• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

digdug2k

Yeah, but do you want Rudy or Gowdy?

Sure Rogers is no good, but not the worst that could get the job.
I think that's the new pledge of allegiance, isn't it? "I pledge alegiance to the flag of the United States of America. Sure its not great, in fact its kinda awful, but it could be worse."

ayeorkean

Don't understand why the first questions to McCabe wasn't why he felt it was ok to inform Reince Priebus about an ongoing investigation into trump's campaign, why did he allow Reince Priebus to anonymously quote him, will he continue to update the WH on the investigation.

Mollymauk

Election is over, let it go. Here is this neat map I had made because election...

K1BqS2N.png

https://twitter.com/TreyYingst/status/862669407868391424

It's the only thing that calms him down. It's Trump's version of Dean Stockwell singing Candy Colored Clown.

Ithil

Rubio has asked about Kaspersky at multiple hearings now. Did he have it on his PC and is worried it's compromised material of his or something?

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Rubio has asked about Kaspersky at multiple hearings now. Did he have it on his PC and is worried it's compromised material of his or something?

He did say he was hacked during one hearing so I guess he is trying to figure out how if he does not know already.

Mahonay

Banned
There's obviously some agenda he has with the Kaspersky question, asking it over and over again. I'm also curious as to why. Anyone know the history behind it?

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
There's obviously some agenda he has with the Kaspersky question, asking it over and over again. I'm also curious as to why. Anyone know the history behind it?

It is a Russian cyber security and antivirus so I assume he used it on his computers. Probably thinking that is how he got hacked.

Not even, since those two actually did vote down a GOP bill yesterday and cause it to not pass. Rubio by contrast hasn't even done that most minimum effort.

McCain will be voting No today again.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.buz...als-are-warning-about-a-russian-cybersecurity

Public contracting records show Kaspersky began getting US government contracts to protect online systems at the National Institutes of Health in 2008, and by 2014, the company’s products were being used by the Department of Justice, the Treasury Department, and several offices within the State Department, including some US embassies. According to the Federal Procurement database, Kaspersky’s most recent contract was signed with the Consumer Product Safety Commission in June 2016.

US IC suspects Kasperksy has ties to the Kremlin.

Ithil

It is a Russian cyber security and antivirus so I assume he used it on his computers. Probably thinking that is how he got hacked.

My question is why does he feel the need to ask this in the middle of two hearings? Can't he just ask someone from the IC privately?

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
My question is why does he feel the need to ask this in the middle of two hearings? Can't he just ask someone from the IC privately?

Probably wants a public answer. That is my guess he probably will ask privately if he didn't already.

AndyD

aka andydumi

I think I remember a story where around the time of the hacking scandals some Kaspersky engineers were taken away by Russian authorities never to be seen again. So either there is suspicion in the US the virus scanner tool is a Russian spy tool or the reverse, or both.

ivajz

I think I remember a story where around the time of the hacking scandals some Kaspersky engineers were taken away by Russian authorities never to be seen again. So either there is suspicion in the US the virus scanner tool is a Russian spy tool or the reverse, or both.

Yep! During a meeting, two guys went in and tossed a black bag over the guys head. They ended up dragging him out, and he hasn't been seen since.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Yep! During a meeting, two guys went in and tossed a black bag over the guys head. They ended up dragging him out, and he hasn't been seen since.
It still blows my mind that that happened. A guy got kidnapped in broad daylight in front of tons of people, and nothing happens. What the fuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom