• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN suggesting that Chris Christie might be FBI director nomination.. BARF

Neither CNN nor anyone else knows anything about the incoming director, they're all just blowing smoke out their ass.

No doubt it'll be a stooge, but the leaks are gonna start to come out hard and fast. The IC is not going to take this lying down.

Trump's letter to Comey:

18gduik.jpg

Yep, dude was totally fired because of the Russia probe.

That letter is absurd. The idiocy of even mentioning the investigation in the letter. I'm seething with anger at the moronic scumbags that voted this corrupt national embarrassment into office, allowing him and his cronies to hold this country hostage.

studyguy

Currently Ted Cruz is more hesitant to talk about the firing without FACTS. Than the moderate Lindsey Graham who is A OK with this. So... take that as you will in regards to the senate confirmations to come regarding this post.

Couleurs

Not a Comey fan but you should not be allowed to fire and replace the head of the FBI when you're under investigation. That's fucked up.

Yeah I'm not sure how to feel about this.

Happy because Comey is a piece of shit who played a big part in Hillary losing?

Worried since he will be replaced by someone EVEN WORSE who will obviously try to help Trump avoid getting brought down?

ZOONAMI

wait... he fired Comey over the Clinton emails because Comey didn't lock her up? Or is he trying to come off as compassionate to Dems and say he shouldn't have meddled in the election? I assume the former...

The heat coming off the russians is the real answer.

Nether!

What does this mean, long-term, for an investigation into Trump's ties to Russia?
This looks awful, but can it really shut down ongoing work that's being completed by others at the FBI?
Comey wasn't leading that investigation, was he?
Those FBI officials will continue to work on the investigation.

Izuna

Banned
wait... he fired Comey over the Clinton emails because Comey didn't lock her up? Or is he trying to come off as compassionate to Dems and say he shouldn't have meddled in the election? I assume the former...
My sweet summer child. Have a seat.

This is amazing.

They fired Comey and, publicly, gave reasons he genuinely SHOULD have been fired, when privately everybody knows it's got nothing to do with that since Trump did not give a shit about Comey following procedure.

That Jeff Sessions letter is fucking crazy
This is some truly terrifying, crazy pills levels of insanity.

Trump is brazenly telling us the sky is green. He's waving his corruption in all of our faces confident he can weather whatever comes.

He needs to be go. Full stop.

But if Republicans continue their lock-step support he could get away with it.

Crosseyes

Banned
I better see some leaks tomorrow morning.
Yup. The biggest advancements in the story are thanks to the patriots ensuring behind the scenes that their discoveries reach the public eye. Anyone within who had confidence in Comey's leadership should be looking up the press' phone numbers right now.

depressedmetfan

Neo Member
I know I've seen some posts that explain this but I'm so dumbfounded I need help summarizing if this is actually real life.

If I'm reading this correctly, Jeff Sessions, who took himself out of the russia investigation due to being investigated himself, recommended to fire the FBI director in charge of the investigation and he made the recommendation because of how Comey handled the Hillary email investigation that may have helped trump won the election?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Guys, how is Fox News reporting this? Seriously.

It feels like something even they might be like, "Uhhh, WHAT" over.

Edit: Oh.

Never mind.

he is gonna get got by whom?

With the number of senior level Trump campaign insiders who are reportedly part of this conspiracy, it's highly unlikely that Pence wasn't at least knowledgeable about what was going on, which should be enough to disqualify him from the Presidency. It will either be President Ryan, or if this comes after the 2018 midterms, President Pelosi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom