• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenov

You don't think he knows that?

You don't think they all know that?

No good, decent person would be left defending Trump at this point.

They're all terrible, hateful people.

We have all got to understand this.

They need to be among the first in line for the gallows, such awful evil people.

low-G

People thought Comey was somehow going to bring down Trump tho?

How things probably went:

Comey: "Hey, I'm going to be in CA tomorrow, I really don't want to have to testify under oath against you."

Trump: "Durr, say no mor."

kirblar

GOP is still alive apparently.

JRZid8O.png

https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/862089192603607041
He's a libertarian, which explains it. Contrarian is their middle name. The problem is picking up the other 20+ votes.

MIMIC

Banned
All this spin is just like saying that the Muslim ban wasn't a Muslim ban. Like, we heard all of your prior statements. THE MOTIVE IS CLEAR AS DAY

Wasnt the FBI trump land before the election?
Not the entire FBI. Just that the NY criminal department was Trump land. Giuliani probably has connections there too.

Meanwhile there has also been word that the IC is VERY antiTrump because the IC is basically made up of pro-interventionist liberals and genuine old-school style conservatives who fucking HATE Russia.

rec0ded1

Can't watch CNN with their character select screen panels and obvious rage inducing pundits. CBSN seems chill and just reporting the news and some reactions are they trustworthy?

So ill see you on the front lines then?

Sorry for saying id rather not have our streets filled with violent protests, killing innocent people over the actions of one corrupt institution. We need to flush the trump administration out. Not fight eachother.

But hey, sorry for trying to be the guy saying not to figh.

You'll probably already be dead or in prison when you realize the US has reached the point of no return.

Fuck. I just feel hopeless.

I mean I've only had a cursory impression of this news, and my understanding of the whole situation could be better but fuck. They could have the smoking gun to the entire investigation, and the whole fucking thing is about to be flushed into the fucking toilet. I need a reason to hope this isn't the end of it all, and they can salvage any and all progress on the Russia probe.

People thought Comey was somehow going to bring down Trump tho?

How things probably went:

Comey: "Hey, I'm going to be in CA tomorrow, I really don't want to have to testify under oath against you."

Trump: "Durr, say no mor."

He's still testifying at the hearing lol

The Lamp

Riot, protest, Assault Republican senators during town halls, etc, etc

I'm not gonna be able to convince more than 5 people I know to stand anywhere meaningful to protest anything people haven't already protested for months. I voted, I called, I complained, I donated, I shared truthful news with people. I even voted locally last weekend. It's done nothing.

Next step is riots and loots? Violence? I'm not losing my career for throwing a brick at a window or being arrested for violence. In this country, a mugshot or misdemeanor can damage your career. I do have things to lose at stake. I'm not going to prison for Trump. He should be in prison.

If this stupid country turns to filth, I'll just move somewhere else. It's a pity for everyone who can't leave if necessary, however, but I did my part. I could always do more, but I have crippling debt and a job to worry about.

KHarvey16

He can't speak of the investigation at all since he's no longer a part of the organization.

I'm assuming that's what people were talking about.

What? Yes he can. Did you see Yates and Clapper? They don't work for the government any more either. He can say whatever he wants provided it's not classified, which was true yesterday as much as it is today.

Couleurs

You're advocating for the assassination of a US president.

And voting does work, that's precisely why Trump is president. If you think the electoral college system sucks, that's one thing, but even strategically you can't imagine th entire republican base you seemingly dislike will change because of an assassination...

Nah, I'm not dumb enough to root for assassinations.

We've just reached the point where complaining/protesting no longer works (see Republicans ignoring their constituents at town halls nationwide during the AHCA storm), and this will inevitably lead to violence/rioting if Trump is able to successfully keep himself from being investigated. Especially as millions are starting to feel hopeless as they lose their insurance while losing their jobs to automation.

And voting DOESN'T work anymore; look at the news from yesterday about Wisconsin voter suppression blocking 200,000 people from voting in a state that Trump only won by 25,000.

Maxim726X

What? Yes he can. Did you see Yates and Clapper? They don't work for the government any more either. He can say whatever he wants provided it's not classified, which was true yesterday as much as it is today.

Comey can answer questions about a current, ongoing investigation in the FBI?

studyguy

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/862090285584498688
Shimon Prokupecz (@ShimonPro)
Senior officials at White House did not think firing FBI Director Comey would be a big political explosion. @DanaBashCNN

https://twitter.com/DavidWright_CNN/status/862090978756349953
David Wright (@DavidWright_CNN)
.@DanaBashCNN The thinking was that b/c Dems were saying precisely what Rosenstein said in his letter, that there wouldn’t be a backlash (@DanaBashCNN)

oops.

Althane

This likely was not a coincident.

I wonder how IT works in the government. Typically when dealing with someone with privileged access (not saying Comey would have it, but... he probably has some privileged access to data stores), you'll get them in a meeting or something and terminate their access (disable AD account, etc.) while they're there.

I wonder how they disable his access like that. I mean, when it comes to security clearances, don't fuck around with it, but...

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Firing him for Clinton stuff last year is weird. While he has the authority to do this it raises a lot more questions and the stuff about Russia in the letter is just lol

Anyway I'm tired of this shit now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom