• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True Detective - Season 2 - We get the Season we deserve - Sundays on HBO

Finally got around to watching this week's episode.

Still bland, boring, and poorly written. Shootout was a complete joke and the fact that these 3 bozos don't get fired or sent to trial for being complete dumbasses is beyond me. Every mistake a person could make in a situation like that, those 3 went even farther.

Kitsch showed some chops at moments. His "fuck, fuck, fuck" on the street was lame but his conversation with Velcoro was solid. His reactions during the shootout were okay too.

Looks like we have a time jump coming in episode 5 with Velcoro looking good and sober. Will be interesting to see what happens since, unlike season 1, they didn't solve a damn thing.

Love when people come in and say ridiculous things like this. The episode literally ends when the shootout does. You have no idea what's going to happen next. How can you say the bolded?

That being said, this season is mostly trash. :(

neoism

DAAMANNN shit got rueal the last 5 minutes.. still not a fan of this season 2 and really not a fan of 90% of the episodes being boring as fuck and last little bit being worth watching...
I'm enjoying this, though I have no idea where this is going or what is actually meant to be going on exactly. I think the real reason I'm still into this is because I think I love Rachel McAdams, she's so cute.

beautiful-actress-rachel-mcadams-high-resolution-wallpaper-download-rachel-mcadams-images-free-660x330.jpg
agreed one of the only reasons Im watching loved her for years.. <3

Imm0rt4l

Good for you, bro. Sorry for giving my own reaction to the episode.
Nothing wrong with giving your reaction/opinion. Your post was very presumptuous. There's no point in making shit up to dislike about this series. The season is plenty trash enough as is that there's no shortage of stuff to actually complain about.

Can someone explain the Gang building explosion?

Did someone's bullet hit a gas pipe? Did a gang member blow themselves up?

The editing was horrendous and wasn't clear to me.

Blader

It's a made up television show. Who gives a fuck if I'm wrong about a statement. Just calling my shit out for being ridiculous in a thread about a completely ridiculous show does nothing to add to the discussion.

lol, what an amazing defense. "Yeah, so what if what I said was total bullshit? Don't call me out on it, you're ruining the discussion!"

You're not wrong in that regard, either, but the preview pretty much confirms it because
there's a time skip
and
Ani is wearing a regular cop uniform
and Ani has a conversation with Velcoro and says something to the effect of
"Do you really think we solved it?"

That preview was the first and only time where it even occurred to me that the ending of ep. 4 was meant to have
been them "solving" the case
:lol

It's a made up television show. Who gives a fuck if I'm wrong about a statement. Just calling my shit out for being ridiculous in a thread about a completely ridiculous show does nothing to add to the discussion.

I can't belive they made Colin Ferrell's red headed kid the birdman. What a stupid writing decision and dumb twist. This show is fucking dumb for that reveal.

Seriously though, if they had James McCaffrey reading these lines with Sam Lake doing vocal direction, True Detective season 2 would be amazing right now. This is totally Max Payne dialogue minus the great delivery.

Seriously though, if they had James McCaffrey reading these lines with Sam Lake doing vocal direction, True Detective season 2 would be amazing right now. This is totally Max Payne dialogue minus the great delivery.

Nlnq4za.gif

You are totally right. I'm now imagining all these lines being uttered by Max Payne, and they perfectly fit.

Seriously though if I had Nic Cage reading these lines, with Keanu Reeves as the other starring role, we'd have the best series ever.

This would be amazing.

Keanu Reeves is who I'd want to play Max Payne too.

Preview
why everyone is thinking there is a time jump? Ray is clean shaven, but there is a scene with his ex-wife at some desk, i assume it's a custody hearing so he just cleaned up. And Ani is demoted, but it could've happened in a matter of days.

Ep 4 was really the first one where I was annoyed with VV's performance. At least in the first three he felt somewhat intertwined into the overall story, but this was the first ep where he really felt like he was on an island, and the dialog for him was just horrid. Very stilted.

Honestly I've been trying to wrap my head around how fucking stupid the shootout was. Nobody made a single smart decision until Velcoro asked for cover fire so he could get closer to the door building. Before that they were screaming SHOOT ME SHOOT ME

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly I've been trying to wrap my head around how fucking stupid the shootout was. Nobody made a single smart decision until Velcoro asked for cover fire so he could get closer to the door building. Before that they were screaming SHOOT ME SHOOT ME

All these cops running between cover without even looking to see if it's safe or if they have suppressing fire cover.

Why wouldn't they all just hang tight until they got more backup? Why did backup take so damn long to get there?

Hell, why did they take so many men to apprehend this one dude? And why did they walk up to the house like a posse? If they thought the suspects were armed and dangerous, shouldn't t they have brought SWAT?

otapnam

All these cops running between cover without even looking to see if it's safe or if they have suppressing fire cover.

Why wouldn't they all just hang tight until they got more backup? Why did backup take so damn long to get there?

Hell, why did they take so many men to apprehend this one dude? And why did they walk up to the house like a posse? If they thought the suspects were armed and dangerous, shouldn't t they have brought SWAT?

It was like the cops acted like they were in a 70s movie but met bad guys from a 90s movie

nothing says "we have no idea what someone getting shot really looks like" quite like that classic cliched move of someone shaking left and right as they're being shot, like a raver on his 2nd hour of a molly hit.

Finalow

First time I'm in this thread and yeesh. I like this season, although I don't think it's as tight as the first. I think Vince Vaughn and Colin Ferrell are really knocking it out of the park acting wise.
uh, I find Vince Vaughn's acting to be pretty awful and not fitting the character at all. Velcoro's kid would be a better villain

Top Bottom