• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why in the ever living fuck does the president have power over who is the FBI head anyway? It's probably the dumbest, most conflicting authority they have.

CNN: Comey is in California, was informed by staff of firing

blade-runner-2049-trailer1-700x297.jpg

kadotsu

Banned
Americans shouldn't need the people to do justice for them. If the FBI leaks everything they have in retaliation and there is absolute proof of Trump being a criminal Americans have the moral imperative to violently rise against Trump.

This is dumb fanfiction. Vote, give the opposition tools for oversight and watch the impeachment.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
And now the "He'll never win" brigade can move on from their followups, "This will be be a fair and impartial investigation", and "Trumpcare will never pass" to...

"Comey is going to spill the whole story any day now!"

Kyrios

*Trump in a high pitch voice*: "HIYA FELLAS, I AM YOUR NEW FBI DIRECTOR, STEVE...TACOBELLE. WE ARE HEREBY CANCELLING THE INVESTIGATION ON M--I MEAN-PRESIDENT TRUMP. THAT WILL BE ALL!"

3330_2a_1.jpg

People working for Comey love him. If Trump thought the leaks before were bad...

You're absolutely right.

The problem is that none of it matters when the levers of power that could realistically and properly do something about it have proven that they are unwilling to engage the matter seriously.

Jetman

Boggles the mind that Trump would actually admit he didnt win the election fairly. Thats like the only thing he talks about is the electon win.

Exactly. I mean this is basically what he's admitting by firing Comey, right? I mean is there some other reason besides the election influencing Hillary/email announcement that was made for him to fire Comey?

There's no fucking way he can fire Comey for the Russian investigation, right?

daveo42

Banned
Politico comments on Marketplace this evening gives hope indepent investigation in Trump's Russian ties will move forward.

Moofers

You people focusing on Comey getting his comeuppance are really fucking shortsighted.

Yeah, this 1000%.

I don't know how anyone reads this and doesn't get a sinking feeling in the pit of their stomach. I'm not certain the US is going to survive this administration, folks. I fear we are headed for a dictatorship and we're mostly too fucking stupid to see it happening until its too late. Even then, there are apparently tons of idiots in red hats who will cheer the new regime and insist its the America we needed.

I feel sick.

Mrbob

*Trump in a high pitch voice*: "HIYA FELLAS, I AM YOUR NEW FBI DIRECTOR, STEVE...TACOBELLE. WE ARE HEREBY CANCELLING THE INVESTIGATION ON M--I MEAN-PRESIDENT TRUMP. THAT WILL BE ALL!"

3330_2a_1.jpg
Steve might be the only one who wants this job.

And now the "He'll never win" brigade can move on from their followups, "This will be be a fair and impartial investigation", and "Trumpcare will never pass" to...

"Comey is going to spill the whole story any day now!"

Trumpcare hasn't passed. The fuck are you talking about lmao.

Can you defeatist dummies think for one second? Right now y'all are indistinguishable from run-of-the-mill Telfon-Don supporters.

Why are people running down the Sessions letter?

Deride the fact that there is obvious corruption at the heart of this all you like, but the Sessions letter is literally what would have been written by a liberal, Hillary-appointed Attorney General had she chosen to replace Comey. That we know the actual motives are impure does not change the fact that it's about as objective and good a rationale for firing Comey as one could write.

Oh boy I can't wait for the democrats to make a come bapfffhahahahaha

It's not defeatist, it's realist. It's a culture that's been cultivated in the US for years and no one (including dems) did anything back then since it was in their favour, despite a lot of people blaring alarms at how so many systems in the US are ripe for corruption and fascist takeovers.
A realist would see the signs on the wall and historical trends and realize, at minimum, the Democrats are taking the house next year.

louiedog

Why in the ever living fuck does the president have power over who is the FBI head anyway? It's probably the dumbest, most conflicting authority they have.

No one thought it was a big enough deal to change it because America isn't supposed to elect tyrants, but apparently it's more important for racists to feel good about themselves than have a functioning country.

Why are people running down the Sessions letter?

Deride the fact that there is obvious corruption at the heart of this all you like, but the Sessions letter is literally what would have been written by a liberal, Hillary-appointed Attorney General had she chosen to replace Comey. That we know the actual motives are impure does not change the fact that it's about as objective and good a rationale for firing Comey as one could write.

Agreed 100%

It's a smart play.

Izuna

Banned
Wow. This is huge. I wonder why? Comey getting close to the truth? Now Trump will hire a 100% Trump supporter who will not look into anything Trump/Russia.

Feels like Trump/GOP is purging all the good people out and replacing them with Trump supporters. Ugh.

The FBI will look into it, and then clear his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom