• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
No, a series. 8 seasons minimum. It begins with 2012 WH correspondents dinner where Obama roasts Trump. Then to the start of Republican primaries in 2015.

i hope its in the style of Narcos where they use real video footage.

This is the first time in the last four months where I feel like the momentum has shifted to something actually happening, either legally or politically. I've seen anger in town halls before, but not like last night.

But there's still this huge part of me that can't allow hopes to be raised and squashed. I'd be crushed. So I've moved from "I doubt anything will change before 2020," to "If I don't think about it too much I won't jinx it."

3rdman

It's a Republican Senator suggesting that a left-leaning moderate be put in a position to investigate Trump. This is significant even if it would never happen.

If there is anything we've learned is that Trump wants sycophants around him...No way is he going to recommend someone with an independent bent. He's going to nominate a lackey...you know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Burr: "Did you ever hear Dir Comey tell the president he was not the subject of an investigation? McCABE: I can't comment

Blueblur1

Folks keep linking to that True Facts Stated twitter account which as far as I can tell hasn't had anything its tweeted corroborated or come true yet.

Who the hell is Louise Mensch?

She is the only one talking about sealed indictments, which tells me tales from my ass are being spread right now.

Former British MP. She's kooky but she's been right on some stuff, like the FISA court orders.

Claude Taylor also knew about the grand jury before anyone else.

Take them with a grain of salt, but they have *some* credibility.

There is no photos by WH press pool. They were never allowed in the room when Russian meeting took place. Only Russian media.

CNN were told that an official White House photographer was in the oval office to cover the meeting. Those are the photos I was referring to. The White House didn't release the photos they took themselves. They didn't let the press in to photograph the meeting. I'd say it's pretty obvious they didn't want photographs from the meeting out there given those two facts.

It's utterly hilarious they let the Russian's take photos and the egg that has put on their faces is joyous both in the optics of Trump glad handing Russian diplomats right after firing Comey, and now in how stupid the whole thing has made them look.

"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Fucking Rogers.
reece.JPG

KHarvey16

Have there been concrete, specific rumors of this type from these sources in the past that never materialized? They seem quite confident.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Ok that didn't answer my question and if he's the only one then I'm correct in saying she is the only one currently talking about something that nobody has mentioned or corroborated.

Yes it did.

Taylor is citing his own sources saying arrests are coming/indictments have been handed down. And he was separately right about the grand juries.

I'm still skeptical about all these people, but both him and Mensch are making these claims. Not just her.

RPGCrazied

Acting FBI director can't comment on if Comey told Trump on 3 different occasions he wasn't under investigation.

Really? How is that classified? Wow. I get it, don't tow the line Trump will fire you.

Acting FBI director can't comment on if Comey told Trump on 3 different occasions he wasn't under investigation.

Really? How is that classified? Wow. I get it, don't tow the line Trump will fire you.

This guy wasn't following Comey around like a pet on a leash. It's doubtful that he was present for any personal communications.

Tovarisc

He didn't say it's classified. He said he can't comment on it. That could also mean he doesn't know details about conversations that Comey had with Trump.

Rogers is an awful partisan choice. He would be a giant mistake.

I do not remotely rule out this administration being stupid enough to pick him.

chekhonte

these twitter rumor posts seem realllll unsubstantiated.

Right. This is the press steamrolling over Trump for his fake news chants and he definitely had this coming. He's arrogantly believes that he can control the media spin but the media is showing him that he cannot. They've been waiting for his first genuinely big controversy to bury him in shit. Here we are. There may be something here and there may not be. We probably will get another investigation through all this so we may even find out.

Mahonay

Banned
Committee is establishing Russia as a clear and aggressive threat, meanwhile our president is doing friendly photo-ops with them exclusively for Russian media.

THINGS ARE FUCKED

Former British MP. She's kooky but she's been right on some stuff, like the FISA court orders.

Claude Taylor also knew about the grand jury before anyone else.

Take them with a grain of salt, but they have *some* credibility.

Or they're flailing about and had some lucky guesses.

Jackpot

Banned
Who the hell is Louise Mensch?

She is the only one talking about sealed indictments, which tells me tales from my ass are being spread right now.

An ex-MP and hate-figure from the UK who moved the US to start a Buzzfeed-crossed-with-Breitbart website with all the bigoted shit that entails, but she's fallen on the "oppose" side to Trump and Russia.

rucury

Banned
what did he say i absolutely do to

He will absolutely inform the senate panel in case the WH or other entities attempt to influence the ongoing FBI investigation into possible Russian collusion regarding the past election and possible ongoing ties between Russia and current government employees and high ranking officials.

Yeah, right.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
YQispTm.png

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/862671618262396928

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/...nsider-ex-congressman-rogers-for-fbi-director

There is no photos by WH press pool. They were never allowed in the room when Russian meeting took place. Only Russian media.
There is almost always a the official presidential photographer, even when press are not allowed. Where do you think the bin laden raid photos came from?

Most people never see 99% of the photos this person takes.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Or they're flailing about and had some lucky guesses.

Some of these people are absolutely kooky, and should be taken with very significant skepticism.

That being said, I have not seen Taylor or Schindler be wrong about anything yet. For months their rumors and "sources" have been later borne out weeks to months later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom