• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True Detective - Season 2 - We get the Season we deserve - Sundays on HBO

TTOOLL

My complaint is that the series is too much all over the place and because of that I can't get all the characters. Who the fuck is Stan? Velcoro is the only interesting character so far. I'm not good judging actors, so I can't tell much about VV, I know his character sucks tho.

I'm enjoying the show but I thought I would be more interested at this point.

sangreal

Pizzaman needs to pull his head out of his ass and tighten things up. This season is missing Fukunaga BADLY.

yeah, I really hope they bring him back for season 3

My complaint is that the series is to much all over the place and because of that I can't get all the characters. Who the fuck is Stan? Velcoro is the only interesting character so far. I'm not good judging actors, so I can't tell much about VV, I know his character sucks tho.

right there with you

one thing I've noticed is i haven't had that desire to rewatch the episodes

My complaint is that the series is to much all over the place and because of that I can't get all the characters. Who the fuck is Stan? Velcoro is the only interesting character so far. I'm not good judging actors, so I can't tell much about VV, I know his character sucks tho.

Admit it , the only reason you are even enjoying it a bit is because of the trail left from season 1, if this was season 1 you would be hating it. The characters are so haphazard there is no feeling that any of them sync together.

TTOOLL

Admit it , the only reason you are even enjoying it a bit is because of the trail left from season 1, if this was season 1 you would be hating it. The characters are so haphazard there is no feeling that any of them sync together.

Perhaps the opposite is also true. If we weren't comparing it to S1 all time we could be thinking differently.

Sifl

I was never a huge fan of Farrell, but he's by far the best part of the show.

Farrell: Good
McAdams: Whatever, not good but not really bad
Kitsch: Bad but tolerable
Vaughn: Please someone kill his character as fast as possible

TTOOLL

More like, everyone on this show is someone looking to die. That "Do you really want to live?" line could apply to any of the 4 leads lol.

That scene with the doctor was great. This questions really is the only thing tying the 4 leads. Looks like Velcoro has started thinking about living more, I know nothing about the others.

I enjoyed the episode. Can't saying I'm enjoying the gay subplot. I have zero interest in that character as a whole. I think Ray and and Bezzeridis are getting more interesting. I like the state vs velcoro subplot. Definitely nowhere near season one but I feel like there's some interesting threads here. Hopefully they pull on the right ones.

Kitsch's character is becoming intolerable. This isn't going past a season pizzaman, why so much dedication to him being closeted. Can he like...do something?

Kerned

Banned
Um, Elvis.
Nah, definitely Conway Twitty. That was his recording of "The Rose" and that guy seemed to me to be doing some serious Twitty cosplay.
latest

The best scenes are ripped from David Lynch. The worst scenes are ripped from a bad episode of CSI.

"A semi truck blocked me for half a second; the potential killer got away. Unfortunately, we don't have radios or cell phones to call this in. Not that it matters, because all of the officers, helicopters, and technology at the LAPD's disposal could not possibly help us to catch this obviously masked lunatic escaping on foot."

duckroll

You didn't get the meta jabs at Fukunaga?

No, actually after all the build up and reviewer hype about how embarrassing the scene is, it didn't strike me as odd at all. PIzzaman is not a subtle writer, if he was making mean digs at Fukunaga it would have been much more obvious. Instead it's just something that I think people read into more than what was there. The movie being made was totally Not-Mad-Max, but I didn't get a sense that it was a dig at Mad Max either. It's just a typical "Hollywood making another blockbuster, no time for the detectives who are following the money trail" scene.

Apt101

Ah, they're setting him (Farrell) up to take a fall. He knows it, they know he knows it. Not as dumb as he seems.

Edit: man, his father is so private and self-islanded it's uncomfortable.

kingocfs

I enjoyed the episode. Can't saying I'm enjoying the gay subplot. I have zero interest in that character as a whole. I think Ray and and Bezzeridis are getting more interesting. I like the state vs velcoro subplot. Definitely nowhere near season one but I feel like there's some interesting threads here. Hopefully they pull on the right ones.

Pretty much this, although I still don't really care about anyone.

Today is the day! Hope the Not-Fukunaga scene isn't as cringe-worthy as we're expecting!
Critics that saw screeners talked that up to be a much bigger deal than it was.
Vince Vaughn really is a terrible actor. I don't think it can be defended anymore. They needed someone imposing who could play both a guy who wants to go straight and have the aura of a strong businessman, while also possessing animal instincts of an oldschool gangster. What they got was a guy who looks like a chum no matter what he says or what he's trying to do.
I think Vince has a range of roles that he's strong in, this character is not it though.

It's got it's faults, and def isn't as good as season 1, but I'm still in. It's got just the right combination of old school noire and Hotline Miami esque creepiness for me.

Eh, I've liked him so far but I'm damn near the only one that thinks that. My problem is with kitsch. Liked him in other shit just not really feeling it.

the brooding thing was a bit over the top from Kitsche in this episode. I know that was sort of the point but he oversold that shit big time.

Top Bottom