• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCSI

But this is a democracy, checks and balances, President can only have 2 terms, etc., etc., and it's all dressed in the veil of party politics and norms (ie within the President's power to fire FBI director)

We've been told for decades that our Constitution keeps stuff like this from happening here and it has never happened before, so it's easy to just trust the status quo.

The very institutions we place our trust in is staffed by people who think only of themselves and immediate beneficiaries. Two of the branches of government lean heavily toward a group of people who see their own as the only value worth listening too, their representatives be damned (at least for those who don't hold/visit their own town halls). The court systems work to a degree, but this is the last bastion of checking the other two parts of the government mired in money politics. Voter turnout, voter suppression, and other actions took trust out of the very institutions we rely on.

We keep thinking to 2018 and 2020 as one of the last few times to save face, so the question is, what other opportunities are there?

Got

Banned
Im not comparing the blood on the streets comment from the OP to the leaders I mentioned. Im separating these two facts. All I said is that I do not want blood on the streets, mainly because violent protests get you absolutely no where.

All I want is a true leader to stand up for us. We are lacking that right now.

your ridiculously wrong here

33zsmkV.jpg
I did a double take and then burst out laughing. My sides hurt!

Im not comparing the blood on the streets comment from the OP to the leaders I mentioned. Im separating these two facts. All I said is that I do not want blood on the streets, mainly because violent protests get you absolutely no where.

TBH, the American Revolution was a long and extended violent protest.

Madness

Lol CNN just aired video of Trump praising Comey for his Hillary actions but no, Trump fired him for this. Cannot wait until this man is impeached or when history eventually describes him in the same way they do Benedict Arnold etc.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Seriously our chance to voice ourselves are the 2018 midterms.
There are local elections in 2017. They are happening right now. Go vote. Local governments have done a lot of good in Resisting Trump's policy bullshit.
Usually decided by a 1,000 people or so.

You wanna scare congress? Vote now, not later.

Izuna

Banned

Fake tweets in breaking news stories is 1. Making light of an otherwise serious situation 2. Undermining the discussion and 3. An immediate waste of anyone's time.

If it won't be funny to share after the news isn't breaking, maybe it's not funny.

I'm sorry for this back seat but fake tweets get on my nerves.

hypernima

Banned
Okay. McCain said he disagreed with the move and wants a congressional committee to investigate Russian interference in the election.

That's a good sign.

McCain literally has no gumption, backbone, nothing. All talking bullshitter boot licks the next big thing.

This clown on CNN saying that everyone is focusing on the timing.

WELL DUH. Trump fired Yates RIGHT AFTER she defied him for the travel ban. He didn't wait a year.
Hmm, as I seem to recall, CNN and of course pretty much every Republican talking head they could fine layed down quite the fire on Obama/Clinton regarding the whole Iran money/weapons deal thing for basically no other reason than "the timing though! the timing!" and "the implications," but now we're just supposed to ignore all that? Yeah, no Jan. Not how it works.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I love how Trump has systemically been dismantling certain federal agencies, pulls a stunt like firing the main figure investigating him AND some posters are still all like "Hey bruh, chill out with the doom and gloom".

are you fucking kidding me with this bullshit? almost ALL of the transitional bodies of power and building and collapsing of countries (or kingdoms) in the history of our species has been bathed in bloody conflict. go back to the revolutions in just the last few centuries even ffs

nomis

Comey saw this coming, he's not naive. Just like he released the ridiculous email statement about Hillary just to beat an imminent leak to the punch the week before the election. He has set wheels in motion to get Trump and ~40 associates indicted that cannot be stopped by his termination.

Mortemis

Banned
Man what the fuck. Fuuuuuck this.

I know you guys are saying not to give up, but when a president fires the FBI director who's investigating him, AND he has full control over a spineless congress who won't do shit, it's just too disheartening. Fuck Trump.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
(Cleaning his monitor)

The fox website says fired.

It's real. I called my mom to tell her what a joke Fox is and she said they said "resigned" and then changed to "fired". She was watching the whole time.

BTW, I better not see any more leftists pull more "both sides" bullshit after this news.

If you are reading this news and STILL refuse to support the democrats, you are not a fucking progressive.

Lorcain

The only logical and reasonable course of action is the assignment of an independent special prosecutor. This has to happen.

FTF

Man what the fuck. Fuuuuuck this.

I know you guys are saying not to give up, but when a president fires the FBI director who's investigating him, AND he has full control over a spineless congress, it's just too disheartening. Fuck Trump.

Yup, it really is hard to not get fucking discouraged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom