• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

What a silly thing to randomly bring up.

Nope, shaming that "both sides" shit is fair game for the next decade at least. It was a fucking terrible narrative that shouldn't have gained traction anywhere outside of the alternate reality of the right wing.

Watching Moderates and 'Liberals' adopt that shit full on last election was absolutely unreal. Such a stupid unforced error. Everyone that played that card holds that L for a looooong time.

antonz

AP is reporting Trump will be meeting with the Russian Foreign Minister as early as tomorrow at the White House.

Time to get their stories lined up

kess

Actually, A recent investigation from Jacobin confirms that KG did not endorse Bernie in the womb. Thus, she should be purged from the party forever. Only Tulsi Gabbard can save us now.

This is the stupidest time possible to drag up primary bullshit when the entire party is united against these actions. And I used to think Bernie Bros couldn't bury the hatchet.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Even if Comey cannot touch on classified information, you have to wonder as to his tone after having basically been tarred and feathered. I know I'd be pissed, even I knew the blade was coming.

Chirotera

Banned
Assuming this isn't just lip service, consider Justin one of the good ones.

No. No don't. He is NOT one of the good ones.

For instance, when the first healthcare repeal popped up, he voted against it. When the second one passed the house, he was one of the ones that flip flopped on that decision and this time voted yes.

He occasionally goes against the party line, but that doesn't mean he's a 'good' one.

He's also my representative, and it's quite... depressing.

I doubt anything happens over this.

The word you are looking for is HANGED, unless you really want to see Trump's erect penis.

I prefer Trump over language pedants. You know what he meant.

You're speaking/typing broken fucking English right now. Use Old English if you care so much about being "proper".

Take a guess.
to make it not look as bad? but i thought even fox news hated trump. why would they be on his side
For real, he didn't even "resign" in the "I asked him to resign" sort of way, the way they did with Flynn. Cheeto's letter explicitly says Comey has been terminated effective immediately, the word "resign" doesn't appear once.

Fox literally spreading fake news.

EDIT: It's fake according to commedieu :p
i shudder to use the term fake news, but this is certainly not accurate news.
More than likely the Pres has resignations from everyone he just has to sign it.

It's still "being fired" though technically it's "resigned".
fired=/=resign. they're two completely different ways to no longer have said job.

Why is that on an iPad lol

ap16349723508840.jpg

cameron

you mean 8 years

Then 8 years of Ivanka afterwards.

Mr. Comey, who is three years into a 10-year term at the helm of the F.B.I., learned from news reports that he had been fired while addressing bureau employees in Los Angeles. While Mr. Comey spoke, television screens in the background began flashing the news that he had been fired. Shortly thereafter, a letter was delivered to the F.B.I.’s headquarters in Washington.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/09/us/politics/james-comey-fired-fbi.html?_r=2

Wonder if there's video of it.
Damn, what a way to go.

Fisty

My dream is that if Trump is impeached, or loses running for re-election in 2020, people will gather at the White House, Trump Tower, etc. and start chanting "You're fired"

I am hoping Obama gets to deliver that line, myself. Mic drop afterwards, and kiss that salty forehead right on television

Kurdel

Banned
If the smoking gun that got him fired is overstating the numbers of Hilary emails on Weiners computer, I will have an aneurysm.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Any Trump supporters stop by for a comment? Are there even any left?

Just Hollywood Duo but he's too much of a coward to do anything but soft-peddle his shitty beliefs.

Tovarisc

Seriously?

President Donald Trump could meet with Vladimir Putin’s top diplomat at the White House on Wednesday, a U.S. official and a person with knowledge of the plans said, describing what would be the highest level, face-to-face contact with Russia of the American leader’s young presidency. It would also signal that the two countries have improved ties that Trump recently described as being at an “all-time low.”

Trump’s talks with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov would occur after the Russian’s meetings earlier in the day with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, the official and the other person told The Associated Press. They weren’t authorized to speak publicly on the matter and demanded anonymity. The White House declined a request for confirmation.

and a lot more at https://www.apnews.com/190c006d277c...-may-meet-top-Russian-diplomat-in-White-House

If you are a Trump supporter and you are reading this, think very long and hard, and ask yourself if you are, in fact, one of the bad guys in the book of history. It's not too late to get right with this.

Opto

Banned
Comey helped give Trump the win and thought that would keep his ass safe?

I will savor his humiliation but fear the consequences. Imagine what openly racist fuckstick is going to make the Hoover FBI look like boy scouts

Zukkoyaki

If you are a Trump supporter and you are reading this, think very long and hard, and ask yourself if you are, in fact, one of the bad guys in the book of history. It's not too late to get right with this.
Or.

Ask themselves how they would feel if Obama were under FBI investigation and fired the person in charge of it.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Nope, shaming that "both sides" shit is fair game for the next decade at least. It was a fucking terrible narrative that shouldn't have gained traction anywhere outside of the alternate reality of the right wing.

Watching Moderates and 'Liberals' adopt that shit full on last election was absolutely unreal. Such a stupid unforced error. Everyone that played that card holds that L for a looooong time.
Dumb. If your response to someone even moderately influential criticizing Trump is to bring up that they were salty about someone actively trying to arrest them you need to get your head in the game.

The both sides stuff is older than this election and I think if a person who wants you in prison and another who wants you probably dead are running for President you can make a snarky tweet and still be my ally.

Shaming anyone without a perfect posting history is just more "perfect is the enemy of the good" shenanigans.

No reason to not want Snowden to try to swing his followers against Trump. Take your gift horse.

Just hold and accept the L. The only people who will be living in shame for the rest of their lives are the folks who nominated the candidate who went on to lose claiming they wanted to risk nothing while losing everything. In any event, it's time to shift our focus on the consequences for firing FBI Director Comey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom