• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemonz

C_eje6qXkAAeDrK.jpg

KHarvey16

Before I forget the "its happening" crowd please eat your crow. The "nothing will come of this" crow stays winning.

I was looking at the early thread with the 2 dudes meeting with DAG and I was just shacking my head like dudes c'mon.

This whole thing is a mess but with Reps backing Trump, he remains untouchable. Fuck this administration and the remaining 4 years of this asshat.

Lol, what are you talking about? This is further evidence the "nothing will happen" impulse some have isn't related to actual facts.

So Comey told Trump he wasn't under investigation over a dinner and a couple of phone calls. Yeah man I totally believe him.

It is insane that a whole paragraph of a 3 paragraph letter, informing the Director of the FBI that he was fired, was dedicated to this madness.

I actually believe that Trump asked him 3 separate times, I believe Comey told him that he could not talk about it and Trump tried to morph that into what he wanted to hear, so insecure about the issue that he included that statement in the letter as a sideways way of asking yet again.

Before I forget the "its happening" crowd please eat your crow. The "nothing will come of this" crow stays winning.

I was looking at the early thread with the 2 dudes meeting with DAG and I was just shacking my head like dudes c'mon.

This whole thing is a mess but with Reps backing Trump, he remains untouchable. Fuck this administration and the remaining 4 years of this asshat.

This is becoming a major drag on his administration and his ability to govern, even with both houses of congress of his party. After the events of this week - which show no sign of relenting - it's getting more difficult for this administration to put this Russian investigation firmly behind them.

Not everything is a binary of impeached/not-impeached. There's a huge gulf of consequences in between this could have for his administration, and I don't think posts like these show an understanding of that.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
36% are more confident it'll be a fair investigation?
So 1 out of 3 Americans are complete morons. :

You cannot possibly be surprised by this, right?

I mean look at who is the president. TBH I'm surprised the number isn't higher. The vast majority of Americans are either pathetically ignorant or so blind to partisan politics that he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and not lose support. Instead they would praise king trump for literally being a straight shooter.

I only followed the first 20 pages. Did something major happen besides the firing?

Take your pick. It's been a constant mess if mishandling their message, the original message itself making no sense and a bunch of idiots flailing trying to make any of it make sense. I dunno about major, but it's like they traded out the shovel for an industrial digger since the firing and are on one hell of a race to the bottom.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This is becoming a major drag on his administration and his ability to govern, even with both houses of congress of his party. After the events of this week - which show no sign of relenting - it's getting more difficult for this administration to put this Russian investigation firmly behind them.

Not everything is a binary of impeached/not-impeached. There's a huge gulf of consequences in between this could have for his administration, and I don't think posts like these show an understanding of that.

That's because having the word "corrupt" attached to your party has historically led to massive electoral defeats. I don't think the "nothing will come of this" side really understands that.

Trump won the election on the back of repeatedly accusing his opponent of being corrupt.

Take your pick. It's been a constant mess if mishandling their message, the original message itself making no sense and a bunch of idiots flailing trying to make any of it make sense. I dunno about major, but it's like they traded out the shovel for an industrial digger since the firing and are on one hell of a race to the bottom.

Ok thanks

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Eummm what?

Yes.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-raids-office-of-republican-consulting-firm/

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/fbi-searching-annapolis-fundraiserconsulting-firm/9639787

They broke the story.

The firm is touted for pioneering the use of technology in political campaigns, and it represents GOP candidates nationwide. The firm's website said one of its principles was formerly associated with a firm operated by Paul Manafort, who is the former Trump campaign manager whose business dealings with Russia are under intense scrutiny.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Before I forget the "its happening" crowd please eat your crow. The "nothing will come of this" crowd stays winning.

These things, they take time. Those of us old enough to remember Watergate understand this. It's ignorant to think nothing will come of this. Plenty of things are coming it's just a slow process.

Trump seems to be shrinking from his supposed 6'2 and lyin doctor 6'3

In the Tass photo opp he is clearly shorter than the "fired? You're kidding" Russian to the left, lavrov, someone whose official 1.88m height is the same as trump.

These things, they take time. Those of us old enough to remember Watergate understand this. It's ignorant to think nothing will come of this. Plenty of things are coming it's just a slow process.

The length of the process has nothing to do with people thinking nothing will happen.

Maybe they should just say 'he'll finish his term' so people don't get so mad.

^^^ this. Despite so many attempts to dispel watergate by a smarter man (Nixon) than trump the shadow just slowly grew and republican support for him and therefore votes against impeachment were literally the last thing to crumble.

Mahonay

Banned
So we are now at the point of mocking how he sits, eh? Interesting. Is the next step comparing how he holds his fork to previous presidents?
This is what happens when you're a president that always mocks other people. People mock you back. It goes both ways. Fuck him.

Iolo

People forget that Nixon was re-elected in a landslide during the middle of Watergate.

It took the release of Nixon's pee pee tape, which went up to SCOTUS, to finally convince enough Republicans to impeach.

DarkKyo

So we are now at the point of mocking how he sits, eh? Interesting. Is the next step comparing how he holds his fork to previous presidents?

When you're a collection of various garbage pretending to be a man pretending to be president it would be more surprising not to be mocked.

I had never considered that making fun of the way the President sits is crossing some kind of line. Is it a medical condition that forces him to sit like he's trying to force out a massive shit?

GreyWind

"Kellyanne Conway accuses Anderson Cooper of ‘sexism' over eyeroll"

Now she plays the sexism card. I bet she didn't mind Trump's 'grab em by the pussy comment.

Fucking hypocrite

Dude Abides

Banned
Yes.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-raids-office-of-republican-consulting-firm/

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/fbi-searching-annapolis-fundraiserconsulting-firm/9639787

They broke the story.

The firm is touted for pioneering the use of technology in political campaigns, and it represents GOP candidates nationwide. The firm's website said one of its principles was formerly associated with a firm operated by Paul Manafort, who is the former Trump campaign manager whose business dealings with Russia are under intense scrutiny.

The FBI said this is connected to them defrauding Cuccinelli so it probably is unrelated to Trump.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I had never considered that making fun of the way the President sits is crossing some kind of line. Is it a medical condition that forces him to sit like he's trying to force out a massive shit?

Just wants to be on the edge of his seat. People sit differently.

The FBI said this is connected to them defrauding Cuccinelli so it probably is unrelated to Trump.

Upsetting but expected to not be part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom