• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
Someone needs to find something on the WH website of them praising Comey

Fake edit: Found this:

RacJYr5.png

Press Briefing by Press Secretary Sean Spicer, 5/3/2017

RCSI

It's almost like these sorts of things take a really long time!

Watergate took years.

Watergate investigation lasted through a presidential election. The worst thing, aside from the possibility of the investigation halting, is the for the information found so far to remain hidden from the public.

louiedog

Is there a script to automatically block every idiot who pops into these threads and posts a genuine "nothing will happen" so I can stop seeing their useless bullshit over and over?

So yall are legitimately gonna wait till late 2018 or till another country decides to save you.

Rough em stuff em robots. This obviously stinks.

Also, all of you need to press your senator and Congress and push back against this. It's only hopeless if you let it be.

Shhh, the "nothing-will-come-from-this" crowd don't like facts, they just like rolling around in defeatism like pigs in shit.

I would ask that crowd what they are personally doing to combat this, how they're getting involved, but I think we all know the answer to that.
So show me the light at the end of this tunnel. Lay it out.

And what exactly should I be doing?

Yeah this shit has me really worried, because it seems like all the pieces are in place for Trump to get away with this:

- unlike with watergate, the GOP controls all branches of the government
- GOP senators and congressmen are politically motivated to sweep this under the rug
- an overrepresented 35% of the population will back Trump even though this is blatantly nixonian
- Whoever Trump appoints next will be able to undo the FBI's investigation.

Like I am thinking through it and literally the only way that Trump could go down for this is if all of the following happen:

1) More leaks continue from the IC
2) IC hands literally everything over to The IC of NATO nations as a backup
3) IC continues the investigation but does it entirely covertly
4) IC acquires and leaks the hotel tapes to get everyone who isn't a trump fanatic to know that's trump is guilty
5) IRS starts going rogue and leaks all of Trump's tax returns and other financial records
6) Mattis, Kelly, and McMaster lead a coup de tat on Trump. Grounds of treason

No, it's not just a repeat, or a movie where "the good guys win in the end" on this. Simply put because the democrats haven't stood for anything except "We are not republicans" for years, have no figurehead, no power and no teeth. They hold absolutely no power and barely show the strength to fight back in any meaningful way
We almost won a seat in Kansas last month. Kansas! We'll also be picking up a seat from Georgia soon

The president's party pretty much always goes into midterms with a disadvantage, and stuff like this certainly won't help

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So these assholes are claiming they fired him because of how he handled Hillary's emails?

FUCKING REALLY?

Are they expecting anyone to buy this shit?

Maximo

Shhh, the "nothing-will-come-from-this" crowd don't like facts, they just like rolling around in defeatism like pigs in shit.

I would ask that crowd what they are personally doing to combat this, how they're getting involved, but I think we all know the answer to that.

I mean purely not living in America and simply looking from the outside in it really looks like nothing will come of this...At least not until there is a reelection.

Loxley

I'm prepped for the IC to leak all sorts of shit regarding the Russia probe over the next few months. You can bet Comey had friends there.

Otnopolit

Is there a script to automatically block every idiot who pops into these threads and posts a genuine "nothing will happen" so I can stop seeing their useless bullshit over and over?

I don't know if I'm being irrationally optimistic, or if they're right at this point. All current avenues of investigation into Trump/Russia have ways to subvert the truth. Whatever that may be.

If Durbin is right and they close the investigation, that would be a colossal mistake. Their calculus is that not enough people care about Russia. Their calculus is completely wrong (look @ polls) and closing the investigation would be tantamount to a confession. They would essentially be calling for a special prosecutor in thatcase

hesido

Trump's letter to Comey:

18gduik.jpg

Yep, dude was totally fired because of the Russia probe.

This has GOT to be fake. Right? I feel ashamed that I even have to ask, this can't be real. He would not have mentioned the investigations even if he was a total idiot.

So show me the light at the end of this tunnel. Lay it out.

And what exactly should I be doing?

Start working on getting Democrats elected in 2018 on a local level, a Democratically controlled congress will move quickly toward impeachment and lord knows that party needs as much help as it can get for midterm elections.

Or, y'know, we could all just post "HE WON. HE GOT AWAY WITH IT. NOTHING WILL COME OF THIS. INCREASINGLYNERVOUSMAN.JPG" for the 10,000,000th time.

You can't blame people for being beaten down and cynical. It is annoying, but at this point? I can't blame them. The shit just keeps pouring on.

It changes how we should respond to it, but it doesn't make the "OMG THIS LETTER IS INSANE!!!!" posts any less weird.
Except, they're not weird at all? The exact reason people are saying it's insane is precisely because it's full of lies and not a single word of it's sincere (that and the President firing someone at the behest of an AG who was supposed to recuse himself and this directly interferes with that investigation, causing a huge conflict of interest for Trump to listen to the recommendation of Sessions in regard to anything to do with Comey). Dunno how you're not getting that. People are saying it's insane not because the logic itself is faulty, but because it's a transparent as fuck pile of lies and that Trump will get away with it and the Republicans in the Senate will just sit on their hands and do nothing is the definition of insane and makes the whole thing a complete and total joke.

hitme

Comey was scheduled to testify again this week. If he still on, he'll be more candid to talk about Trump/Russia.

Remember when US had some checks and balances that would not allow for an authoritarian regime to happen?

Nothing about this goes against that system. The President has had the power to fire the FBI director for literally the entire existence of the position.

You peeps need to calm down with the "dictator" stuff.

MrHoot

We almost won a seat in Kansas last month. Kansas! We'll also be picking up a seat from Georgia soon

The president's party pretty much always goes into midterms with a disadvantage, and stuff like this certainly won't help

Well, that's good news, I hope people will be motivated enough to go out and vote these midterms. Cuz really, this is incredibly dangerous power grabbing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom