• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True Detective - Season 2 - We get the Season we deserve - Sundays on HBO

sangreal

I thought that's what it was, I just didn't understand why it happened lol. Stray bullets by police? The guy shooting at them was like 2 floors below it.

well I mean they were shooting indiscriminately into the window once that dude disappeared

Kerned

Banned
I thought that's what it was, I just didn't understand why it happened lol. Stray bullets by police? The guy shooting at them was like 2 floors below it.

I don't know. Blown intentionally to destroy some evidence of some sort up there? It seemed like the mayor set them up, with his not-so-subtle "be careful out there" line. A big exercise to get rid of the cops looking into him.

Popnbake

I don't know. Blown intentionally to destroy some evidence of some sort up there? It seemed like the mayor set them up, with his not-so-subtle "be careful out there" line.

That's most likely it and the way the guys were ready for them definitely felt like an ambush so someone set them up.

But I doubt it was the mayor.

Cidd

I thought if I gave this show time it would start to grow on me like season 1 did. But so far this has been one big train wreck.

WTF happened?

love the naked gun shout out in this episode!

naked-gun-shootout.gif

Burt

I thought if I gave this show time it would start to grow on me like season 1 did. But so far this has been on big train wreck.

WTF happened?

Pizzolatto probably spent years writing the first season, months writing the second.

What the hell was the point of having the fourth cop tail Kitch's character last episode? It seemed like he was getting dirt on him, but since he's dead now, that whole thread just goes nowhere.

Which is fine. Threads don't always have to come to satisfying conclusions, and there were plenty left hanging last season. Since we're not done with the season yet though, there could easily still be a follow-up to it revolving around how Dixon (Dixon? I'm going with Dixon.) was informing on the squad and/or his dirt had already been passed on.

ezekial45

Banned
What the hell was the point of having the fourth cop tail Kitch's character last episode? It seemed like he was getting dirt on him, but since he's dead now, that whole thread just goes nowhere.

styl3s

eh...this just feels like a regular cop show now.
What regular cop show shows 30 cops get their wigs split from fully auto machine guns? Every other cop show maybe 1 cop dies and its always there to push them to get the escaped guy.

instead they said fuck it what would happen if 15 highly unprepared police officers with 9mm's walked into some fully automatic shit.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
The ending was good. But aside from that I believe was my least favorite episode. Started zoning out there in the middle. I like the three main characters (don't really give a shit about Vince's character) but their stories are moving so damn slow.

Zombine

Banned
No clue what is going on, but the last 10 minutes or so was really intense.

Vaughn's character makes me laugh, because he delivers his shallow lines like he wants the character to be a thing.

Apt101

Shit, I had a friend who lived in a complex like the one with all of the Mexicans. His dad even sold candy and pastries from a rack like that in their apartment to other people. Driving by on Ocean View Avenue one would never know it was there, hidden behind some rough and abandoned buildings. One day everyone there moved out, and it was flattened and turned into $300k condos within a few weeks.

Anyways, the scenery in this show looks a lot like Ocean View Virginia did back in the day.

Bloodrage

Banned
Are some people still seriously confused by what's going on? I guess this is what happens when you make a show that isn't hand-holdy. Leftovers all over again. The only questions I have/had were about Vince's character, but they're slowly being answered.

Crazy shootout, loved it. Surprised by the reaction to the baby too. Best episode so far.

Are they the only cops that survived that was part of the raid and if so is it going to look shady on their part with everyone dead and innocents dying as well?

Also the complaints amuse me about this show but people are not giving up on it since they are here week after week.

sangreal

Are some people still seriously confused by what's going on? I guess this is what happens when you make a show that isn't hand-holdy. Leftovers all over again. The only questions I have/had were about Vince's character, but they're slowly being answered.

Crazy fucking shootout. Surprised by the reaction to the baby too. Best episode so far.

What was surprising about the reaction to the baby? He desperately doesn't want to be gay. Baby provides some cover, both internally and externally

Burt

i think his acting is fine -- the writing is awful

those scenes would be just as grating with woody and matt

Velcoro's character is really growing on me. People were getting so upset about "sucking a robot's dick" and all, but that's who he is and absolutely something a dude like that would say.

Now let's get out of this monkeyfuck.

Apt101

Crazy shootout, loved it. Surprised by the reaction to the baby too. Best episode so far.

The only thing I am sure of, aside from the obvious overtures, is that Vaughn's character is replacing his inability to go clean and live a normal life with ascending to whatever criminal level he wasn't able to attain prior, which likely means a future in politics. The cops are going to be instrumental in that whether they want to or not.

The mystery, no idea. I'm only halfway through the episode.

So true about the Leftovers, I bailed after a few episodes and didn't bother watching the rest of the series on PVR

Great episode tonight, it's looking to really pick up after tonight (similar to S1).

The number of people who do nothing but trash this show but still seem to watch new episodes the second they are available is highly amusing.

Apt101

I can't remember a role like this before, Rachel McAdam's character. She's basically the grizzled, bitter, unlikeable pulp detective, disrespecting dames and fighting the brass, - but a woman. This is great.

Top Bottom