• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrios

Trump himself said he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and not lose votes.

giphy.gif

His voters absolutely do not care what the man says and they are idiots for it.

"Lol he tells it like it is!"

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
They were the only major outlet to get it remotely wrong.

I shit on them because this kind of stuff happens constantly and undermines the ability of the Fox News viewer to have an accurate perception of reality.

Not my fault that a news organization didn't check their facts before reporting on it.

That's what happens when things are cleared up. How many times have you seen reports of more deaths than actually occurred in these mass shootings? Then they're updated. It's a non issue, and I think the focus is better off put on the fact that they're probably replacing Comey with one of their goons that will end the Russian connection investigation.

Dirca

yeah, but cunts on here say there is a right way to protest. rip nana ruth.

O2I3Lxd.png
Luckily NC is passing a law that will allow us to drive through protesters blocking roads without facing legal charges, as long as it can be proven there's no intention of harming someone on purpose

Jesus Christ.

Do you understand the gravity of what's happening right now? I'm putting my money on 'probably not'.

Wait, so because I'm not coming out and saying "America is over" and "we're all fucked" and am instead suggesting actions with actual impact (like I said before, calling representatives, voting in local elections, marching, etc.), I don't understand the gravity of the situations?

lol I'm out. You guys are going off the deep end.

Tagyhag

I don't think they'll drop the investigation, firing Comey is already super suspicious and that will pretty much seal the deal.

They'll have their people sit in an empty room doing nothing for a month and then drop it all because nothing was found.

Sen. Blumenthal just said on CBSi that we're under a constitutional crisis. Said the AG and Deputy AG are pawns of Trump. Dude is going all in.
Ain't wrong. People need to organize and protest this and be out in the streets ASAP, because nothing's go change otherwise. Wait for midterms or whatever, and whatever stooge Trump forces through the Senate will just get rid of everything and refuse to cooperate with any investigations. People need to be reacting to this NOW, not later.

Guys whatever the politics, Comey definitely deserved to get shitcanned. It's just sucks it's Trump not Clinton doing it imo.

Also I thought Sessions recused himself?

Many of us aren't arguing whether Comey deserved it but how and when it was done

To your question, yes, Sessions did and now we know he was behind the firing.

Sylas

Seriously, are americans alergic to riots or is just GAF addicted to defeatism now?

"Oh well, we have a dictator better to deal with it for the next 8 years".

The US is allergic to riots because the police murder people in broad daylight and nobody cares. Kinda hard to work up the anger to start a violent protest when there's a reasonably high probability that you're going to die.

Jussayin'.

Defeatism isn't the way though. Wait and see isn't the way. Harass the shit out of your senators and representatives. Make them fear for their jobs. If they wanna politick, so should the citizens.

Wait, so because I'm not coming out and saying "America is over" and "we're all fucked" and am instead suggesting actions with actual impact (like I said before, calling representatives, voting in local elections, marching, etc.), I don't understand the gravity of the situations?

you don't grasp how insane this is.

wandering

Banned
What is it going to take for people to realize that the GOP is never going to act objectively? Were the dozens of examples since the campaign not enough?

Good thing that poster didn't say anything about destroying property then, right?

Did you follow the conversation? Click back through to Herr Schwarz's post.

What in the fuck. Refuse to pay your ducking taxes. Get out on the street and smash a fucking Starbucks window already.

This is insane, you're all sat there thumbing your bum holes.

Write your congress and senator to force a shut down ffs.

He's going to take you to war soon.

Boke1879

Destroying property does not help.

My black brothers are still being killed in the streets. All the Peaceful protesting of Trump still has him in power and now he's consolidating that power.

You keep worrying about property, while I worry about what this nation is becoming and how many people are willing to just sit by and let it happen.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Of course he won't, any relevant information is still classified and he has no authority to speak on it. Half the rest of the time will be Republicans rabbling on about "unmasking" bullshit.

But cute story about me living in a fantasy land, while you post from your world where you claim "Trumpcare passed". Talk about ignorant...

Can't wait to see your spin in a few months when the new FBI director is reopening the Clinton case.

jelly

What rustled his feathers to make him do this?

Is the IC getting close or what and does this mean that the FBI is neutered and the rest of the IC have their hands tied because they can't interfere in domestic stuff?

It's nothing but panic.

People don't think when they panic, they just speak.

I had a lot of scary thoughts running through my head but I had the sense not to post them here because it's all nothing but conjecture.

Dirca

Oh yeah, the arm chair politicians/detectives and hyperbole in this thread are record levels high

Gurrry

Now more than ever, we need someone, republican or democrat or independant, to step up and be the savior of this country. I dont really care what color they wear or what party they affiliate with. What we need is a true american and honest leader.

Someone stand up and save us..

Got

Banned
My black brothers are still being killed in the streets. All the Peaceful protesting of Trump still has him in power and now he's consolidating that power.

You keep worrying about property, while I worry about what this nation is becoming and how many people are willing to just sit by and let it happen.

yeah but property rights.

Are you guys watching chuck schumer dem minority leader right now live conference. He is calling trump out, saying straight up this is no coincidence and he is covering his ass.

rjinaz

Luckily NC is passing a law that will allow us to drive through protesters blocking roads without facing legal charges, as long as it can be proven there's no intention of harming someone on purpose

Gross. Yeah run over those protestors #MAGA

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
If you listen to the video, the commentator talks about "resignation."

I'm sure that Fox updated their story when the truth was figured out.

You can shit on Fox for nearly limitless, justifiable reasons, but this isn't Fox trying to spin a story of a resignation. That said, I'm sure they'll unsurprisingly talk about how great a decision the firing was tonight.

Needs to be quoted. Let's focus on things that don't make us look stupid. Such as the bolded.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Trump's letter tarnishes his 'word' because Trump wrote, 'I greatly appreciate you telling me on three separate occasions that I am not under investigation'... so if Comey is subpoenaed he will either say yes he did tell Trump and therefore would have tampered with an ongoing investigation. If he says no, he opens himself up to perjury if Trump provides proof he did.

Yeah, this part of Trump's letter is actually pretty big, insofar as it being true or not, and to what end Comey was conveying this to Trump while purportedly investigating him.

Claude Taylor‏ @TrueFactsStated

Just hearing back from a source on this. "Comey was ready. He anticipated this".

Not that I don't doubt it to some degree, but I'll wait until we actually get some receipts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom