• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| webm required for proper OT experience!

whitehawk

Banned
I don't really care for the extreme tracks at all. I loved them in every previous console edition but these just aren't doing it at all for me.
Yeah. Same. Inferno 3 is also extremely extremely hard. I 0 faulted Inferno 2, got 2 faults on Inferno 3, but I'm stuck around 20 something faults for Inferno 4. Going to take a while.

Overdoziz

Banned
Yeah. Same. Inferno 3 is also extremely extremely hard. I 0 faulted Inferno 2, got 2 faults on Inferno 3, but I'm stuck around 20 something faults for Inferno 4. Going to take a while.
I honestly thought Way of the Ninja was harder than Inferno 3 because of its length. Inferno 4 definitely feels like the hardest track of any of the games, though. I'm currently at 8 faults. Hopefully I can get platinum some time soon or at least before the DLC comes.

Cajun

Neo Member
I honestly thought Way of the Ninja was harder than Inferno 3 because of its length. Inferno 4 definitely feels like the hardest track of any of the games, though. I'm currently at 8 faults. Hopefully I can get platinum some time soon or at least before the DLC comes.

I never put in the effort to zero fault Way of the Ninja, but could consistently zero fault Inferno 3. WotN is easily a more difficult track, and most of the obstacles in Inferno 3 had tricks to them that made them very consistent.

As for Inferno 4, I'm sitting at 6 faults right now, and for a few obstacles, I'm not sure if I'll ever figure out a proper way to tackle them (those damn barrels. I'm about to just learn how to do the bunny hop over the entire thing from the wheels up above).

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Way of the Ninja is the best track they have ever made. Challenging but none of it completely annoying like some of the extreme tracks get.

Some of the extreme tracks remind me of the horrible ninja tracks people like to make because they are insane.

Overdoziz

Banned
I'm never letting you back on the first spot.
lMUcmlj.jpg
!

That second jump in Frost Bite is impossible. I just spent a whole 500 faults in 28 minutes trying it with the Rabbit, and another 500 faults with the Viper before that. I'm beyond the point of raging right now - it's more like a quiet, simmering anger.

I don't feel like I suck at Trials! But that jump is absolutely impossible. It seems like the only way to get past it by sheer dumb luck, and I was still not lucky after 1,000+ faults.

Fuck you, Frost Bite.

japtor

Got this a little while ago and went through all the tracks today, didn't get 100+ faults until Inferno 4 iirc, I guess that's something (...I did get 99 faults on one of the other extreme tracks though). Course that's not counting all the resets on that first jump.

Anyone playing the 360 version feel free to add me if you need more competition. Same goes for HD and Evo if you still play those from time to time.
That second jump in Frost Bite is impossible. I just spent a whole 500 faults in 28 minutes trying it with the Rabbit, and another 500 faults with the Viper before that. I'm beyond the point of raging right now - it's more like a quiet, simmering anger.

I don't feel like I suck at Trials! But that jump is absolutely impossible. It seems like the only way to get past it by sheer dumb luck, and I was still not lucky after 1,000+ faults.

Fuck you, Frost Bite.
Which is the "second jump", like how many seconds into this video? There's a bunch of small ones in the beginning. If you really mean one of the early jumps you're in for a nightmare (a few times) later on in the track.

Anyone playing the 360 version feel free to add me if you need more competition. Same goes for HD and Evo if you still play those from time to time..

This is what makes me sad. I was perusing YouTube the other day and one of my favorite map makers was still on 360
Killlard
. I'm not sure if it's feasible, but it'd be so damn amazing if they could somehow consolidate the leaderboards and user made tracks.

And to those of you that added me on Xbox live, I'm not gonna touch any of the beginner to hard tracks for two weeks. Step it up a notch. ;)

Gowans

I'm having a mare on the extreme tracks.

Playing on Xbox One as Gowans007

Think I'll need to take a break and go for scores on the easy ones for a while.

Which is the "second jump", like how many seconds into this video? There's a bunch of small ones in the beginning. If you really mean one of the early jumps you're in for a nightmare (a few times) later on in the track.

Wow! Now I'm impressed. The 1:02 mark looks impossible for me. I am just starting the expert tracks after unlocking enough medals. The first couple so far aren't too bad but that track looks darn hard.

Daffy Duck

Managed to unlock the rabbit! Thank god.

Fast and furious style quote:

Ask any trials player, it doesn't matter if you finish with no faults or 400 hundred faults, finishing is finishing!

I found the first real obstacle (0:10-0:15 in the video) to be the only tough part in Frost Bite, it took me way too many tries and I ended up using the Rabbit to get past it. The rest of the track was very doable for me.

I found the first real obstacle (0:10-0:15 in the video) to be the only tough part in Frost Bite, it took me way too many tries and I ended up using the Rabbit to get past it. The rest of the track was very doable for me.

Yep. I've seen the whole track thanks to replays and the like, and nothing else looks even remotely as hard as that jump in the beginning.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Hmm, don't agree. I think that first double jump after the drop is easily the most difficult part of that track. Don't have too much trouble with the rest of it.

Well I reached the point of losing interest. One track took over 100 tries, that's enough for me. I reached just over 100 medals, not bad. The funny thing with this game is when I do finish some of the harder tracks I don't feel a great deal of accomplishment. That's what keeps me from coming back unlike previous Trials games. Not sure why.

I also agree with that Frost Bite jump (the 2 slanted platforms). I think that is the hardest obstacle in the game outside the ninja tracks of course. I'm even worse at that than the barrels in Inferno IV. I've only passed it once and I've hit the 30 minute mark on it as well.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I also agree with that Frost Bite jump (the 2 slanted platforms). I think that is the hardest obstacle in the game outside the ninja tracks of course. I'm even worse at that than the barrels in Inferno IV. I've only passed it once and I've hit the 30 minute mark on it as well.

I'm finally getting more consistent at it, though the only advice I can really give is have both tires hit and do the bunny hop motion as soon as you land. You wouldn't think there is enough time for a bunny hop since you bounce pretty hard, but it does work.

Zeth

I think I lost some of my magic touch with Trials. On 360 I platinumed most of the extremes including Way of the Ninja - which is still my favorite Trials track ever. I still need to put more time into Fusion but I do have quite a ways to go. Either I had a lot more free time with Evolution or it was slightly easier, maybe a combination of both.

Is it possible to rename a track you've created and shared? I named my first one something like Test 1 while making it and then I guess I forgot to rename it before uploading. Renaming the saved track in the track creator only affects the local copy.

(Search for the creator coolfrog on PS4 if you want to give it a try)

jesalr

I've started having real trouble with the last set of levels. I can never do the ramps that go straight on to a vertical wall like in the beginning of Light City Run.

Should I still be using the pit viper?

viveks86

Yes. I'm there now, but keep wussing out and going back to playing some easy and medium tracks just so I can feel halfway competent at the game :)

Keep trying. You'll get there eventually.

Managed to get gold on 2 hard tracks. I can see myself improving with every round of practice. But I still can't even fathom what the extreme tracks are going to be like.

Xyber

Must say that the game does a poor job of teaching you the skills needed for some of these tracks.

How so? Do you expect the game to teach you how to tackle every single thing?

They teach you the basics on how to go up steep walls, how to land on a steep wall, bunny hop and getting the bike to go forward after a ramp that goes straight up. For everything up to the extreme tracks, that is all the knowledge you need to complete them.

Extreme tracks requires you to play very differently to complete jumps in a consistent manner since some of the obstacles are designed so you can't tackle them in the normal way. This is why they are hard as fuck.

But anything before extreme tracks? The game has already told you everything you need to know. You just have to experiment with the best way to do it on that track. There's no one way of doing something that will magically work for everything.

On that note, how is the PC community of track creators? I assume 'Track Central' isn't cross-platform?

Seems good so far, think there was maybe 500 tracks the other day and the few I've tried from the highest rated ones have been pretty good. No cross plattform.

Duxxy3

How so? Do you expect the game to teach you how to tackle every single thing?

They teach you the basics on how to go up steep walls, how to land on a steep wall, bunny hop and getting the bike to go forward after a ramp that goes straight up. For everything up to the extreme tracks, that is all the knowledge you need to complete them.

Extreme tracks requires you to play very differently to complete jumps in a consistent manner since some of the obstacles are designed so you can't tackle them in the normal way. This is why they are hard as fuck.

But anything before extreme tracks? The game has already told you everything you need to know. You just have to experiment with the best way to do it on that track. There's no one way of doing something that will magically work for everything.

Seems good so far, think there was maybe 500 tracks the other day and the few I've tried from the highest rated ones have been pretty good. No cross plattform.

I'm saying there should be a final training program for the extreme tracks. There are at least a couple techniques that you only learn from places like youtube.

blazeuk

I'm saying there should be a final training program for the extreme tracks. There are at least a couple techniques that you only learn from places like youtube.

The games have never really taught you exactly the moves you need to get through the extreme tracks, they need a lot more precision and you need to have your technique down on what it has taught you to be able to put some thought into how to tackle obstacles (plenty of trial and error is needed too!). I actually thought Trials HD did the best job at slowly bringing your skill level up enough to tackle the extreme tracks but there were still plenty of parts that you had to figure out yourself (I may just think that way because it was where I started though).

There's essentially a limitless variety of ways obstacles can be designed. Like he said you can't create tutorials for a limitless variety of obstacles. Basically every single checkpoint in the extreme tracks requires a different technique and timing, and many of them can be performed in a variety of ways. I passed every Trials extreme track from Trials HD, Evo, and Fusion without looking up YouTube videos on how to do it. Part of the draw is trial and error through lots of practice and getting a feel for what works and what doesn't. The game gets too hard to just say "do it like this." You kind of have to figure a lot of it out yourself. I could watch 100 hours on how to hit the perfect drive down the fairway but chances are, the next time I go out on the course, I'll still shank the hell out of it until I practice over and over.

qbicfeet

Yeah, I'm convinced that Trials is a game that you can't learn just by watching - you simply have to play it for a very long time, get a feel for the physics and get those precise movements etched into your muscle memory. That's why it's such a rewarding game.

Even though Trials HD's difficulty spike was infuriating and felt impossible back then, I think it was great because you simply *had* to get all those techniques nailed down in order to progress to the next batch of tracks. Evolution and Fusion is a lot more lenient and lets you move on without having fully mastered stuff like bunny hops and climbing up inclines which is why so many new players get so frustrated with the last few sets of levels.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Yeah, I'm convinced that Trials is a game that you can't learn just by watching - you simply have to play it for a very long time, get a feel for the physics and get those precise movements etched into your muscle memory. That's why it's such a rewarding game.

Even though Trials HD's difficulty spike was infuriating and felt impossible back then, I think it was great because you simply *had* to get all those techniques nailed down in order to progress to the next batch of tracks. Evolution and Fusion is a lot more lenient and lets you move on without having fully mastered stuff like bunny hops and climbing up inclines which is why so many new players get so frustrated with the last few sets of levels.

Trials Evo and Fusion extreme tracks are way harder than HD.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Based on tearing I'm not going anywhere near that version. And I own a PS4.

There's only very, very minimal tearing in the PS4 version, and only in certain situations (typically when there's a lot of alpha effects on screen). And even then it only lasts for a few frames. Most of the time it's 100% solid. Definitely nothing to stay away from the PS4 version for.

Top Bottom