• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHarvey16

Well, he no longer has clearance. Figured he wasn't allowed to speak about ongoing investigations.

Not that it matters, because he was never going to reveal anything important anyway.

He still has clearance. But that's irrelevant because he can't publicly disclose anything that would require clearance anyway, whether he's the director or not.

Is that good

Is McCain gonna do shit now

i4x5g.gif

2018, and 2020 are becoming more monumentally important.

Doing any kind of house or Senate driven investigation will ruin the Republican brand for an election or two.

Lautaro

The places people riot or protest in this country didn't vote for Trump. They'll have a hard time caring.

Do american protesters only do it near their homes? that's just lazy as fuck.

Can't they concentrate in the capital or one of Trump's properties at least?

antonz

I don't buy they had no idea there would be backlash.

They wagered the backlash would be easier to deal with then allowing Comey to continue his investigations. It's that simple.

The kicker is Republicans could have continued more subtle paths of obstruction and there was always a chance the FBI would have been unable to find any definitive proof of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian operatives.

With the president abruptly, aggressively firing the head of the FBI during this investigation, they're effectively etching all suspicion about said collusion into stone.

You mean with democrats/liberals. 96% of repubs will support Trump 4eva.

Last polls had his GOP support at around 76%

It isn't going to be that easy. The 2010 republican wave has ingrained itself through gerrymandering and the Senate seats at play were lasted voted on during a presidential year.

There's just enough competitive seats to take back the House. The Senate, though, is super unlikely. Lots of Governor seats up too

FZZ

Banned
Let's fucking go

He's guilt as fuck

When the US finally impeaches Trump

I want all of GAF to know it was in part thanks to the release of XO Tour Llif3

without that song we would have never had the breakthroughs our government so desperately needs

Thank you Uzi

reposting because it's true

Inb4 the GOP blames the Democrats for wanting this.

His base won't care. I really do think he could kill someone in broad daylight and still have people defending him at this point.

KingV

Jeffrey Toobin just made a good point on CNN. There's nothing the Trump administration can do at this point to be exonerated in public opinion about collusion.

They are basically throwing 2020 and maybe 2018 in the trash. It's like a desperation Hail Mary to avoid jail time.

There's basically nothing he can do to improve his approval rating much over where it is. And I bet it drops precipitously within a week or two. No matter what 50% or so of the population will think he's a traitor.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Mr. Comey, who is three years into a 10-year term at the helm of the F.B.I., learned from news reports that he had been fired while addressing bureau employees in Los Angeles. While Mr. Comey spoke, television screens in the background began flashing the news that he had been fired. Shortly thereafter, a letter was delivered to the F.B.I.’s headquarters in Washington.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/09/us/politics/james-comey-fired-fbi.html?_r=1
Wonder if there's video of it.

norm9

Homeboy should have waited until Friday to drop this news. Must have been something impossible to deal with if they couldnb't have waited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom