• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even think audio or video would change these people's minds. Cognitive dissonance is a hell of a thing.

I mean we've already had audio of Trump basically admitting to sexual assault/harassment of women and none of seemed to give a fuck, even going to extreme lengths to defend him and discredit the tapes. So I'm sure it would be a repeat of that, even if we had a clear video of trump looking into a camera and admitting everything was true they would just say it was Obama and the Deep State's fault and that it was taken out of context.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Spicer must be hiding in the bushes still.
XEVTINp.jpg

I don't even think audio or video would change these people's minds. Cognitive dissonance is a hell of a thing.
When my brother and I showed my dad the inauguration comparison picture, his response was that it was probably Photoshopped and you can't just trust everything you read/see on the internet

So yeah, confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance are quite the drugs

We went over this:

Eddard = Hillary
Varys = Comey
Joffrey = Trump
Littlefinger = Putin
McConnell = Janos Slynt
Renly = Bernie
Margery = Jared Kushner
Cersei = Bannon
Maester Pycelle = Paul Ryan
Robert Baratheon = Obama and/or Bill Clinton
Mance Rayder = Justin Trudeau
Dany = Angela Merkel
I'd Argue Hillary is Stannis, IE the rightful King who got fucked over by the illegitimate King, but otherwise I agree.

Will you pledge your loyalty?
No, but I will give you honesty

Is a classic movie scene waiting to be put onscreen. That's the kind of moment that only happens in political thrillers

That would be the moment the music quietens down, Trump's actor shifts uncomfortably, and then WHAM, news segment of Comey being fired.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
ZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzz

nobody cares about Manbaby's trip out of the country unless he plans on not returning.

@KenDilanianNBC
A source close to Comey told me this morning: “He hopes there are tapes. That would be perfect.”

Man I wish thread titles could be longer. "He hopes there are tapes. That would be perfect" is the perfect addendum to the "Trump Fires Comey"

LiK

@KenDilanianNBC
A source close to Comey told me this morning: “He hopes there are tapes. That would be perfect.”

Man I wish thread titles could be longer. "He hopes there are tapes. That would be perfect" is the perfect addendum to the "Trump Fires Comey"

lol, amazing

Trump is the type of narcissistic and potentially senile moron that would misremember the conversations, morph it into what he wanted to hear and expose the existence of tapes that actually are horribly incriminating.

We went over this:

Eddard = Hillary
Varys = Comey
Joffrey = Trump
Littlefinger = Putin
McConnell = Janos Slynt
Renly = Bernie
Margery = Jared Kushner
Cersei = Bannon
Dany = Angela Merkel

Potential GoT spoilers:

If Bernie is Renly, that pretty much makes Hillary a lock for Stannis, which would make Trump Ramsay.

LifEndz

White House so badly wants to pretend the President isn't a crazy person that just threatened the former director of the FBI and implied he's secretly recording people that meet with him.

Will you pledge your loyalty?
No, but I will give you honesty

Is a classic movie scene waiting to be put onscreen. That's the kind of moment that only happens in political thrillers

Seriously. If the world survives this administration, I cannot wait to see the movie based on this shitshow.

Who would play Comey? I'm imagining Hans Zimmer scoring this scene for maximum epicness.

We went over this:

Eddard = Hillary
Varys = Comey
Joffrey = Trump
Littlefinger = Putin
McConnell = Janos Slynt
Renly = Bernie
Margery = Jared Kushner
Cersei = Bannon
Dany = Angela Merkel
And Global Warming is the White Walkers.

Winter isn't coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom