• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unison

Clapper is on MSNBC now once again explaining that he knows nothing about collusion and that in no way means there is no collusion nor evidence of collusion.

Edit -- He's also confirming that Comey was uneasy about going to the WH dinner with Trump and that the WH requested the dinner.

Tovarisc

THIS CAN'T BE POSSIBLE! Isn't this honestly illegal?

Then you will love this development from this morning: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1372980

Clapper is on MSNBC now once again explaining that he knows nothing about collusion and that in no way means there is no collusion nor evidence of collusion.

There was no evidence at THAT TIME (read: <= January 20th) that rose to level where they felt confident in reporting it. Doesn't mean there wasn't or isn't evidence.

Edit: Unison, my bad. I can't read.

Tovarisc

Clapper about Flynn; Didn't work out for reasons that I won't go into here. We let him stay on for 3 years, which is minimum at his level, so he could retire with level of his rank.

Paraphrased. This during Obama administration before they canned Flynn.

I'm sure Trump, a master of real estate, staged the place in such a fashion that any buyer would happily pay twice its appraised value at the nadir of the housing market. All it takes is a couple of well placed vases and a rug to sell the place.
sangreal linked to this above:
”I'd been in the house before, at one of Gosman's charity parties, and Trump had hardly changed anything, just put on a couple of coats of paint," Lambiet said. ”Even that &#8212; well, he told us the fixtures in one of the bathrooms were gold, but as he walked away, I scratched a faucet with my fingernails and it was just gold-covered paint."

Lambiet has visited many homes of wealthy owners with more money than taste, but he considered the Maison de l'Amitie in a class by itself. ”It was just terrible-looking, really gaudy," he said. ”Nothing fit together &#8212; it was sort of haphazard inside.

”There was a room with a floor made of cobblestones, and in the corner was a real wood oven for pizzas. It looked like an old Italian pizza place. Who does that in their house? ... I thought, he's never gonna sell this. And he didn't, the house stayed on the market for a couple of years.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/article135187364.html#storylink=cpy

Fatalah

What is even happening at this point? I keep thinking to myself that if I ever saw a political television series with the same events such as those in real-life American politics, I would probably believe it to be too far-fetched and unrealistic. Simply the number of absolutely improbable events happening recently is astounding:
  • A non-politician becoming president depite numerous normally career ending gaffes
  • A foreign power messing with US elections
  • The non-politician may well be a foreign agent and the previous government did basically nothing to stop him from becoming president despite potentially knowing this fact
  • New president uses twitter to set daily news agenda
  • New president alleges that millions voted illegally (offering no proof) - no repercussions
  • New president alleges that ex-president 'wiretapped' him (offering no proof) - no repercussions
  • New president fires the director of the FBI for ever-changing official reasons and is now threatening him through twitter
Trump's ridiculous comb over only adds to the surrealism of everything that surrounds him.

This is why Scandal is ending next season. They can't compete!

RDreamer

Oh my god Fox, holy shit:

X9O0PDo.jpg

wT8NuVE.jpg

Cagey

Banned
Oh my god Fox, holy shit:
Until and unless there's audio or video tape of people directly, clearly, and plainly agreeing to do illegal shit, this counter narrative of wild deranged lefties on a conspiratorial witch-hunt because of pained anuses from the electoral college will remain effective on 35% (minimum) of the country.

Until and unless there's audio or video tape of people directly, clearly, and plainly agreeing to do illegal shit, this counter narrative of wild deranged lefties on a conspiratorial witch-hunt because of pained anuses from the electoral college will remain effective on 35% (minimum) of the country.

Another cop shooting another black kid in the face is still acceptable to them, so w/e.

My father, rest his soul, made excuses for Nixon (they all do it, only Nixon got caught).

[And he may have been right, from what I've read about Hoover pre-Nixon.]

It'll be conspiracy until there's proof, then it will either be cast as distortion or "what's wrong with that?"

This is getting so good. the drama. ahhh. i cant take it.

Trump demands loyalty and comey dodges, in nov meeting.

As they ate, the president and Mr. Comey made small talk about the election and the crowd sizes at Mr. Drumpf’s rallies. The president then turned the conversation to whether Mr. Comey would pledge his loyalty to him.

Mr. Comey declined to make that pledge. Instead, Mr. Comey has recounted to others, he told Mr. Drumpf that he would always be honest with him, but that he was not “reliable” in the conventional political sense.

This is getting so good. the drama. ahhh. i cant take it.

Trump demands loyalty and comey dodges, in nov meeting.
Comey is fucking Eddard Stark.

Like, I can't help but see it as this, because that sounds straight out of GoT in terms of Dumbassery meant to show Lawful Good(Stupid) nature. Like, he's right to do so, but it's not like Trump was this unknown person.

Just like, Fuck man, how on earth has it reached this point?

Like, I can't help but see it as this, because that sounds straight out of GoT in terms of Dumbassery meant to show Lawful Good(Stupid) nature. Like, he's right to do so, but it's not like Trump was this unknown person.

We went over this:

Eddard = Hillary
Varys = Comey
Joffrey = Trump
Littlefinger = Putin
McConnell = Janos Slynt
Renly = Bernie
Margery = Jared Kushner
Cersei = Bannon
Maester Pycelle = Paul Ryan
Robert Baratheon = Obama and/or Bill Clinton
Mance Rayder = Justin Trudeau
Dany = Angela Merkel

sangreal

We went over this:

Eddard = Hillary
Varys = Comey
Joffrey = Trump
Littlefinger = Putin
McConnell = Janos Slynt
Renly = Bernie
Margery = Jared Kushner
Cersei = Bannon
Dany = Angela Merkel

Finding this very hard to argue with

LifEndz

We went over this:

Eddard = Hillary
Varys = Comey
Joffrey = Trump
Littlefinger = Putin
McConnell = Janos Slynt
Renly = Bernie
Margery = Jared Kushner
Cersei = Bannon
Dany = Angela Merkel

Wanted to take issue with Hilary as Eddard, but the more I think about it the more it fits. Who's Jon Snow?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Wanted to take issue with Hilary as Eddard, but the more I think about it the more it fits. Who's Jon Snow?
Jon would probably fit Obama better than Robert. Robert is way too inept a leader to fit either Obama or Bill Clinton.

cackhyena

That's not even the best part of Fox, this is what Hannity was pushing last night

c_mgwzcuiaaepf638awe.jpg

Bow Tie was apparently pushing the same thing. They're desperate to get the talk off of Russia and Comey.

Also, please note the source in the Hannity image.

I hate no other person in the news more than I hate Hannity. Please fuck off into obscurity, preferably from scandal.

We went over this:

Eddard = Hillary
Varys = Comey
Joffrey = Trump
Littlefinger = Putin
McConnell = Janos Slynt
Renly = Bernie
Margery = Jared Kushner
Cersei = Bannon
Dany = Angela Merkel

If Bannon is Cersei, who's Tywin Lannister?

Laieon

GoT has the best ratings.

kirblar

We went over this:

Eddard = Hillary
Varys = Comey
Joffrey = Trump
Littlefinger = Putin
McConnell = Janos Slynt
Renly = Bernie
Margery = Jared Kushner
Cersei = Bannon
Dany = Angela Merkel
Bernie is the High Sparrow. Old white balding Messiah figure with a legion of angry young male followers?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So wait... Manbaby is now threatening Comey with the release of some tapes and Comey says "Please proceed, governor."

This would be the most entertaining show ever if it wasn't the crumbling of our democracy.

Bernie is the High Sparrow. Old white balding Messiah figure with a legion of angry young male followers?

No, Renly fits Bernie better. Renly was the guy with charisma behind him, but didn't quite have the numbers.

Remember, Renly was copper.

Jon would probably fit Obama better than Robert. Robert is way too inept a leader to fit either Obama or Bill Clinton.

robert fits Obama very well because both were decent leaders, but amazing campaigners.

Remember, Robert was Steel.

gutshot

I don't even think audio or video would change these people's minds. Cognitive dissonance is a hell of a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom