• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
Looking forward to seeing Spicer being told he's fired while holding a press briefing.

Nah, he'll get a dm from the POTUS on twitter that he's been fired during a press briefing. When Trump realizes Spicy is actually doing a thing live for the WH, he'll then issue a tweet @ Spicer telling him to check his dms because he's been fired.

I hope Trump tweets it, and a reporter reads it out loud during his question.

And this is the icing on the cake.

Spicer: Now time for a Skype question.
Skype Head: How do you feel, Sean Spicer, about the fact that you have been fired 3 minutes ago?

d96.jpg

I need Spicer's dumbfounded face live on stage during a press conference as the very press he's been antagonizing tells him he's fired.

It'd be the best.

norm9

Spicer: He didn't "fire" me.

Does Spicer have a family he needs to spend more time with?

Eta- history books are already pretty scant on events and details. I wonder what historical event gets bumped off so that a chapter on the shame of Trump death of truth portion can be added?

daveo42

Banned

Eta- history books are already pretty scant on events and details. I wonder what historical event gets bumped off so that a chapter on the shame of Trump death of truth portion can be added?

He's got gundam cosplay he desperately needs to work on for a few upcoming cons.

He'll be suddenly deployed on submarine under the arctic ice shelf

Great stuff!

Also, this the Daily Show segment was so good last night in terms of early stuff I watched starting to call out the obvious bullshit cover up of Trump's first pretend reason for the firing since it even has those clips of Trump directly praising the man for what he fired him for lol:

https://youtu.be/3Pybklc-3cI?t=2m31s

Plus that basically shows it was all Trump making the call to fire Comey, which paired with these reports really doesn't look good at all.

This.

Along with the paper trail of him discussing his choice with his usual collaborators like Sessions etc.

Allard

Um yea I've heard this before.

We getting full 4 years plus 90% of 4 more. Buckle up.

considering how many people keep saying nothing will come from this despite people getting fired, resigning, constantly more info coming out. To me this is a reverse of that extremely tired onion article. Saying nothing will come of this when so much HAS already come of this. He made more enemies and is getting more and more by the day. The momentum I think at this point is unstoppable and the house and senate will realize eventually they stand in the way of the hurricane, they are going to get dragged into it. FBI which for a lot people claimed was 'trump land' (yes I know its the New York Office) does pride itself in being independent group, he stomped on a large hornets nest while being chased by killer bees and landed on a hill with bullet ants thinking they would attack one another and take each other out.

Amir0x

Banned
Listen: Trump can't possibly win the nomination

Listen: Trump can't possibly win the election

There are no sure things.

This is true, and this election should have taught everyone that.

But one thing is certain, Trump is not unbreakable. If anything these past four months have shown us, it is that Trump as president is just as vulnerable as any other president. And Americans are consistently showing their anger at his actions, in polls, protests and politics.

The odds decrease of his re-election every single second he remains president. And there is a shitload of days left for him to fuck himself even more.

😭

My boy

Hmmm... I think I see the secret message here...

To all:
I have long believed that
a President can fire an FBI Director for any reason, or for no reason at all. I'm not going to spend time on the decision or the way it was executed. I hope you won't either. It is done, and I will be fine, although I will miss you and the mission deeply.
I have said to you before that, in times of turbulence, the American people should see the FBI as a rock of competence, honesty, and independence. What makes leaving the FBI hard is the nature and quality of its people, who together make it that rock for America.
It is very hard to leave a group of people who are committed only to doing the right thing. My hope is that you will continue to live our values and the mission of protecting the American people and upholding the Constitution.
If you do that, you too will be sad when you leave, and the American people will be safer.
Working with you has been one of the great joys of my life. Thank you for that gift.
Jim Comey

WiseguyMVP

Been busy and I just realized how crazy it was for him to meet with the Russians and Kissinger today. One day after firing the FBI director invesgating him for Russian ties and with this investigation being compared to Watergate.

He did this as a big FU to his adversaries in politics and the media. He doesn't care how bad it looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom