• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently a private campaign firm in Annapolis that worked on a ton of GOP campaigns last fall is right now getting raided by the FBI in what early reports are calling an "armada" of FBI and US Marshals, and local multi jurisdiction law enforcement:

(the above grain of salt has increased in size considerably as the thread has since seen a local reporter describe it, a Gaffer describe an army of Police SUV's on the move, and now a confirmation by the FBI.)

That would explain all the SUV's that tried to run me over getting to work this morning.

Tovarisc

Conway: Trump expects people in his administration to 'be loyal to the administration'

Defending the sudden firing of FBI director James Comey, White House counselor Kellyanne Conway said Thursday that President Donald Trump ”expects people who are serving in his administration to be loyal to the country and to be loyal to the administration."

But she also confirmed what has been widely reported but little acknowledged by the White House: that Trump wanted Comey to be loyal to him.

”I think this is an all of the above answer, that the president has been watching," Conway said. ”And the president expects people who are serving in his administration to be loyal to the country and to be loyal to the administration."

Multiple news outlets, including POLITICO, have reported that Trump wanted to fire Comey because of his frustrations with the Russia investigation and his belief that the FBI director was not loyal to him. But the White House so far has tried to explain the decision differently.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/11/trump-loyalty-james-comey-firing-238262

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
the Strategic Campaign Group is located on Main St. in Annapolis

it's happening babyyyyy

Well to be fair Annapolis ain't that big and if you want to be near the State House (and want your offices in one of those nice old brick buildings) your office will be on Main Street or one of the nearby streets off the spoke.

Apharmd

This is all so amazing to watch. People are legit hot right now. Regardless of the conclusion its hard to think we'll see anything like this again in our lifetimes.

I'll be telling the younguns that when the biggest political scandal in the history of America finally exploded, I was in deep with a video gaming forum cheering with me mates.

LiK

Fucking love that Trump destroyed his own lies about firing Comey. Makes everyone under him looks like idiots.

rambis

Banned
Article was written by the woman who posted the tweets lol. Literally sourced herself.
First sentence says "FBI agents confirmed" , so they would be the source. And I think its been corrobated elsewhere as well. This hostility towards non major news sources is weird.

Shoeless

Fucking love that Trump destroyed his own lies about firing Comey. Makes everyone under him looks like idiots.

Won't Trump supporters simply convince themselves they never heard the contradictory statements in the first place? They just readjust their thinking to whatever they need to in a given moment, don't they?

Maxim726X

Holy shit, I was away for the morning and it appears I missed quite a bit.

Is there a tl;dr?

First sentence says "FBI agents confirmed" , so they would be the source. And I think its been corrobated elsewhere as well. This hostility towards non major news sources is weird.

It's completely warranted. In the age of bloggers and click-bait fantasy, it's important to wait for a story of this magnitude to be corroborated before accepting it as gospel.

They have only confirmed they are raiding a place in the area. They have not confirmed what place that is.

LiK

Won't Trump supporters simply convince themselves they never heard the contradictory statements in the first place? They just readjust their thinking to whatever they need to in a given moment, don't they?

Trump supporters are a lost cause.

jstripes

Banned
From the WBAL article.

rikzIdB.jpg

Blueblur1

This is all so amazing to watch. People are legit hot right now. Regardless of the conclusion its hard to think we'll see anything like this again in our lifetimes.

You're right. This is nuts and truly a spectacle we hopefully won't see again. I still can't believe this is life right now.

Well to be fair Annapolis ain't that big and if you want to be near the State House (and want your offices in one of those nice old brick buildings) your office will be on Main Street or one of the nearby streets off the spoke.

They're saying 'around Main Street', so that could mean pretty much anywhere in downtown. I'd go be nosy but I gotta work late. I have failed my duty.

hom3land

Trump: I know I'm not under investigation. You know when your under investigation. You get papers..

2 minutes later...

Trump: I asked him if I was under investigation.

This fucking guy.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Whatever this is I'm not totally convinced it ties to Trump directly. "Misappropriation of funds in Michigan" probably ain't stopping this train

I can't find this. What exactly am I looking at?

The FBI confirmed they were engaging in something somewhere in Annapolis, but wouldn't confirm where or what. The initial reports half an hour ago said it was happening at a place called "Strategic Campaign Group". This picture seems to confirm those reports were true.

Conway: Trump expects people in his administration to 'be loyal to the administration'

Defending the sudden firing of FBI director James Comey, White House counselor Kellyanne Conway said Thursday that President Donald Trump “expects people who are serving in his administration to be loyal to the country and to be loyal to the administration.”

But she also confirmed what has been widely reported but little acknowledged by the White House: that Trump wanted Comey to be loyal to him.

“I think this is an all of the above answer, that the president has been watching,” Conway said. “And the president expects people who are serving in his administration to be loyal to the country and to be loyal to the administration.”

Multiple news outlets, including POLITICO, have reported that Trump wanted to fire Comey because of his frustrations with the Russia investigation and his belief that the FBI director was not loyal to him. But the White House so far has tried to explain the decision differently.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/11/trump-loyalty-james-comey-firing-238262

Richard Nixon felt the same way.

rambis

Banned
Holy shit, I was away for the morning and it appears I missed quite a bit.

Is there a tl;dr?

It's completely warranted. In the age of bloggers and click-bait fantasy, it's important to wait for a story of this magnitude to be corroborated before accepting it as gospel.
I rarely see anybody in these threads take anything as gospel. Maybe E3 style "its happening" hype posts but nothing substancial.
Most things come up and people react with nothings gonna happen of whatever.

Brunire

At least wait until Fox News reports it. "FBI on company retreat in beautiful Annapolis."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom