hitching" while playing the game. Moments where the game just hiccups or pauses for a split second. Most of us had never seen this, but some people reported it happening regularly, which was weird.

I have seen this a couple of times.
But if its happeing its at the first minutes of the session, usually once or twice during the first few minutes on the first track I play. But thats it, doesnt happen again then.

So last night I finally decide to create a Uplay account on their website, and I log in on my PS4 so I stop getting that annoying pop up request every time I start the game. Sure enough I'm now seeing occasional "hitching" while playing. It only happens every once in a while, but it sure is annoying when it happens.

I've had this a bunch, no Uplay.

qbicfeet

ive just tried light city run with the rabbit and done much better with it then with the viper.
Until the second to last obstacle...
I just cant for the life of me get over it..
any tipps?

this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=F8PuE6zGghw#t=327

It's a hard obstacle and I can do everything on that track semi-consistently except for this one (which is why I still haven't 0-faulted it). I mainly just try to land so that I am propelled upwards and get my front wheel on the second plank. This clip probably doesn't say much but it's what most of my attempts look like:

http://a.pomf.se/saoyxy.webm
Have the devs mentioned anything about what the future DLC will be?
Nope, but the "coming soon" thumbnail on the main menu hints at some skate-park elements.

There are also 4 empty podium for bikes in the garage, so that hints at a couple more bikes (Redlynx please let the first one be the Donkey!).

MauroNL

Damn I Golded everything up until the hard tracks but the only one I missed is the FMX mini game where you have to perform the tricks showed on screen but can't get higher then silver medal :( Any tips or a schematic with the specific moves mapped to the X1 controller?

kinggroin

Banned
Damn I Golded everything up until the hard tracks but the only one I missed is the FMX mini game where you have to perform the tricks showed on screen but can't get higher then silver medal :( Any tips or a schematic with the specific moves mapped to the X1 controller?

The trick to it is getting your bike to orientation as fast as possible and HOLDING IT THERE. Once in place and steady, position you rider by simply pressing AND HOLDING the stick in the direction indicated on the picture. He'll eventually snap to the move in question.

Steiner84

It's a hard obstacle and I can do everything on that track semi-consistently except for this one (which is why I still haven't 0-faulted it). I mainly just try to land so that I am propelled upwards and get my front wheel on the second plank. This clip probably doesn't say much but it's what most of my attempts look like:

http://a.pomf.se/saoyxy.webm

yeah thanks, thats what im doing now but I havent got it executed well enough yet

blazeuk

yeah thanks, thats what im doing now but I havent got it executed well enough yet

Try bunny hopping onto the plank and then a second bunny hop onto the 2nd part of the obstacle, the first bunny hop builds momentum up to be able to jump and angle yourself better for the second jump.

Pepiope

I can only complete Eye of the Storm from the Extreme tracks. Took me only 267 faults! I can't even come close to any of the other extreme tracks.

Duxxy3

I tried the game with my internet completely disabled, and I could swear that the game was running smoother.

edit:

Can I ask a big favor from someone?

http://youtu.be/GFFhy9nvZkM

The checkpoint in the air at :46. Get stuck on that checkpoint and see if you are able to advance. With momentum from the previous checkpoint I am able to get through to the next section, but if I fail I get stuck without enough momentum to clear that jump. It may be bugged, but I am not good enough to say one way or another.

whitehawk

Banned
I tried the game with my internet completely disabled, and I could swear that the game was running smoother.

edit:

The checkpoint in the air at :46. Get stuck on that checkpoint and see if you are able to advance. With momentum from the previous checkpoint I am able to get through to the next section, but if I fail I get stuck without enough momentum to clear that jump. It may be bugged, but I am not good enough to say one way or another.
I can tell you without trying that it is very possible. But I'll try anyway. brb.

edit: Yup, It's possible. Keep at it.

JaoSming

Neo Member

edit:

No lean when hitting gas + quick bunny hop at the edge worked for me
http://a.pomf.se/evlxdd.webm

Hopefully whitehawk has a better way of explaining that, or a more consistent way to do it.

Inferno IV beat'd! 400+ faults and 26 minutes, but still beat'd. I managed to gold Inferno III so I bet I can do the same here, but this is one tough course.

Frost Bite can fuck right off, though. It's the last track I have left to beat.

Inferno IV beat'd! 400+ faults and 26 minutes, but still beat'd. I managed to gold Inferno III so I bet I can do the same here, but this is one tough course.

Frost Bite can fuck right off, though. It's the last track I have left to beat.

This right here. I've given up on getting platinum on the FMX tracks for the moment. Trying to go back through the extremes and increase my rank or platinum. That second jump on Frost Bite is a nightmare. Seems fairly straight forward when I actually pull it off, but it's just random. I can't do it consistently.

whitehawk

Banned

edit:

No lean when hitting gas + quick bunny hop at the edge worked for me
http://a.pomf.se/evlxdd.webm

Hopefully whitehawk has a better way of explaining that, or a more consistent way to do it.
Gas + bunny hop is the correct way, but your doing the bunny hop too late. You're not getting enough push off the platform. Do it a bit earlier and you'll be good. Alternately, you can just lean forward. I made a quick video since I was bored:

http://youtu.be/QkbmA8otAA8

johnyqd

Is there a quick way to compare times with just a single opponent without going through each races leaderboards? I've been trying to figure it out and have failed so far.

I wish I could mark a person (people) as my nemesis so I got auto alerts on any track they are beating my times on.

Ezi0

I find using the dpad is easier for me (PS4). I couldn't for the life of me complete the hard tracks but I switched to the dpad and completed them. Albeit with a bronze but it's progress lol.

I find using the dpad is easier for me (PS4). I couldn't for the life of me complete the hard tracks but I switched to the dpad and completed them. Albeit with a bronze but it's progress lol.

I might try that. The rider-leaning feels more digital than analogue to me anyway, but I thought that was just me being a spam-handed Trials newbie.

educator

Bought the game yesterday to have something to play with my friend. We were both slightly disappointed when we learned that local multiplayer only had like 8-9 maps, nothing more. Are they going to release more maps for us couch friends anytime soon?

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Bought the game yesterday to have something to play with my friend. We were both slightly disappointed when we learned that local multiplayer only had like 8-9 maps, nothing more. Are they going to release more maps for us couch friends anytime soon?

Was worried about this too, can you download user tracks at least?

educator

Was worried about this too, can you download user tracks at least?

We tried but it doesn't work. The local multiplayer feels really stripped out. It's fun the short time it feels new and fresh, but that soon wears out. It's not a bad game, but I bought it for the sole purpose of playing with friends and it really disappointed us in that aspect which is sad.

Yeah this was a big disappointment, my biggest hope on Fusion was that they had fixed the random acts of death in the local Multiplayer. But instead they just butchered it.

I find it laughable that now 2 weeks after launch, and Ubisoft still doesn't have the community tracks section working properly. The Ubisoft, RedLynx, and Featured tracks sections all are still blank. Like come the hell on.

Steiner84

Gas + bunny hop is the correct way, but your doing the bunny hop too late. You're not getting enough push off the platform. Do it a bit earlier and you'll be good. Alternately, you can just lean forward. I made a quick video since I was bored:

http://youtu.be/QkbmA8otAA8

this convinced me that im not even doing the bunny hop correctly. How in the hell can you jump so high?!

atomsk

Party Pooper

For statistics sake, I linked my account to Uplay the first day. (through the website since it was busted on PS4)

While doing a weekly review where I make my non-game playing friend play video games, it hitched up 2-3 times over the course of 30 minutes.

And he's on FIOS, so it's not like it was a slow internet connection.

What information could the game possibly need in the middle of a damn track.

I'm finding this game harder to get into than the previous game. It's still fun and I'm now doing the hard levels which seem very much just a grind of bunny-hops so far.

Duxxy3

I can tell you without trying that it is very possible. But I'll try anyway. brb.

edit: Yup, It's possible. Keep at it.

I passed it already by keeping momentum from the earlier checkpoint, it is a lot easier that way.

I'm gonna try to get stuck again and see if I can recreate your bunny hop from the video.

JRW

I'm having a horrible time trying to get a zero fault run in the Icebreaker track, can't figure out how to get over the initial green crate and onto the floating platform without faulting once first.

Cajun

Neo Member
I'm having a horrible time trying to get a zero fault run in the Icebreaker track, can't figure out how to get over the initial green crate and onto the floating platform without faulting once first.

Bunny hop past the immediate sharp drop onto the next platform. Most consistent method for me by far, and its faster.

eso76

I find it laughable that now 2 weeks after launch, and Ubisoft still doesn't have the community tracks section working properly. The Ubisoft, RedLynx, and Featured tracks sections all are still blank. Like come the hell on.

This.

And rating tracks through like/don't like really doesn't help here, IMHO.
There's lots of competent, fun tracks you can't dislike. But when your only options are yes and no, what is your rating going to be for those rare tracks that explore entirely new solutions and are full of original and clever ideas ?
Trials evolution was a lot better in this area

Overdoziz

Banned
Hey qbicfeet, I'm trying to complete some challenging here. Can't have you just going around beating my track times left and right, I've got things to do!

qbicfeet

Hey qbicfeet, I'm trying to complete some challenging here. Can't have you just going around beating my track times left and right, I've got things to do!
133f47a442.jpg

I'm never letting you back on the first spot.

Seriously though I love you for presenting a challenge <3

MYeager

To be fair there have been technical issues with uPlay, Season Passes, and the game in general that they've been working on since launch. Also I imagine it must be a pain in the ass to have to sift through everything, I know on the 360 there's over 3000 user made tracks. I preferred the star system to thumbs up/down in Evolution but searching by rating has worked well for me. There's some really good user tracks on the 360 already.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
We tried but it doesn't work. The local multiplayer feels really stripped out. It's fun the short time it feels new and fresh, but that soon wears out. It's not a bad game, but I bought it for the sole purpose of playing with friends and it really disappointed us in that aspect which is sad.
That mode is essentially dead without community support. I can't believe they would do that after Evolution had so many stellar multiplayer tracks.

Lima

What is annoying about it? All you need is some speed and a good bunny hop at the end of the ramp to make it.

Cajun

Neo Member
I'm never letting you back on the first spot.

Seriously though I love you for presenting a challenge <3

Hmm you guys on PC actually have a slightly higher score than me...

Do you know 100% if FMX tracks affect overall leaderboard position? If so I'll just let it be.

Thanks finally figured it out after watching a few leaderboard replays, now I'm fighting this area towards the end lol:

3HfH3Mc.jpg

I don't recall Evolution or Trials HD having such annoyingly placed obstacles, at least not on the pre-extreme tracks.

Lean back hard and bunny hop off the end. I don't remember the entire track, but iirc you want to try to bunny hop off the end of the box as well for some more consistency in getting past the fire.

In other news, has anyone managed to get really deep into Ice Climb? I just made it about 160m and I'm convinced the 36 people above me on the leaderboards are gods.

qbicfeet

Hmm you guys on PC actually have a slightly higher score than me...

Do you know 100% if FMX tracks affect overall leaderboard position? If so I'll just let it be.

100% convinced it doesn't, it was even confirmed by the developers on the Ubi forums. The only thing they affect is your medal count.

Cajun

Neo Member
100% convinced it doesn't, it was even confirmed by the developers on the Ubi forums. The only thing they affect is your medal count.

Fantastic. Time to grind.

How the hell can dropping down be any faster than this (which isn't even a perfect landing on the box)?

That clip shows exactly what I explained to do. Thank you for reinforcing what I said.

I don't really care for the extreme tracks at all. I loved them in every previous console edition but these just aren't doing it at all for me.

Xyber

That clip shows exactly what I explained to do. Thank you for reinforcing what I said.

Braking when your back wheel is touching the box will help get the front down. Then you just tip back to get the back wheel on the box and do a bunny hop with full speed as soon as the back wheel touches the box. If done right there will never be more than 1 wheel on the box at a time.

I think the trickier part is to nail the landing on the ramp without bouncing too much so you can keep the speed and make the next jump.

Top Bottom