• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makonero

Now more than ever, we need someone, republican or democrat or independant, to step up and be the savior of this country. I dont really care what color they wear or what party they affiliate with. What we need is a true american and honest leader.

Someone stand up and save us..

Seriously. People will make movies about all this. A true hero can arise and it can be one of any of the people who have the info that puts Trump down for good. The pieces are all there.

That's what happens when things are cleared up. How many times have you seen reports of more deaths than actually occurred in these mass shootings? Then they're updated. It's a non issue, and I think the focus is better off put on the fact that they're probably replacing Comey with one of their goons that will end the Russian connection investigation.

There's a reason you get conflicting reports about death counts: conflicting sources.

When you have a primary source that says exactly what the story is and you get the core fact of the story exactly wrong, you've made a willful error.

Primus

Are you guys watching chuck schumer dem minority leader right now live conference. He is calling trump out, saying straight up this is no coincidence and he is covering his ass.

He can blast Trump and Sessions all day long and it means squat. Until he starts levelling fire at McConnell and the rest of the Senate Repubs directly, nothing will change.

My black brothers are still being killed in the streets. All the Peaceful protesting of Trump still has him in power and now he's consolidating that power.

You keep worrying about property, while I worry about what this nation is becoming and how many people are willing to just sit by and let it happen.

That anyone could still with good conscience say that "riots are bad bc of damages" after a racist authoritarian president just fired the head of the investigation on said president is just un-fucking-believable.

Kinda both. At this level you ask for someone to resign but in truth it's a firing and pretty much that's generally how people look at it. Places like Fox News will spin it but it was a firing.

The letter from Trump didn't even ask him to resign. It said his position was terminated "effective immediately", no resignation was asked of him.

alternade

Now more than ever, we need someone, republican or democrat or independant, to step up and be the savior of this country. I dont really care what color they wear or what party they affiliate with. What we need is a true american and honest leader.

Someone stand up and save us..

Im serious, there will have to blood in the streets before we see any real change in this country and im ready for it to come sooner than later.

This isnt insane at all. We all knew Comeys days were numbered. Hell im sure any person that was in office when Obama was will all be gone eventually.

The administration was being investigated for TREASON

The administration has just removed the person who was heading the investigation into them for TREASON

So yes, this is insane because we're getting past simple politics, we're getting into a situation where it's basically a coup.

JP_

Banned
This isnt insane at all. We all knew Comeys days were numbered. Hell im sure any person that was in office when Obama was will all be gone eventually.

I think it was pretty easy to accept Comey's days might be numbered, but that firing Comey during the investigation would force the GOP to turn on Trump... but the GOP is supporting Trump -- even Graham and McCain, which are usually the only two to even verbally criticize Trump even if they never act against him.

That's what's insane about all this. Our constitution is failing right before our eyes.

Kusagari

In the distant future, the fact that America survived up to this point with no true constitutional crisis besides the Civil War will be something studied and discussed to no end.

Seriously, our "checks and balances" don't exist. They're a tradition and code that every president and politician is just expected to follow and adhere to because reasons. Even a corrupt fuck like Nixon, in his own way, had some respect for them.

Really it's a miracle this country has survived so long without a Trump.

Lautaro

Since Pinochet has become a meme after Trump got elected I would like to educate people a bit: Pinochet didn't made a referendum because he loved democracy but because he was losing power after years of riots and social clashes (and expected to win and legimitize himself). People got their right to vote because they protested even if they risked a "trip in helicopter" (basically being tortured, killed and thrown in the sea).

And that's only an example, if you think protests don't help you just don't know history.

A protest gets shit done precisely because is annoying or downright paralizing for a country. Also general strikes help but so far you haven't made a single one.

royalan

so...is this bad or good? I can't tell anymore :/

What about this could possibly be good?

This is basically Trump admitting he's guilty.

And this is basically Republicans admitting that they've turned over American democracy to a tyrant.

Who is dying? News is misreported all the time and updated later. If you think all of it is malicious instead of just pure incompetence then that's your choice.

Use reasoning. A letter was sent to the fucking news networks stating he was fired. What source could have possibly told fox news he resigned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom