• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTF

It's fucking bad.

It's fucking terrible.

The FBI was always the only hope for an independent investigation.

Y'all fucked.

...sigh

giphy.gif

Gurrry

Im serious, there will have to blood in the streets before we see any real change in this country and im ready for it to come sooner than later.

I get your sentiment, but I dont ask for blood in the streets. We need an american leader of times long past (the MLK's, the Lincolns, the JFK's, etc) to stand up and use their words to cause change.

Be so loud that change has to come.

zashga

Well, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Thanks for doing your part to put America in the toilet, Comey. I look forward to your replacement somehow being even worse.

Since Pinochet has become a meme after Trump got elected I would like to educate people a bit: Pinochet didn't made a referendum because he loved democracy but because he was losing power after years of riots and social clashes (and expected to win and legimitize himself). People got their right to vote because they protested even if they risked a "trip in helicopter" (basically being tortured, killed and thrown in the sea).

And that's only an example, if you think protests don't help you just don't know history.

A protest gets shit done precisely because is annoying or downright paralizing for a country. Also general strikes help but so far you haven't made a single one.

We have had consistent protests in this country since Trump's election.

I get your sentiment, but I dont ask for blood in the streets. We need an american leader of times long past (the MLK's, the Lincolns, the JFK's, etc) to stand up and use their words to cause change.

Yeah and how did they end up motherfucker. Get out on the streets da fuq!?

Why is everyone so quick to jump to doom and gloom? Even without Claude Taylor's predictions, I thought the consensus was that firing the person investigating you is the quickest way to get impeached.

alternade

Words arent changing shit in this country. Our leaders will not learn until there are consequences for their actions. People are reaching the boiling point

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
There's a reason you get conflicting reports about death counts: conflicting sources.

When you have a primary source that says exactly what the story is and you get the core fact of the story exactly wrong, you've made a willful error.

You wanna fight to make Fox look bad for a 10 second error that was almost assuredly just a miscommunication, you go ahead. Everything else about this is worth mention, and criticism, except that. They're not trying to spin the story.

FTF

What about this could possibly be good?

This is basically Trump admitting he's guilty.

And this is basically Republicans admitting that they've turned over American democracy to a tyrant.

My thought on possibly being good is that there is real evidence that he's guilty and this is him trying to cover it up but that it's too late, etc. I don't know, it's becoming so discouraging over time.

Boke1879

Why is everyone so quick to jump to doom and gloom? Even without Claude Taylor's predictions, I thought the consensus was that firing the person investigating you is the quickest way to get impeached.

When the GOP run congress it's hard to imagine anything will get done.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

who's going to impeach him? the republicans who love that they finally have near complete control of the country?

RoKKeR

Dat timing tho.

https://apnews.com/190c006d277c48f7...n=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump could meet with Vladimir Putin’s top diplomat at the White House on Wednesday, a U.S. official and a person with knowledge of the plans said, describing what would be the highest level, face-to-face contact with Russia of the American leader’s young presidency. It would also signal that the two countries have improved ties that Trump recently described as being at an “all-time low.”

Madness

Why does CNN give these Trump fanboys any airtime. All pathological liars. Pisses me the fuck off. I have long been a proponent of free speech, there is no greater freedom in the US. But I couldn't sit there listening to flat out lies. Wtf were Trump voters thinking. Burn thr country down, but hey at least there won't be that many illegals here.

MLK was hated and violent protests followed him through the years, Abe Lincoln oversaw the biggest and bloodiest conflict on American soil ever

cdyhybrid

It is if the opposition has the requisite numbers in Congress to get that rolling.

We don't, currently.

Izuna

Banned
Who is dying? News is misreported all the time and updated later. If you think all of it is malicious instead of just pure incompetence then that's your choice.

I think all it does is show that Fox may have had some heads up before it broke or simply didn't believe the news initially.

People reacting to it being real, however (for whatever reason) isn't worth contesting. What it means doesn't matter. It's just real. No need to call it fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom