• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have to know how bad this looks. It also ends the "positive" media Trump was receiving concerning his healthcare "win" last week as well as the positive economy news. This is pure desperation.

Republican voters are happy about this, they think Comey should be in jail for protecting Hillary Clinton.

louiedog

So we should stick our heads in the sand and pretend everything's hunky-dory rather than facing reality?

On what basis can you decry those posts? Because they make you feel bad?

lol

Get the fuck out if you think "nothing will come of this i'm scaaaaaaaaaared" is somehow helpful and useful and doing anything.

That's it. Keep living in fantasy land. Comey will probably spill the beans and reveal everything tomorrow, right?

Of course he won't, any relevant information is still classified and he has no authority to speak on it. Half the rest of the time will be Republicans rabbling on about "unmasking" bullshit.

But cute story about me living in a fantasy land, while you post from your world where you claim "Trumpcare passed". Talk about ignorant...

Calm down? Do you know how fast this goes? Democracy will be over faster than you think or even say something.

It can be, yes. But I don't know that that will happen, and neither do you. So all the fear-mongering is pointless. Go out and make positive change. Don't sit in here and yell "DICTATOR" or "WE'RE SO FUCKED" over and over (this is a general statement, not pointed at you).

TaterTots

Banned
giphy.gif

Kusagari

And of course "moderate darling" Susan Collins doesn't give a shit either.

I want to bang my head agains the wall at New England continually electing these frauds like Collins and Baker.

Skatterd

Nothing about this goes against that system. The President has had the power to fire the FBI director for literally the entire existence of the position.

You peeps need to calm down with the "dictator" stuff.

Sure, if you take all of the other facts out of this situation I could see how that would make sense.

Osukaa

All of our hard work and sacrifices only to be taken down by an orange ass-clown.... Jeeze I have no idea anymore.... is California still trying to secede lol that's my last hope now -_-.. I don't even understand how we as a country let it get to this point.

I bet there were failsafes put in place for a shit hits the fan situation.

They fire Comey while he is out of town but that doesn't mean he didn't make copies or have some die hard loyalists working with him in the Russia investigation at the FBI.

The Republicans can and will stonewall the investigations as much as they legally can. At the end of the day it is going to take some leaks and uproar to shake things up.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
At this point, supporting Trump should be a bannable offense.

Arnie

I mean, Putin did well, so I kind of understand why Donald Trump would try to behave like him.

But I don't think it'll last for very long in a country with free press.

Either way he's certainly giving it a go.

Tovarisc

Sheldon Whitehouse: “Firing the head of the FBI raises massive questions, and the Senate should get to the bottom of it.”
C_ay3JqW0AAje1d.jpg

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/862073057992728576

Rep Swalwell, Dem on House Intel: This is not what an innocent person would do; … an abuse of power, and shows a consciousness of guilt."
C_azSTEWsAAgBZR.jpg

https://twitter.com/timkmak/status/862073512529457152

e72BzzM.png

https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/862074351381872641

------

More or less Dems coming against this and demanding actions, but Republicans are MIA

Maxim726X

Yeah.

We should all just kill ourselves, everything is fucked anyway right?

Or, you should grow up and accept that we don't have to act like everything is okay when it's clearly fucking not.

There is a very real chance that this investigation is completely dead, and Trump will get away with everything.

I bet there were failsafes put in place for a shit hits the fan situation.

They fire Comey while he is out of town but that doesn't mean he didn't make copies or have some die hard loyalists working with him in the Russia investigation at the FBI.

The Republicans can and will stonewall the investigations as much as they legally can. At the end of the day it is going to take some leaks and uproar to shake things up.

Maybe he has copies of some of those documents stored in his e-mail server. Check the spam folder.

What in the fuck. Refuse to pay your ducking taxes. Get out on the street and smash a fucking Starbucks window already.

This is insane, you're all sat there thumbing your bum holes.

Write your congress and senator to force a shut down ffs.

He's going to take you to war soon.

If Durbin is right and they close the investigation, that would be a colossal mistake. Their calculus is that not enough people care about Russia. Their calculus is completely wrong (look @ polls) and closing the investigation would be tantamount to a confession. They would essentially be calling for a special prosecutor in thatcase
They don't have to abruptly close the investigation. Just bog it down and sabotage it from within.

BiggNife

lol

Get the fuck out if you think "nothing will come of this i'm scaaaaaaaaaared" is somehow helpful and useful and doing anything.
Yeah this is the part that gets me

None of these posts accomplish anything except inciting panic

They add nothing to the discussion

Sure, if you take all of the other facts out of this situation I could see how that would make sense.

The context of it is bad, and it could lead to terrible things. There's no denying that. And Trump is obviously guilty and is trying to cover it up. But claiming the act itself of firing Comey is the act of a dictator is objectively false considering every president prior to Trump has had that same ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom