• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is crazy, paranoid & deluded.
And he also has things he has been hiding for decades that would/should disqualify him for president just as they disqualified him from polite society in New York. Hiding them is a reflex action for him even as his mind goes to pieces.

Davide

Claude Taylor: "@LouiseMensch and I are reporting that a sealed indictment has been issued against Trump by FISA court to serve as the basis of Impeachment."

They both have separate sources apparently.

Either bs or the megaton of megatons.

RPGCrazied

Claude Taylor: "@LouiseMensch and I are reporting that a sealed indictment has been issued against Trump by FISA court to serve as the basis of Impeachment."

I'm sure Democrats have one already drafted, but won't do shit without Republican votes.

Why are we still entertaining this stuff?

Sagroth

How reliable are either of those individuals?

surejan.gif

Not even going to entertain this.

androvsky

Is Claude Taylor at least not fruit loops?

Not entirely sure how that's supposed to work anyway, impeachment is entirely at the whim of the House afaik. Either they mean could serve as the basis, or the source includes someone in Congress ready to introduce a bill. Or the fan fiction got ahead of the wiki.

Do FISA courts even do indictments directly? Thought they just handled surveillance requests

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Maybe? Who knows with those two, they have published some accurate stuff, but they've also been wrong on some stuff before.

Yeah, unlike actual News Media, their sources are probably not vetted, which would explain why they sometimes know stuff, and (probably most of the time) get it wrong.

Is Claude Taylor at least not fruit loops?

Not entirely sure how that's supposed to work anyway, impeachment is entirely at the whim of the House afaik. Either they mean could serve as the basis, or the source includes someone in Congress ready to introduce a bill. Or the fan fiction got ahead of the wiki.

Do FISA courts even do indictments directly? Thought they just handled surveillance requests

No, FISA courts do not.
But if it's something so damn damaging, they congress may not have a choice.
Especially if continued delay (considering evidence) may result in damage to the United States.

Edit: By they I mean Congress. Just realized that could be read another way.

cameron

BS as always. It's a safe unverifiable claim that any nutjob can make. If Trump doesn't get formally charged/impeached, she can just say the sealed indictment exists but wasn't used for whatever reason. If Trump gets charged/impeached, she can say "see, I told you so."

Davide

How reliable are either of those individuals?

Mensch has had a few claims the last few days that haven't panned out at least as of now. Taylor knew about the grand jury subpoenas a week early and tweeted about the Thursday FBI search warrant before it appeared on local news.

Don't mean to say either are reliable or unreliable though.

Cagey

Banned

Mulder and Scully >>>>>

Boke1879

Yea. Yall gotta stop posting those two and dropping that stuff in these threads.

It's cool if you want to entertain it, but unless it's reported by a reputable news source. You're entertaining conspiracy theories for the time being.

And I thought things were about to get real.

We haven't really heard anything about this whole case since, even before Sally Yates hearing, the last major thing we heard was when Comey testified that there was indeed an investigation.

We've had zero details about any of the investigation outside of small leaks. Nothing official yet outside of "there is an investigation".

And this is the amount of shit that's come out of it.

Just wait for when things start getting laid bare if you think it's bad now, over "I can confirm there is an investigation" just wait for when juicy details are revealed.

FBI been working on this for months and months, they ain't playing solitaire son.

O_Atoll

We haven't really heard anything about this whole case since, even before Sally Yates hearing, the last major thing we heard was when Comey testified that there was indeed an investigation.

We've had zero details about any of the investigation outside of small leaks. Nothing official yet outside of "there is an investigation".

And this is the amount of shit that's come out of it.

Just wait for when things start getting laid bare if you think it's bad now, over "I can confirm there is an investigation" just wait for when juicy details are revealed.

FBI been working on this for months and months, they ain't playing solitaire son.
I hope so. I hope in the end, the bad guys don't win.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I agree both of these are sources are unreliable, but we're not exactly in normal territory here.

At this point anything is possible with all the craziness that's happened last few days.

If you would have told me that Trump was going to fire Comey, Lie about the reasons, threaten the fbi director with existence of a tape, and Subpoenas being handed out to the former NS advisor I would have said you're fucking nuts lol

This is crazy town!

Speevy

Banned
There was a secret meeting in an underground bunker beneath a magical city of lights that has foretold of a plot to destroy the galactic emperor tyrant known is Trump. Before the meeting could conclude, the Trump used his powers to entomb the inhabitants of that fabled land and seal the plans forever. However, there is one who knows where the plans are buried. He is as likely to exist as Trump's indictment.

Wallach

I agree both of these are sources are unreliable, but we're not exactly in normal territory here.

At this point anything is possible with all the craziness that's happened last few days.

If you would have told me that Trump was going to fire Comey, Lie about the reasons, threaten the fbi director with existence of a tape, and Subpoenas being handed out to the former NS advisor I would have said you're fucking nuts lol

This is crazy town!

It's crazy town and your job is to not move within city limits.

jstripes

Banned

Nothing like that is going to happen for several months. There will be a few more organizations you've never heard of raided by the FBI, a quiet period, then a flurry of arrests in the middle of the night before anything like that happen.

Syder

Definitely bullshit.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
There was a secret meeting in an underground bunker beneath a magical city of lights that has foretold of a plot to destroy the galactic emperor tyrant known is Trump. Before the meeting could conclude, the Trump used his powers to entomb the inhabitants of that fabled land and seal the plans forever. However, there is one who knows where the plans are buried. He is as likely to exist as Trump's indictment.
How reliable is this? Speevy has been right before.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
This sounds like total BS. Schindler, Mensch and Taylor are tossing shit out there non-stop and touting the few times they are right as reason to trust them.

You toss enough BS and you'll be right at least a few times.

KingV

Looks like trump might dump Spicey for Kimberly Guilfoyle. I knew if he was going to pick a woman it would be an attractive one.

Huckster Sanders could have convinced tge press that Obama colluded with sputum and she wouldn't get the job. Trump is too shallow to let an overweight woman be the face of his newsroom.

I did a search on the dude and got this:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/...any-are-not-reputable-sources-on-Trump-Russia

Yikes, but I don't know the Kos either.

Is there anything in that article that has actually been disproven aside from the Chaffetz resignation stuff? Seems like most of it is still unknown. Even the linked Snopes article just says the claim is unproven.

I agree that anything coming out of the "IC insider" circle on Twitter should be viewed with a very healthy degree of skepticism, but it seems like there's a chance that Claude Taylor at least is not completely full of BS. I mean, what are the odds of randomly guessing the Virginia grand jury weeks before it was reported in the press? (And yes, I'm aware that being correct about something in the past doesn't make any guarantees about any ludicrous claims in the future.)

Looks like trump might dump Spicey for Kimberly Guilfoyle. I knew if he was going to pick a woman it would be an attractive one.

Huckster Sanders could have convinced tge press that Obama colluded with sputum and she wouldn't get the job. Trump is too shallow to let an overweight woman be the face of his newsroom.

Does Fox hire unattractive women?

Is there anything in that article that has actually been disproven aside from the Chaffetz resignation stuff? Seems like most of it is still unknown. Even the linked Snopes article just says the claim is unproven.

I agree that anything coming out of the "IC insider" circle on Twitter should be viewed with a very healthy degree of skepticism, but it seems like there's a chance that Claude Taylor at least is not completely full of BS. I mean, what are the odds of randomly guessing the Virginia grand jury weeks before it was reported in the press? (And yes, I'm aware that being correct about something in the past doesn't make any guarantees about any ludicrous claims in the future.)

The Chaffetz resignation still has a chance of bearing out.

Jason Chaffetz Has Been Telling House Republicans He Will Join Fox News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom