• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

Wow. This is huge. I wonder why? Comey getting close to the truth? Now Trump will hire a 100% Trump supporter who will not look into anything Trump/Russia.

Feels like Trump/GOP is purging all the good people out and replacing them with Trump supporters. Ugh.

N7.Angel

KauxAkDyemtk4.gif

They universally thought she was guilty. That would take her out of the race whether he said anything bad about her or not. They're saying the way he handled things compromised the investigation.

The Weiner email part is true, I agree there. Although it's overwhelmingly weighted towards "She should be guilty, and you fucked it up"
Explain their love for him during the transition. Makes no sense to cite the Clinton investigation in this.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
So is this pretty much the end of the Russia investigation, then?

Isn't there enough bureaucratic inertia at the FBI to keep this going, even if there's a Trump toady as director?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
This is where things go when you have Putin as a mentor. How long until uncomfortable people will suddenly start dying, I wonder?

I watched my countries democracy get shot in the chest twice on November 8th

I watched my countries democracy get a bullet in it's head when I walked in from work this afternoon.

Seriously, all sane and reasonable Americans NEED to take this as a HUGE warning sign, regardless of who you voted for. This is not about dumb partisan politics, the very foundations of your country are at stake. Yates and now Comey, both well respected figure who were involved in the Russia investigation being dismissed after attempting to increase transparency to the public about the role of Russia in your last election cycle?

This is frightening to watch honestly, Trump and his administration are just unhinged. This is a dumb political move that can only be made by people who are panicking and cannot see the consequences of what they are attempting to do.

7Th

Repubs in congress will do nothing. Say hello to Dictator Trump America.

Americans shouldn't need the government to do justice for them. If the FBI leaks everything they have in retaliation and there is absolute proof of Trump being a criminal, Americans have the moral imperative to violently rise against their government.

Pickman

You're all ignoring the fact that Watergate was a Democratic congress with a Republican president.

Ain't gonna be a goddamned thing coming from this.

If Comey has balls, he should hold a press conference and say he's being fired for Russia investigation, and recommend Congress appoint special prosecutor.

MrHoot

There's a damn election next year. Quit with this defeatist rhetoric.

Oh boy I can't wait for the democrats to make a come bapfffhahahahaha

It's not defeatist, it's realist. It's a culture that's been cultivated in the US for years and no one (including dems) did anything back then since it was in their favour, despite a lot of people blaring alarms at how so many systems in the US are ripe for corruption and fascist takeovers.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Explain their love for him during the transition. Makes no sense to cite the Clinton investigation in this.

Because there's two scenarios they like. One where he shit talks her, and they win. And the other is that he says nothing, and she is in jail.

It's scummy, I'm not saying the Republicans are right about anything. I'm just reading it differently. In my opinion they're lying about the reason they're firing him. Just in a different way than what seems to be the general consensus in this thread.

Look how they managed to mention Obama.

Haha yeah, it's fox after all.

Maxim726X

The only thing he did was guarantee an independent investigator...shit will keep leaking...its only time because he wouldn't have done this if shit wasn't on the up and up.

Hahaha... You think the Republicans are gonna initiate an independent investigation??

You clearly haven't been paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom