• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. They're just ignorant. A lot of people in this country are. I wouldn't have cheered if I was in the audience. I imagine a lot of people wouldn't, that actually pay attention.

We forget because conservatives take the spotlight. But there's plenty of dumb to go around. Liberal ignorance doesn't vow to ruin lives of others. Minus the vaccine nuts.
I wouldn't call them ignorant, they boo'd just fine at the mention of sessions. Is it really outside the realm of possibility that they hate the guy for costing Hillary the election.

antonz

Ever since there were reports of Mcconnell being specifically left out of two closed door intelligence briefings by Comey back in March, there's been speculation that he's involved somehow as well.

The rumblings have been McConnell and Ryan were both caught on tape discussing how to funnel Russian contributions into campaigns in violation of the law.

The only sources for this are what most would say are highly questionable and rightly so but so far these people have been hammering the bulletpoints before anyone else and the stuff turns out true

AndyD

aka andydumi
Ever since there were reports of Mcconnell being specifically left out of two closed door intelligence briefings by Comey back in March, there's been speculation that he's involved somehow as well.

Yep. This has been going back and forth for a while. You could tell who was potentially involved and being investigated by who was skirted by Comey, and in turn was attacking Comey and deflecting the investigation and any call for independent prosecutor. McConnell, Ryan, Sessions, Chaffetz.

If there was clear evidence of a crime I assume they would "refer the matter to the Department of Justice" and expect DoJ to do their job.

The next step after that would be to demand that the president fire Sessions. Potentially impeach Sessions.

If the president refused to remove Sessions then the next step would be impeaching the president.

If Congress refused to act at that point, we have a pretty big problem.

In each case, obviously, the expectation would be that the clear and explicit defiance of the law would put more pressure on Republicans to act. That's why the "smoking gun" was important for Nixon.

If congress created the select committee I would assume they would act in the face of a smoking gun. It's all just so convoluted and fucked.

DavidDesu

People are forgetting, Trump has yet to have a massive crisis. Just imagine how he will handle that.

When it's looking like it's over don't be surprised we get that nuclear war with North Korea he's chomping at the bit to have. Honestly this guy would love to go down as the first president since WW2 to use nukes.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The rumblings have been McConnell and Ryan were both caught on tape discussing how to funnel Russian contributions into campaigns in violation of the law.

The only sources for this are what most would say are highly questionable and rightly so but so far these people have been hammering the bulletpoints before anyone else and the stuff turns out true

Sounds too good to be true. But man I would love it so much if Mitch McConnell got taken down. I'd probably pop actual champagne and I don't even drink.

christie-gif.gif

jelly

Do FBI agents ever climb up the ladder to get the top job?

Would it not be stupid to give the job to someone that has zero experience in the FBI ?

pa22word

Sounds too good to be true. But man I would love it so much if Mitch McConnell got taken down. I'd probably pop actual champagne and I don't even drink.
Mitch McConnel is one of those dudes who you look at and say, "one of these days your ass is going to be dead and on I will personally travel to your place of burial and piss on it"

Just an abhorrent human being, representing politics at its most cynical possible way.

Would it not be stupid to give the job to someone that has zero experience in the FBI ?

It seems incredibly stupid to me, but let's not forget that the guy in charge of replacing Comey has all of four months experience as an elected official. You'd need 5 years prior experience and proficiency with Excel just to get a job interview as a warehouse supervisor.

It also misleads as to the actual unfolding events by choosing to ignore resignations from Watergate but include them on Pissgate.
I was cognizant of this and contemplated either adding more resignations like Dean's to Nixon's side or adding less from Trump's side. But you're right, the selection impacted the density and is misleading.

Isn't that how Trump got the job, and how he's plugging inexperienced people in highly important positions in the government?

This is my main issue with the government, the roles of the heads of certain VERY IMPORTANT departments should be chosen by the departments and should be QUALIFIED to do so. Don't get "Joe Schmoe Sonuvabitch" , who was the corporate head of McDonalds and now I head the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Trump is a bonehead with most of his choices. It's like, if you've partied with Trump at a few swanky, "only the best" parties on occasion, Trump will come up to you and say, "Yeah, I know you. Seen you around at a few exclusive parties. You are rich, like me! I might have a job for you. Don't worry if you aren't qualified, that doesn't matter! You're rich, that's all that counts!"

Putting someone in charge of the FBI who has no fucking experience with the FBI seems like a horrible idea so par for the course with this shit sandwich.

Well you'd think the Deputy Director would take the spot, however the criticism against him is that his wife had ran as a Democrat in the VA State Senate. This brought up criticism for the involvement of politics in an independent federal department.

So naturally, Trump will nominate a person who identifies as a Republican.

Not

Banned

I'd take a fucking day off just to soak it in

Most humans
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Ryan
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Trump
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
McConnell
>
>
Third-world dictators

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I was cognizant of this and contemplated either adding more resignations like Dean's to Nixon's side or adding less from Trump's side. But you're right, the selection impacted the density and is misleading.

It's a good idea and with the right level of detail, it could be a useful graphic to share.

Putting someone in charge of the FBI who has no fucking experience with the FBI seems like a horrible idea so par for the course with this shit sandwich.

Trump's lackey will simply change the investigation to finding leaks and evidence that Obama spied on him.

Gowdy perfectly qualified for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom