• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, where is every person who was naive enough to think the investigation would go anywhere and Trump woudl face any consequences?

Come on guys. Tell us how this is OK. Tell us how he's going to get impeached. Come on.

Senate committee still has integrity.

Comey gets called to testify before that committee, blows the case open.

Either that, or the uproar manages to get an independent prosecutor appointed.

Either way, your members of Congress, even the Republican ones, are amenable to constituent pressure.

This means Comey was getting close to something, which could mean a series of defections from more principled FBI director appointees if Trump tries the same thing, a la the Saturday Night Massacre. In any case, Trump's impeachment is more likely than it was 4 hours ago, not less.

Hold on to your butts, ladies and gentlemen. This is going downhill fast. The next director is going after "leaks" and nothing else. Trump's gonna start locking people up.

BiggNife

The American people need to snap out of this daze. I don't know how anyone paying attention can stand this.

We're witnessing the deconstruction of our democracy and depending on our representatives to save us. We gotta wake up. We're all just throwing popcorn in the sidelines. It's insanity.
What are you talking about

Everyone knows this is fucked but there's very little we can do about it except 1) call representatives and 2) vote out Republicans in the 2018 midterms

What do you want us to do, march into the white house

RDreamer

Seriously, though, imagine opposite world where Comey announced Russian probe into Trump, Hillary wins because of it and then fires him. Conservatives around the nation spontaneously grow Drudge sirens from out their asses and we never hear about doing anything else again ever. About 10 investigations immediately pop up and the entire government goes into a standstill.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
You're totally wrong dude. Rosenstein's memo says:

a) Holding a press conference and criticizing Clinton publicly was inappropriate
b) Sending the letter about Hillary's emails was totally wrong to do

"It is not the bureaus responsibility to opine on whether a matter should be prosecuted"

"Stepped way out of his job disclosing the reccomendation in that fashion" doing so was "An error in his judgement"

I cannot defend the Director's handling of the conclusion of the investigation of Sec HRC's emails, and his refusal to accept the nearly universal judgement that he was mistaken. (Meaning everyone thought she was guilty)

The Director was wrong to usurp the AG's authority, and announce his conclusion that the case should be closed without prosection

Dude Abides

Banned
Not a Comey fan but you should not be allowed to fire and replace the head of the FBI when you're under investigation. That's fucked up.

But Trump isn't under investigation! Comey told him that not once, not twice, but three times! Nothing to see here folks. This is just about Comey's hamfisted public performances I swear.

ghostjoke

Banned
life-is-a-cat-pushing-watermelon-out-of-a-lake-thumb.jpg

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Why wouldn't he fire him on a Friday at 5 pm? People pay attention less over weekend.

BiggNife

Are you actually reading the thread? People are not angry they are giddy. Even though I think the giddiness is premature.
It seems split between "This is the beginning of the end for Trump!" And "oh God were fucked for another 7 years"

Just hyperbole out of the ass like every politics thread in OT

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I honestly don't know what to think anymore, I've almost lost interest. This guy is just beyond comprehension and every worst case scenario keeps happening. Honestly - will anything ever stick to this fucker?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
what in the fuck.

Comey, I hope your safe, as your whereabouts are unknown, supposedly he didnt show up for work today.

I want US marshalls marching on the white house and trump asociates at 5 am.

These traitorous fucks. THey arent even trying to hide it anymore.
Yep, comey has been kidnapped by the trump admin. They are currently waterboarding him to find out how much he knows. /s

so the day, the Senate IC sends a request for all Trump Finicial documents, from trump buisnesses, trump, and his staff, current and tranisiton.

they fire comey.

God I hope Claude Taylor is right, and Comey expected this, the indictments and warrants were no longer in the hands of comey as he passed the torch last week.

DOWN

Banned
Remember though that Comey never worded the investigation as Trump being investigated. He said it was an investigation of the Trump campaign. Trump saying he himself was not personally being investigated does not mean the Trump campaign investigation ever closed nor does it mean that investigation won't include conclusions about Trump.

pigeon

Banned
"It is not the bureaus responsibility to opine on whether a matter should be prosecuted"

"Stepped way out of his job disclosing the reccomendation in that fashion" doing so was "An error in his judgement"

I cannot defend the Director's handling of the conclusion of the investigation of Sec HRC's emails, and his refusal to accept the nearly universal judgement that he was mistaken. (Meaning everyone thought she was guilty)

The Director was wrong to usurp the AG's authority, and announce his conclusion that the case should be closed without prosection

Read past the first three paragraphs. It's a two page memo. There are multiple causes mentioned.

ElRenoRaven

The President who is under investigation for his links to Russia just fired the head of the FBI investigating those links at the recommendation of an Attorney General who had to recuse himself from those investigations because of his links to Russia.
Insane.

Just a prime example of why this country is doomed.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Jeffrey Toobin speaking truth on CNN. All the other commentators are dancing around the subject while he's the only one saying this all a farce so Trump can place a stooge in the FBI and shutdown their investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom