• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True Detective - Season 2 - We get the Season we deserve - Sundays on HBO

I'm in bizarro world, I think Vaughn is putting the strongest performance here. I can feel the panic, disgust, forced pride dripping out of his scenes. Farrell is great, but its a tropey role. Kitsch is doing his usual whispery, eyebrow scowl thing but his plot is picking up. Indifferent on McAdams right now, I think she might be over doing it a bit.

this_guy

I was ready to give Vaughn a chance. I really tried to like him in the first episode, but now, I just have to agree that he's the weakest one on the show. His wife might be the second weakest.

This. Any scene that's just VV and his wife is hard to pay attention, and when I do I see 2 people trying to act instead of the characters they are trying to portray.

Alcander

Pretty meh on this season so far. It really misses that special something from s1 that made everything so tense and dark, I dont know. Don't really feel the acting much either, though I think Ferrell is the best by far.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
watched the first two episodes. Nothing has grabbed me so far, hopefully things pick up a bit because for now it's a total borefest

Aurongel

I just can't believe we're on episode 4/8 and we're still in the "procedural questioning dudes" phase of the detective drama.

I get the feeling tonight's episode will be the best of S2 so far but mannnnn this show is dry.

Sober

I just can't believe we're on episode 4/8 and we're still in the "procedural questioning dudes" phase of the detective drama.

I get the feeling tonight's episode will be the best of S2 so far but mannnnn this show is dry.
The show is called "True Detective" and I highly doubt the actual procedural part of the show is gonna do a hard swerve. But go ahead Nick Pizzaman, surprise me.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
well i've been piecing together all the clues over the past few episodes and i think i've gotten a fairly good read on where one part of the show is heading.

biker cop guy likes homosex

Jarnet87

I started rewatching the first season, up to episode 4. There is definitely a lot of wordy dialogue in it, but McConaughey sells it betters and we've got Harrelson there to call him out on it or tell him to shut it.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I won't continue watching it if tonight's episode doesn't pull me in. I wanted to like it, but nothing has grabbed me, at all.

What? Show me your diagrams.
Ve1wEo2.jpg

Kerned

Banned
I won't continue watching it if tonight's episode doesn't pull me in. I wanted to like it, but nothing has grabbed me, at all.

I'm not exactly hooked yet either, but I know I'm not going to quit now. These seasons are so short, even by HBO standards.

this_guy

Put me in the camp that won't continue watching if tonight's episode is as disappointing as the last. So far the story isn't gripping and there's some bad acting which makes it difficult to pay attention.

Mayyhem

I wanna be put into that camp of not continuing watching if tonights episode sucks but I know that wont happen. All because of how much I loved the first season.

This season fucking blows

Shut up you're all gonna continue watching.

I wish you were wrong, you're SO not.

After last week's episode, I swore I was out, but I will be watching tonight. IDK if I come back because I think there's potential here, or just reverence for how much I enjoyed season 1. I want it to make me come back because of how good it is, not because I want to see how bad it's going to get.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The show is no where near bad enough that I'll stop watching, but I don't anticipate the new episodes like season one.

Mimosa97

I know I'll be disappointed again but I'll keep watching because as much as I'm not enjoying this season, I still want to know what happened to that old fucker.

And yeah fuck vince vaughn.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
y'all suck. this season is dope, if there was no season 1 to compare this too people would be praising it. and vince vaughn is really good. plus there's probably some buttstuff in store for taylor kitsch and i don't think anyone is going to miss that

Kerned

Banned
y'all suck. this season is dope, if there was no season 1 to compare this too people would be praising it. and vince vaughn is really good. plus there's probably some buttstuff in store for taylor kitsch and i don't think anyone is going to miss that

If there was no season one to compare to, I wouldn't have any reason to hope that at some point it gets better.

Unless they plan on going somewhere with this "he's gay" subplot, I wish they would just drop it. He and Vaughn are really dragging the show down.

The twist is that Vince Vaughn is also gay, which is why he can't get it up with his wife anymore, and he and Taylor Kitsch are gonna bang at the end of the season.

Top Bottom