• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

I'm confused. Was the reasoning that Comey went too so soft or too hard on the Clinton investigation? I'm getting mixed signals.

Bro, nobody calls you out on your bullshit, but just stop this shit.

Every political thread you call out Bernie voters and dance around calling them Nazis.

No I call out fake-progressives who spend every political post focused on attacking democrats.

And by dance, I mean you've literally called them Nazis.

I called the ones who were clearly alt-right "nazis" because that's what the alt-right is.

Additionally you were known for going over people's posts and social medias until you were banned for it.

Post histories, yes. But I never went through anyone's social media.

Stop acting like such a fucking spaz in every thread you walk in and obsessing over Bernie in a thread where the FBI Director was fired by Trump.

Where in my post was I talking about Bernie? I was SPECIFICALLY talking about a certain subset of posters who claim to be progressive yet spend all their posts focused on attacking democrats.

Just hold and accept the L. The only people who will be living in shame for the rest of their lives are the folks who nominated the candidate who went on to lose claiming they wanted to risk nothing while losing everything. In any event, it's time to shift our focus on the consequences for firing FBI Director Comey.

Truly the worst pro-Trump gimmick account.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Jacobin published a hit piece on Gillibrand a few days ago using essentially the logic that her positions are good but she didn't take them earlier so we can't trust her, so I view it as entirely relevant to bring up that their efforts to do so are profoundly unproductive given what a strong voice she's been in resisting Trump's actions. This isn't an inference about ground level people not burying the hatchet, this is a claim about a particular elite messaging attempt backfiring badly. I certainly wouldn't want to have the entire thread revolve around this, rather I was pointing out the futility of using airtime to make bizarre claims about someone who is doing exactly what we want them to do.

Yes, anybody who is smart enough to see the cover-up that is going on right now needs to stop with this conspiratorial bullshit, offer constructing criticism of fellow democrats, and focus on a real threat to our Democracy.

Barzul

@PfeifferDC

Roger Stone tells me: "What Comey did to Hillary was disgraceful. I'm glad Trump fired him over it."

giphy.gif

Every time I see this I get exponentially more nauseous than the last. My body hurts.

I'm sorry, but I don't think there is a low point anymore. Everything is a mess. My past self would die laughing at this point knowing Rudy is the director of the FBI under a President Trump, along with advisor to the President, Ivanka.

Damn. According to CNN, Comey found out he was fired after he looked up on the televisions.

Shows WH had no idea where he was when this happened nor cared, when they sent the letter over to the FBI HQ by Trump's personal bodyguard (now Gov't employee).

EDIT: Someone needs to start a counter until the first Trump tweet's. This has honestly caught the WH offguard with the reaction which is of course mind boggling.

I'm confused. Was the reasoning that Comey went too so soft or too hard on the Clinton investigation? I'm getting mixed signals.

The signals are pretty clear when Comey's termination letter neglects to mention emails and instead brings up the Russia investigation.

No I call out fake-progressives who spend every political post focused on attacking democrats.

I called the ones who were clearly alt-right "nazis" because that's what the alt-right is.

Post histories, yes. But I never went through anyone's social media.

Where in my post was I talking about Bernie? I was SPECIFICALLY talking about a certain subset of posters who claim to be progressive yet spend all their posts focused on attacking democrats.

You have a weird bugbear about leftists who are really secretly alt-righters, though. Just the other day you accused me of having friends who fit that description, which is a very roundabout way of saying my posts are kinda alt-righty, which is nonsense.

Zyae

GOP starting to fall in line. Freedom Caucus member said he will introduce legisliation for an independent commission.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, holy shit. Isn't this a tacit admission of guilt? This asshole continues to be a completely horrible person.

Firing Comey is an open admission that he didn't win the election fairly.

He should fucking resign himself if he's admitting he didn't win without Comey's help.

How the fuck can you fire the man who got you elected, and not take action upon yourself, when your Presidency is the direct result of his actions?

He also doesn't have a way back home because he no longer is allowed to use the FBI airplane to travel.

I think this is being over exaggerated, they aren't going to leave the plane there nor Comey in LA. Most likely fly back on the plane as a "guest" of the Acting director; worst case is they pay his ticket back via commercial which would be honestly very, very rude in the end.

Syncytia

Whoa, holy shit. Isn't this a tacit admission of guilt? This asshole continues to be a completely horrible person.

Even if not a tacit admission, it sure as hell ramps up the calls for an independent investigation/prosecutor.

I think this is being over exaggerated, they aren't going to leave the plane there nor Comey in LA. Most likely fly back on the plane as a "guest" of the Acting director; worst case is they pay his ticket back via commercial which would be honestly very, very rude in the end.

Forcing him to take a commercial flight is exactly what I would expect from Trump.

Just hold and accept the L. The only people who will be living in shame for the rest of their lives are the folks who nominated the candidate who went on to lose claiming they wanted to risk nothing while losing everything. In any event, it's time to shift our focus on the consequences for firing FBI Director Comey.

Username quote apt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom