• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

robochimp

Jenov

OT: Watching these Comey reels on CNN, and holy shit, Comey is a giant. 6'8". Makes Trump look like the tiny man we know he is.

edit: haha no way is trump actually 6'2. comey had to bend down a lot to embrace him.

benjipwns

Banned
Putting someone in charge of the FBI who has no fucking experience with the FBI seems like a horrible idea so par for the course with this shit sandwich.
Of the six post-Hoover FBI Directors, four of them had no experience with the FBI, including Comey. All were either judges or U.S. Attorneys at some point.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
The rumblings have been McConnell and Ryan were both caught on tape discussing how to funnel Russian contributions into campaigns in violation of the law.

The only sources for this are what most would say are highly questionable and rightly so but so far these people have been hammering the bulletpoints before anyone else and the stuff turns out true
Say what? This is the first ive heard of this.

pigeon

Banned
Putting someone in charge of the FBI who has no fucking experience with the FBI seems like a horrible idea so par for the course with this shit sandwich.

The conventional argument for putting somebody from outside in as director is the same as the reason we put civilians in charge of Defense. State power is strong and people who rise to high positions in the FBI probably believe very earnestly in the ability to do good in the world by aggressively enforcing laws. That's why they were in the FBI for so long! It's useful to have somebody who might be more skeptical to temper the natural desire of agencies to act.

I support Evan McMullin as the next FBI director.

christie-gif.gif

Did Trump let him have an Oreo?

Trey howdy couldnt be in the government and head director. Gtfo

But here's the thing. Trey Gowdy by all accounts is a a trashcan.

A trashcan that has stated on multiple occasions that he wants to re-open the clinton email investigation until they find something to send her to prison.

but then again, this admin can't seem to understand consequences, so then its christie

God I can't wait for the movie, it's gonna be so good. Love All The Presidents Men.
Sf8O78c.png

Writer Ken Bensinger (Joseph Gordon Levitt) sits at his desk in a cubicle farm, the name "Buzzfeed" visible on the wall behind him. While looking through his e-mail, he sees a new attachment saying "You'll want to see this." He takes a sip of coffee as he scrolls before his eyes bulge and he spits out the coffee.

[Joker and the Thief by Wolfmother starts playing]
vJbeFpx.gif

Bensinger runs into an office where Miriam Elder (Maya Rudolph) is talking to Mark Schoofs (Stanley Tucci), he's panicking and holding a freshly printed document.

Bensinger: Guys, guys! I think-... I think I have a story. About Trump.
Elder: Pfft. [Taking paper] Like anybody gives a... What the-...?!
[Jump cut to Schoofs reading it]
Schoofs: No, actually I agree. I agree with the "What the-..." [Waves his hand to imply the final unspoken word].
Elder: How does this happen?

EARLIER...

Jeb Bush (Will Ferrel): [Facing camera] Hi! I'm Jeb Bush, and I'd sure like to be your president.

Cut to:
Jeb looking disappointed in a dark room, talking to an advisor (Ben Schwartz).

Jeb: How is he beating us? I just don't get it.
[Shot of Donald Trump (Alec Baldwin) at a campaign rally]
Advisor: I thought you had an exclamation point at the end of your name! It's time to get to action!
Jeb: ... Yeah.
Advisor: Step up!
Jeb: YEAH!

Cut to:
Jeb is on a phone.

Jeb: Hey... Who would I talk to about.... Hiring a spy?

Cut to:
Christopher Steele (Liam Neeson) meets with Jeb in a car in a parking garage. He's very intense.

FROM ADAM MCKAY
DIRECTOR OF "THE BIG SHORT" and "ANCHORMAN"

Steele: What is it you want?
Jeb: Well, if you could just... Find something. Like, maybe he cheated on some taxes, or maybe he said something offensive.
Steele: I'll start in Russia.
Jeb: Russia?
Steele: Russia.
Jeb: Why... why would you start in Russia?
Steele: Everything bad usually happens in Russia.
Jeb: ... Oh. [Smirks] Hey. We're kind of like James Bond and M, huh. Yeah, I'm M and you're George Lazenby.
[Steele stares, stone-faced.]

LATER

[Jeb sits in his pajamas reading the paper when the phone rings.]
Jeb: [Answers] Y'ello.
Steele: This is Steele. I have your information. It's big.
Jeb: Oh. Oh! No, that's okay. I'm actually out of the race. You don't have to-...
[Pause]
Jeb: ... Like.... Number 1?

John McCain (Bill Murray) stares at a document.

John McCain: .... Ha... Hahaha!

[In a hotel suite]
Trump: How bad are we talking?
Agent 1(Jordan Peele): ... Moscow, a few years ago.
Trump: ... Ah...
Agent 2(Keegan-Michael Key): Prostitution. Blackmail... Uh...
Agent 1: Illicit business ties.
Agent 2: And...
Agent 1: And...
Agent 2: Pee.
Agent 1: Yeah, pee.
Agent 2: [Nods]
Agent 1: People are probably gonna really latch onto... the pee.
Trump: ... Uhh...

[In an office]
Kellyanne Conway (Kate McKinnon): This might not be so bad, if it comes out. You know, maybe we could spin it. Like... You're improving Russian relations.
Trump: And, hey. Maybe there was a fire in the hotel.
Conway: [Winces]
Trump: ... And there wasn't any water. Someone had to put the fire out!

THE RIDICULOUS TRUE STORY
OF THE CRAZIEST SCANDAL IN AMERICAN POLITICAL HISTORY

Putin (Steve Carrell): [Chuckles nervously]

Big montage of quick cuts of shenanigans and character's reactions as the music gets to the last "Joker and the Thief" chorus repetition. Music stops.

GOLDENGATE

Trump is at press conference at Trump Tower.
Trump: No. No. Not you. No. Your organization is terrible.

COMING SOON

Ernest

Banned
the 'nothing will happen' crowd have to be shitting their pants right now.
Nothing will happen.

Mitch McConnell will block any effort in trying to hire an independent prosecutor. I have zero faith in seeing the Cheeto in Chief being removed or resigning from the White House with Republicans controlling both the House and Senate.

Boke1879

Yall...

I still can't get over Spicer hiding behind some bushes and telling people to turn off lights.

This is a grown ass man.

KHarvey16

Nothing will happen.

Mitch McConnell will block any efforts in trying to hire an independent prosecutor. I have zero faith in seeing Cheeto in Chief being removed or resigning from the White House with Republicans controlling both the House and Senate.

Look at recent elections. Republicans seats are in danger. Re-election concerns motivate politicians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom