• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious: Any liberals left that hated Comey for the HRC emails? Thanks for giving Trump the talking point he needed to defend the Comey firing.

Here's the facts about Comey. Was ALWAYS non partisan. Was ALWAYS a patriot. And the only man in the USA with the resources to stop the would-be dictator Trump. Thanks for the unwarranted and irrational hate on Comey.
This is bullshit. Comey's firing had nothing to do with HRC.No one is buying his bullshit talking point. We all know why he fired Comey.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I just heard audio of Trump claiming that Comey asked to have dinner with him because he wanted to express his interest in staying on as FBI Director.
What a fucking bizarre claim to make. Comey still had six years left.
Seems like Trump just making shit up but not having a knowledge base to build his lies from.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Please stop pretending like reasons matter to Trump.

They don't. Nor did I say they did. But his SUPPORTERS will look for any talking point the dictator feeds them so they can continue living in their bubble. Right now, Right-Wingers (you won't see them on GAF) are using Liberal quotes againsts Comey to defend Trump's moves and muddy the waters as to why Comey was fired. Instead of it being a black and white issue like it is, that is Trump fired Comey because Comey was aiming to take him down for Trump-Russia we now have the media and the right also throwing in the FAKE narrative that Comey deserved it for his HRC email treatment.

digdug2k

Curious: Any liberals left that hated Comey for the HRC emails? Thanks for giving Trump the talking point he needed to defend the Comey firing.

Here's the facts about Comey. Was ALWAYS non partisan. Was ALWAYS a patriot. And the only man in the USA with the resources to stop the would-be dictator Trump. Thanks for the unwarranted and irrational hate on Comey.
What are you curious about?

Comey wasn't fired for the Clinton shit. There's no reason to talk about it. It's got zero to do with what happened this week.

Jerm411

I never thought I'd hear a press secretary worse than Spicey......and then I listened to Sarah Huckabee Sanders Pence Trump talk today and boy was I wrong...

The mental gymnastics she had to perform to try and spin the lies and deceit surrounding Comey was quite the spectacle....ridiculous goes without saying.

Necrovex

Trump would have crafted other reasons of why he fire Comey. He makes up nonsense to justify most of his actions anyway.

They don't. Nor did I say they did. But his SUPPORTERS will look for any talking point the dictator feeds them so they can continue living in their bubble. Right now, Right-Wingers (you won't see them on GAF) are using Liberal quotes againsts Comey to defend Trump's moves and muddy the waters as to why Comey was fired. Instead of it being a black and white issue like it is, that is Trump fired Comey because Comey was aiming to take him down for Trump-Russia we now have the media and the right also throwing in the FAKE narrative that Comey deserved it for his HRC email treatment.

It wouldn't matter man, there would just be another issue. Fucking grab her by the pussy, on fucking tape. Black and white. Stop.

Doesn't contradict what I said.

So it was a pedantic point, okay the tapes were not directly released they were ruled by SCOTUS to be released and he saw the writing on the wall. Glad that was cleared up.

Hitman

It wasn't unwarranted nor irrational, he had zero reason to send the Oct. letter. Zero.

Comey was gonna be fired because of the investigation into Russia. The talking point about Clinton emails will die in a week. Hell Trump killed it himself in 3 days.

How bout this for a reason. If he hadn't sent the PRIVATE letter to Congress that Chattefz UNETHICALLY leaked, Guiliani stooges in New York like NYPD cheif would have held a PARTISAN press conference announcing the emails. And that announcement would have implied bullshit like the emails were pedo related.

sangreal

I just heard audio of Trump claiming that Comey asked to have dinner with him because he wanted to express his interest in staying on as FBI Director.
What a fucking bizarre claim to make. Comey still had six years left.
Seems like Trump just making shit up but not having a knowledge base to build his lies from.

Not only does it not make sense, it also says -- from Trump's own mouth -- that Trump asked him if he was investigating Trump as part of his conversation on whether to keep Comey around

"I want to talk to you about keeping me on as the head of the FBI"
"Are you investigating me?"
"No"
"Okay, you can stay then"

not a good look

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Yeah, let's pretend that talking point isn't a joke, especially now that Trump is on record contradicting it.

Nick_C

In a Private Dinner, Trump Demanded Loyalty. Comey Demurred.

my favorite part of this is

Comey: "So... those crowds sure were huge. Also I got your electoral map in the mail, truly amazing."
Trump: "Let's cut the bullshit."

Appeal to ego didn't work :^[

Comey still living by that "radical truth, radical transparency" it seems.

Politicians and elected officials should have to wear body cams.

Posted this last night, but it was joked about during his senate confirmation hearing. Recording our meetings is a godsend when it comes to accountability.

Hitman

Trump would have crafted other reasons of why he fire Comey. He makes up nonsense to justify most of his actions anyway.

True. But because of Liberals and their irrational hate on Comey, he and his supporters now have a convenient and semi-credible talking point to defend this firing. Now MSM needs to atleast TOUCH on that reason and the nation will be more divided on the reasoning than they should be.

Is the irony lost on anyone that the symbol of the trump supporter is a frog 🐸 and Trumps campaign promise was to drain the swamp, its like, its like they secretly realize they are swamp creatures or something.

Hitman

This is bullshit. Comey's firing had nothing to do with HRC.No one is buying his bullshit talking point. We all know why he fired Comey.

It is bullshit. Did I say it wasnt? But that does NOT mean that people aren't buying it. His supporters are buying it. You wouldn't know this if your only forum is the Liberal leaning Neogaf.

It is bullshit. Did I say it wasnt? But that does NOT mean that people aren't buying it. His supporters are buying it. You wouldn't know this if your only forum is the Liberal leaning Neogaf.

And again, it doesn't matter man. They will buy it regardless. Grab her by the pussy, np. I can shoot someone in the streets, np. His supporters aren't getting turned.

Everything is always a liberal media conspiracy. I cannot convince my Trump voting parents of climate change, evolution, or that the civil war was about slavery.

iammeiam

It only works as cover if you're willfully blind enough to ignore the difference. It is possible to believe that:

- Intentionally or not, Comey let partisan beliefs influence his actions as director
- Partisan or not, his handling of the HRC e-mail investigation was out of step with what should be acceptable for the FBI director
- The late October letter becomes incredibly awkward in light of knowing there was Trump investigation activity going on at the time; whatever his reasoning, Comey ended up at the tail end of the campaign outing one candidate's potential investigation that amounted to nothing while not outing one that is still ongoing now.

We should not have to bit our tongues and be only complimentary of every possible person just in case Trump decides to fire people to cover his own ass. Trump doesn't get to do this and then hide behind Democrats, and we absolutely should not treat his weak attempts at blame-shifting as legitimate. Trump's excuses are weak, he was praising Comey for what Dems were complaining about him for, so there's no logical route that makes his actions supported by the left.

We can't engage in discourse only using words an administration with no fear of misleading and outright lying to the public won't be able to use against us; Trump will still blame the Democrats for everything (he's blaming Obama for Flynn! Somehow!), and people who view politics as a team sport will nod along no matter how dumb the explanation because actual reason doesn't play into it.

How bout this for a reason. If he hadn't sent the PRIVATE letter to Congress that Chattefz UNETHICALLY leaked, Guiliani stooges in New York like NYPD cheif would have held a PARTISAN press conference announcing the emails. And that announcement would have implied bullshit like the emails were pedo related.
Source on the nypd cheif press conference?

Lemonz

bb7db770-e487-4019-a597-8331810b41ad.png

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

I always believed they basically forced his hand to do it like you said. Either he leaked it or they would imply he had tried to cover it up. Either way he was screwed

Hitman

And again, it doesn't matter man. They will buy it regardless. Grab her by the pussy, np. I can shoot someone in the streets, np. His supporters aren't getting turned.

Some of his supporters do turn. The chances of his impeachment go up if more supporters turn. They are less likely to turn if Trump has convenient talking points to latch onto that make somewhat sense. The more bullshit the talking point, the more reasons there are to turn. Liberals and their irrational hate for Comey has set us back.

Right-wingers literally believe that Obama spent more time golfing than Trump in the same amount of time.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Some of his supporters do turn. The chances of his impeachment go up if more supporters turn. They are less likely to turn if Trump has convenient talking points to latch onto that make somewhat sense. The more bullshit the talking point, the more reasons there are to turn. Liberals and their irrational hate for Comey has set us back.

If his supporters do not turn on him after firing the FBI Director because they can somehow blame it on Democrats they likely never will.

Also, why did Comey not reveal that the Trump campaign had its own investigation?

BigDes

Should we give credence to every crackpot pile of bullcrap that Trump supporters believe? Should we be angry at the Democrats for ordering pizza from a pizza place because Trump supporters somehow twisted this into pedophilia?

pigeon

Banned

So they're agreeing that Hillary was treated unfairly and should have won the election?

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
True. But because of Liberals and their irrational hate on Comey, he and his supporters now have a convenient and semi-credible talking point to defend this firing. Now MSM needs to atleast TOUCH on that reason and the nation will be more divided on the reasoning than they should be.

There is nothing credible about it.

Why do you keep pushing it as if it is?

I hate Comey for what he has done in the election.

I have no sympathy for Comey losing his job,

But, Trump is still wrong for the reasons why he fired Comey

Hitman

Source on the nypd cheif press conference?

See here:
NYPD detectives and a NYPD Chief, the department’s highest rank under Commissioner, said openly that if the FBI and Justice Department fail to garner timely indictments against Clinton and co- conspirators, NYPD will go public with the damaging emails now in the hands of FBI Director James Comey and many FBI field offices.
“What’s in the emails is staggering and as a father, it turned my stomach,” the NYPD Chief said. “There is not going to be any Houdini-like escape from what we found. We have copies of everything. We will ship them to Wikileaks or I will personally hold my own press conference if it comes to that.”
The NYPD Chief said once Comey saw the alarming contents of the emails he was forced to reopen a criminal probe against Clinton.
“People are going to prison,” he said.

Do you think the NYPD Cheif and Guiliani stooge who lied about the "staggering" emails they found on Weiner's computer would have held a NON-PARTISAN and FAIR public press conference regarding HRC's emails? Or would it have been better for Comey to write a CONFIDENTIAL letter to Congress that was never supposed to be leaked publically regarding the emails?

But sure Liberals, don't look at the context. Hate on Comey for no reasons. Attack the patiot. Attack the only man who has the resources to stop Trump.

Rubenov

I call BS. He was a registered Republican, before unregistering (more opportunities to go up the ladder this way). His conference press back in the Summer of '16 was partisan, said shit the FBI Director wasn't supposed to say.

His "but her emails" letter to Congress two weeks before the election was pure fucking bullshit. Not even the dumbest person would've thought it would not influence the election.

I still think it's a good thing he's gone, but also believe Trump fired him because he wouldn't kiss the ring. He wanted to maintain some freedom of maneuver. But he did mess up Hillary good.

Hitman

I hate Comey for what he has done in the election.

I have no sympathy for Comey losing his job,

But, Trump is still wrong for the reasons why he fired Comey

Trump is wrong for firing Comey, yes. Your hate for Comey is unwarranted. And it helped make the decision to fire Comey easier for Trump.

Hitman

Right-wingers literally believe that Obama spent more time golfing than Trump in the same amount of time.

If his supporters do not turn on him after firing the FBI Director because they can somehow blame it on Democrats they likely never will.

Also, why did Comey not reveal that the Trump campaign had its own investigation?

Most of his supporters won't turn and haven't. Some will, if the argument is strong enough against Trump. Liberals wanting Comey fired as well lessens the effectiveness of the argument against Trump firing Comey.

See here:

Do you think the NYPD Cheif and Guiliani stooge who lied about the "staggering" emails they found on Weiner's computer would have held a NON-PARTISAN and FAIR public press conference regarding HRC's emails? Or would it have been better for Comey to write a CONFIDENTIAL letter to Congress that was never supposed to be leaked publically regarding the emails?

But sure Liberals, don't look at the context. Hate on Comey for no reasons. Attack the patiot. Attack the only man who has the resources to stop Trump.

Fascinating. Can I get a link?

BigDes

Damn liberals, why didn't you use your liberal superpowers to look into the future and realize that Trump would fire Comey at random after the election.

royalan

I always believed they basically forced his hand to do it like you said. Either he leaked it or they would imply he had tried to cover it up. Either way he was screwed

But, yo, like...Comey is now out of a job. This reason was always ridiculous, but it is incredibly so now.

Comey was so concerned with how it would look if he was seen as covering up Hillary EMAILS!!!!111one that he didn't spare a single thought for what it would look like if he was discovered...covering up for the fact that our President is quite possibly a traitor. One seems to be a much bigger deal than the other, right?

Comey was fucked from the moment he broke decades of standing DoJ protocol and opened his big mouth about the email investigation last Spring. He tried to look like a maverick and ended up walking himself off a cliff. The poor dumbass.

Hitman

I call BS. He was a registered Republican, before unregistering (more opportunities to go up the ladder this way). His conference press back in the Summer of '16 was partisan, said shit the FBI Director wasn't supposed to say.

His "but her emails" letter to Congress two weeks before the election was pure fucking bullshit. Not even the dumbest person would've thought it would not influence the election.

I still think it's a good thing he's gone, but also believe Trump fired him because he wouldn't kiss the ring. He wanted to maintain some freedom of maneuver. But he did mess up Hillary good.

Being a registered Republican has ZERO bearing on whether his ACTIONS as FBI Cheif were partisan or not. Every single person in the world will have a political idealogy. In his role at the FBI he was NOT partisan, which is why he would NOT kiss Trump's ring, which is why he would NOT prosecute HRC.

The letter he wrote was CONFIDENTIAL. And it was illegally leaked by Chaffetz. The alternative to writing the letter was a public and partisan press conference run by the NYPD cheif who publically characterized the emails found on Weiner's laptop as "staggerimg" and "stomach churning" to which Russian Fake news propaganda blogs would have pushed as PEDO related.

So ask yourself if in the light of that if Comey's letter wasn't the right way to go about it.

Most of his supporters won't turn and haven't. Some will, if the argument is strong enough against Trump. Liberals wanting Comey fired as well lessens the effectiveness of the argument against Trump firing Comey.

Of all the shit, if they aren't convinced and weren't convinced during the election I'm not sure what to say. Much less the shit that has happened prior to Comey being fired. Jobs, heathcare, wall, soon to be taxes, shit will go on forever. They still don't give a shit, and wont.

I'm not sure why this would do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom