• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I'm concerned, anyone voting for a Republican this year or next for any reason is complicit in this and endorsing this

Otnopolit

Probably a smart move politically.

In a nutshell: Trump can afford the beating the media will give him in the short-term. Our news cycle is such shit that you could bank on this being a non-story in a couple of weeks.

What Trump CANT afford is an ongoing investigation where, potentially, someone connected to trump is actually prosecuted. With this move, the investigation is essentially nipped. He knows the only other real dangers are the Senate investigation (lol) or the House investigation (bigger lol), or an investigation by the DOJ which is helmed by our buddy Sessions (biggest lol).

I personally think this is a calculated, smart move.

This is not smart. This fans fire.

wait... he fired Comey over the Clinton emails because Comey didn't lock her up? Or is he trying to come off as compassionate to Dems and say he shouldn't have meddled in the election? I assume the former...

Oh that would be incredible. Comey fired due to incompetence over Hillary's emails.

I need a hug before I break something.
giphy.gif

We'll survive this.

3rdman

In a nutshell: Trump can afford the beating the media will give him in the short-term. Our news cycle is such shit that you could bank on this being a non-story in a couple of weeks.

What Trump CANT afford is an ongoing investigation where, potentially, someone connected to trump is actually prosecuted. With this move, the investigation is essentially nipped. He knows the only other real dangers are the Senate investigation (lol) or the House investigation (bigger lol), or an investigation by the DOJ which is helmed by our buddy Sessions (biggest lol).

The only thing he did was guarantee an independent investigator...shit will keep leaking...its only time because he wouldn't have done this if shit wasn't on the up and up.

Amir0x

Banned
hooo the press is not having this today. Consensus is there is only one rational conclusion for the reason Comey is fired, and it ain't good for Trump.

IrishNinja

this feels incredibly short-sighed - imagine the dems were a competent party. theyve already got that albatross of a healthcare bill to come at certain GOP members, now this? and when the Senate/etc won't investigate it properly...he just pushed this from conspiracy theory for some, to a trail of thick smoke.

donny wasn't bulky to operate at this level, and its showing.

Kusagari

Good points being brought up on CNN that Trump was gushing over the egregious press conference the entire campaign and constantly brought it up to attack Hillary.

jurgen

If anyone should have been fired six times in the past 12 months it's Comey, who did literally everything wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom