• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True Detective - Season 2 - We get the Season we deserve - Sundays on HBO

OZcNlGh.jpg

Not sure if it was posted but mask on set.

duckroll

Remember this gem?

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...-true-detective-season-2-better-than-season-1

Here is Nic Pizzolatto, the movie-star whisperer. He’ll do for Vince Vaughn what he did for Matthew McConaughey: bring out what’s been obscured by the kind of movies he’s made. “I felt like I could do a lot with the guy,” Nic told me. “I could show people stuff from Vince Vaughn they hadn’t seen before—the Vince Vaughn they always wanted, without knowing it.”

Loooooooooooooool.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I swear if Kitsch isn't slobbin some knob by the next two episodes imma pitch a fit

Remember this gem?

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...-true-detective-season-2-better-than-season-1

Here is Nic Pizzolatto, the movie-star whisperer. He’ll do for Vince Vaughn what he did for Matthew McConaughey: bring out what’s been obscured by the kind of movies he’s made. “I felt like I could do a lot with the guy,” Nic told me. “I could show people stuff from Vince Vaughn they hadn’t seen before—the Vince Vaughn they always wanted, without knowing it.”

Loooooooooooooool.

How pizzalulu must look when Vaughn woodenly turns and walks away in his scenes

nPm2M.gif

Blader

Apoplectic didn't bother me at all.I feel like I read that word all the time in books and articles, and I'm not reading high-brow stuff.

It's just unnecessary and unbelievable diction for these two guys. I also thought they'd said apoptosis, which really threw me for a second.

I laughed so hard at this line. Do people hate it? I thought it was great.

I cracked the hell up at "Go suck your own dick."

Remember this gem?

Loooooooooooooool.

lol, so he wanted Vaughn cast not because he was a good fit for the role, but because he wanted a personal challenge for himself.

JesseZao

McAdams and Farrell continue to keep the show afloat.

Vaughn and Kitsch remind me of fucking Heavy Rain characters.

Just coming in to say that's a great comparison.

I'm hoping that they expected the low expectations for the season and maybe even the lukewarm reception to eps 1-3 and that the show finds its stride starting in episode 4.

Remember this gem?

Loooooooooooooool.
720x405-4615797431tl15.jpg

big ander

This show's not very good but it's bad in weird enough ways that I'm in.

more than the half-hearted jabs at Fukunaga (which were both not all they were built up to be and very clearly attempted insults; either keep your mouth shut or go for the jugular nic), I just love how pizz was apparently betting on Mad Max: Fury Road being another soulless Hollywood requelboot with no logic or passion. breh had probably never seen a mad max movie and assumed they were below him, suddenly FR comes out after his script's already been filmed and 95% of critics are writing on its ambitious visual storytelling and feminist messages

Remember this gem?

Loooooooooooooool.

Pizzaman realizes its the director's job to get the best performance out of the actor right?

Imm0rt4l

The mayor definitely knows something about the video camera and hard drive found at caspers place.you can see it on his face both times that velcro brings it up. Probably something to do with what Frank alluded to in his talk with him. "Secret handshakes"

Remember this gem?

Loooooooooooooool.
*DEAD

Dresden

Remember this gem?

Loooooooooooooool.

Poor Vaughn. Getting exposed so hard right now.

Amir0x

Banned
How pizzalulu must look when Vaughn woodenly turns and walks away in his scenes

Seriously. Vaughn actually seems to be getting worse with each episode. That shit at the end of the episode when he looks down and back up and squints at his wife or whatever and then says "maybe later" i had to suppress laughter. Yeeesh he is bringing this production down.

Amir0x

Banned
Also this shit is going nowhere fast. One of the problems is that the first season of True Detective for all its flaws had a much more interesting storytelling conceit: that of the police interviewing our characters at some future point in time, causing the audience to wonder how they got to that position. We knew the show would eventually fast forward in time too for some episodes. It elevated some of the blander elements.

I'm not saying this season should have copied that (it really shouldn't have), but if that was the height of Nic Pizzolatto's storytelling flair I think this show is genuinely doomed to ever rise about that first season.

The way some people are talking about this show blows my mind. Yeah it's not as good as season 1, but it's still like a C+/B- for me. You all are acting like this is some dogshit failure.

xezuru

The way some people are talking about this show blows my mind. Yeah it's not as good as season 1, but it's still like a C+/B- for me. You all are acting like this is some dogshit failure.

Well it's pretty expected, especially from someone like me whom S1 is probably like top 3 for me, but in general, the amount of blatant troping and flatly acted scenes is really killing it for me, who knows how it will come together but while I do enjoy some things like Colin's portrayal so far, there's a good majority of the seasons branches so far that I could give a shit about.

All this especially being saddening knowing that I can get that similar yet unique taste Season 1 gave me by just watching Hannibal, which gives me investigation and mystique from S1, yet also has the tension from Breaking Bad, albeit in a lower overall dosage of execution (but still great).

120v

for what it's worth, if the episodes were available all at once i would've binged it in a day (unless it really goes south at some point)

so that's saying something. i'm always looking forward to the next episode. not exactly waiting for sunday night with bated breath like i am with GoT or anything, but it's still one of those "event" shows for me so far

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Seriously. This is where I'm at, it doesn't match the quality of season 1, but it's still entertaining and not offensively bad like some are making a concentrated effort to point in this thread.

Top Bottom