• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True Detective - Season 2 - We get the Season we deserve - Sundays on HBO

sangreal

interesting... seems anyone helping out vince is done

they suggested before that casper was killed due to his own side shit

sangreal

Who is the
dead
guy?

Wondering this to, getting close to tapping out. Seems they are trying too hard this season.

Who the fuck is Stan!?

Thought I was the only one wondering. This episode is just about on par with episode one so far when it comes to being all over the place.

thought it was the guy frank shook down

e: watched the 2 scenes again and doubting that now

duckroll

Vince Vaughn really is a terrible actor. I don't think it can be defended anymore. They needed someone imposing who could play both a guy who wants to go straight and have the aura of a strong businessman, while also possessing animal instincts of an oldschool gangster. What they got was a guy who looks like a chum no matter what he says or what he's trying to do.

sangreal

thought this episode was a step back, but glad we are past episode 3 so we can lose the preconceived notions from the review episodes

Vince Vaughn really is a terrible actor. I don't think it can be defended anymore. They needed someone imposing who could play both a guy who wants to go straight and have the aura of a strong businessman, while also possessing animal instincts of an oldschool gangster. What they got was a guy who looks like a chum no matter what he says or what he's trying to do.

So what you're saying is that they should've gotten McConaughey.

Yep.

That fist fight sucked. I couldn't suspend disbelief on VV actually doing what he did.

I agree, that fight scene was pure comical. VV is by far the shows weakest link, though the show itself isn't doing much better. Things are "happening" but there's n barely any plot progression.

Dany

Banned

I think its the character. Everything is unraveling and collapsing. I can buy it. Though the scene with the dead dude was weird. He has one mode.

Mimosa97

Ain't nothing stopping this trainwreck ...

I thought nothing could be worse than the water stains scene but they managed to top that.

Well played.

On another note,the person who schedules these HBO shows should be fired.

I really don't want to watch Ballers after having the air sucked out of me from TD. Who thought putting those shows back to back was a good idea?

not horrible but just kinda boring. i will say the farrell saving adams scene looked brutally bad. lol it just looked so cheesy
All 3 episodes have been kinda boring. Besides 1 having a saving grace of the bully encounter, and Two the shooting cliffhanger. I'm really not even totally sure what's going on in the story to be honest.

sangreal

On another note,the person who schedules these HBO shows should be fired.

I really don't want to watch Ballers after having the air sucked out of me from TD. Who thought putting those shows back to back was a good idea?

eh, I am sure they are looking at SV following GOT

Altazor

So... yeah, I thought that was really scattered, just like the premiere. There were moments where I thought "who is this guy? why should I care that this is happening?" and so on - which, to be honest, isn't good.

then again, I do question myself sometimes, when I see other people lavishing praise on this season. I don't know if it's them or me.

All 3 episodes have been kinda boring. Besides 1 having a saving grace of the bully encounter, and Two the shooting cliffhanger. I'm really not even totally sure what's going on in the story to be honest.

Corrupt people and a mystery killer.......after that it gets confusing

BizzyBum

Well so far this is nowhere close to the first season, but at least now we're past the reviewed episodes so I'm hoping the payoff for this is going to be huge.

I see glimpses of greatness, but it just hasn't come together yet.

Vince Vaughn keeps doing that D'Onofrio's Kingpin, so unfortunate. haha
Fight scene lacked punch. Instead of hopping around and dodging punches like a spar, he should have obliterated the dude viciously. Then kept punching his mouth to knock the teeths out.

Arkeband

Banned
Vince Vaughn literally kicked the fat guy in the butt.

They had a cut specifically of a foot kicking a gelatinous buttcheek.

HBOGO was rock solid.

A bit of a comedown from ep2. I like that there was more real detective work. Went to the majors house, the Mad Max :)p) movie set, and followed up on the missing car; which lead to a footchase.

Paul is gay. Confirmed. I wish it was just him being a reckless thrillseeker. I don't expect any new ground to be covered with closeted guy who struggles to "hide" that part of himself from others.

I was right about Colin's status and Ray gets a lot of awesome work in this ep.

Fuck e-cgis again. LOL

Top Bottom