• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jisgsaw

C_kyanmXgAAnX3K.jpg

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/862776278809759746

"40% consider the allegations [of russian involment in the election] more of a distraction"

... What?

zulux21

"40% consider theallegations [of russian involment in the elction] more of a distraction"

... What?

well think about it this way.
from the other side's viewpoint the whole russia thing likely looks a lot like hilliary's emails does to the dems side.

rambis

Banned
Hey guy, you realise your original post is still up right?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=236513685&postcount=8405

With quotes specifically relating to Louise Mensch and a random Redditer? Not the raid. The former are "tales from my ass" category.

Maybe try not to double down on a lie when you're counting on people to forget what you posted a few minutes ago.
What the fuck does this have to do with the other discussions we are having in the post we are actually talking about? Try not to poke your nose in shit that has nothing to do with you if you can't follow.

I'm talking about this original post of yours where you called out me and other posters who were telling people to stop posting reddit conspiracy theories.

You then acted vindicated when the FBI raid was confirmed by the WaPo, as if that is what we were trying to stop discussion of. It wasn't. It was the bullshit conspiracy theories originating from Mensch and proliferating on reddit about Russian money being poured into the GOP. Those need to be banned because, as this exchange illustrates, they are getting confused with real, actual news stories.
So why the fuck did you quote a post that you werent talking about? This is maddening. Im done with this discussion.

norm9

36% are more confident it'll be a fair investigation?
So 1 out of 3 Americans are complete morons. :\

That's always been the case seeing as the average person that is neither smart nor stupid is right in the middle and ~50% of people fall on either side of that average person.

It matches up with his current approval rating perfectly. So yeah....those are Trump supporting morons.

Yup. 36% believe anything Trump says about anything. At least as of right now. That number is going to decline though. It's hard to say how much though.

Fortunately 36% isn't going to win you shit in elections.

from the other side's viewpoint the whole russia thing likely looks a lot like hilliary's emails does to the dems side.

Even if you take a completely unbiased, neutral view of the two allegations, that doesn't make sense. Hillary's emails were negligence, plain and simple. The Russian ties to the Trump campaign are conspiracy to commit felonies at best, and treason at worst.

Jisgsaw

Well, I'd expect (sane) democrats would have also taken the emails seriously at first; as in, wanting to have the seriousness and reach of the claim investigated.
The question wasn't if trump should resign because of the allegations, just if the allegations are bad enough to warrant an investigation; 40% of americans seem to not care to know if a foreign power manipulated their election...

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Damn, this is totally like a GAF meltdown---now he's on the part where he tries to joke with everyone else right before the mods show up.

36% are more confident it'll be a fair investigation?
So 1 out of 3 Americans are complete morons. :\

A huge number of Republicans think that Comey is part of the deep state, "Obama's guy", and is trying to take Trump down. Removing Comey for those people would mean taking apart some of the conspiracy so Trump can #MAGA.

I wouldn't say they are complete morons, but incredibly misinformed and maybe even willfully ignorant.

Shoeless

The question wasn't if trump should resign because of the allegations, just if the allegations are bad enough to warrant an investigation; 40% of americans seem to not care to know if a foreign power manipulated their election...

I think it's because 40% of Americans now feel that it's not foreign power that country is largely white. The sentiment seems to be anything that hurts brown people is worth it, no matter how much it guts America.

I'm still amazed at how much fear visible minorities have generated in a big enough segment of the American population that they're willing to burn it all to the ground as long as those same minorities get hurt too. When you'd rather throw democracy out and let Russia maim your constitution as long as it brings the pain to colored people, that says a lot about what kind of a culture you have.

Piggus

Just a heads-up for anyone using the CNN stream: multiple people here at work received flags from their virus scan about a Flash-based exploit that seems to have compromised CNN's web-based streaming service. Might wanna run your virus/malware scanner.

Steel

Banned
A huge number of Republicans think that Comey is part of the deep state, "Obama's guy", and is trying to take Trump down. Removing Comey for those people would mean taking apart some of the conspiracy so Trump can #MAGA.

I wouldn't say they are complete morons, but incredibly misinformed and maybe even willfully ignorant.

But Comey was originally appointed by Bush....

I'm impressed we are 176 pages in and no signs of stopping with new information

The Russia story has faded out of the news cycle at times, but every time it resurfaces it seems to come back harder. And the press definitely sense blood in the water with this administration. And any residual goodwill for Trump within the IC has probably reached its limits. Plus the entire Trump administration is in a panic, nobody's on message at any level, and unforced errors and admissions are being made on an hourly basis.

Sure.

And the way Clinton responded to that investigation doesn't look anything like how Trump is responding to this one.

I don't think Trump is guilty of collusion with Russia. But his anger and actions towards anyone investigating or questioning him, sure seems to be leading to a lot of behavior that is concerning and inappropriate, if not rising to the standard of illegal.

People say things like 'Trump will be great, because he'll run the country like a business.'

But the problem is he's running the country like he runs HIS businesses.

And we know he put his own interests first when it came to those businesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom