• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

Well to be fair you can look here on neogaf and see every thread involving comey had a lot of people saying he wasnt worth shit and had no credibility because of the supposed hillary interference

That's not fair. Maybe on this forum. Can you point to all the senators and reps saying this?

Plenty of people including myself were unhappy with Comey but that doesn't mean that we wanted the person in charge of the investigation fired that's an insane leap of logic.

Zubz

Banned
Im a bernie fan and I voted for Hillary. Glad to see where some of gafs priority lies.

Yup. This is the 3rd topic that got sidelined by Bernie bashing this week, & it's getting exhausting. Quadruply so because Holy Shit.

I sincerely hope this just rattles the cage for the FBI & things move a long more quickly while they ignore whatever figurehead goes in here. Comey helped Trump with his e-mail bullshit & still got fired. Maybe others will band together to avoid being next.

Biske

Just how ludicrous does this have to get, before republicans admit this is a farce and do something about it?

Does Donald Trump have to skull fuck a statue of Reagan or something? Jerk off on the bible?

Zolo

Can we just calm down and discuss the concequences of this on Trump and the rest of the country? From my prospective Comey was fired due to the investigation on Trump, but is he legally allowed to do that? What are the implications without screaming oh shit?

It makes him look bad which doesn't do anything if Republicans don't care about it while they have the majority in congress.

HTupolev

syZ9iUx.png

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/862094642963243008
Uh, yes. This is obviously the game.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Just hold and accept the L. The only people who will be living in shame for the rest of their lives are the folks who nominated the candidate who went on to lose claiming they wanted to risk nothing while losing everything. In any event, it's time to shift our focus on the consequences for firing FBI Director Comey.

Just give it a rest.

megalowho

Can we just calm down and discuss the concequences of this on Trump and the rest of the country? From my prospective Comey was fired due to the investigation on Trump, but is he legally allowed to do that? What are the implications without screaming oh shit?
If proven, obstruction of justice is the most obvious charge:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/obstruction_of_justice
Obstruction of justice is defined in the omnibus clause of 18 U.S.C. § 1503, which provides that "whoever . . . . corruptly or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication, influences, obstructs, or impedes, or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede, the due administration of justice, shall be (guilty of an offense)."

Do they just throw Conway in front of a camera when the position being defended is literally indefensible?

Basically. They're counting on the fact that she's a woman to shield her from the harshest criticism she would otherwise receive, because their assumption is that Democratic politicians can't be rude to a woman without alienating themselves to their base.

That's not how gender equality works, of course, but you have to think like a proper Republican Dinosaur to get the logic.

louiedog

Kellyanne is the only one.

She is their top tier. No one is better than her.

She is the OG bullshiter.

I wonder what the intelligence cutoff is to listen to believe what she says. She's the least convincing liar I've ever seen on TV. Maybe it helps that she only lies.

0° kelvin take:
Democrats upset over Trump firing Comey are why Trump won.

Because the time to fire him would have been Jan 20th after being praised. Plus the fact he's being fired for investigating the White House and that he was too mean to Clinton.

This is too obvious and transparent that the motivation was to attempt to cover up a high crime.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
No. This needs to stop. They are not just ignorant people that keep making oopsies.

This was deliberate. They fired him over a reason Democrats were upset about. That way it's harder for Democrats to fight it. Them saying they are surprised about the reaction is just playing in to that. Democrats have not been demanding Comey be fired, not for months. They are faking ignorance and people are falling for it.

"well gee whiz, we thought this was what Democrats wanted. We can't ever make you happy. Stop being so mean to us! We make an effort at bipartisanship and you throw it in our face!"
Please, the president's letter firing Comey and Sessions letter to the WH outlining the rationale are at odds with each other. They made an oopsie.

No. This needs to stop. They are not just ignorant people that keep making oopsies.

This was deliberate. They fired him over a reason Democrats were upset about. That way it's harder for Democrats to fight it. Them saying they are surprised about the reaction is just playing in to that. Democrats have not been demanding Comey be fired, not for months. They are faking ignorance and people are falling for it.

"well gee whiz, we thought this was what Democrats wanted. We can't ever make you happy. Stop being so mean to us! We make an effort at bipartisanship and you throw it in our face!"

But it's a really poor excuse on their part when Schumer figured out a way around it in a matter of seconds without being logically inconsistent.

Whether or not their ignorance is real, the Trump administration isn't fooling anyone with the whole bipartisan angle other than Trump's dumbass followers.

In America, you can fire the person thats investigating you. Come on over people.
We're like any of the banana republics we created in the 20th century. It's really scary. I've known we've been an oligarchy for a while now, but we're slipping deeper down the well into a totalitarian regime.

I understand the calls for physical violence and the joking around that is happening here, but my reaction is shock and sadness.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I just had a Trump supporter tell me that Trump's Twitter is fake.
The desperation is real.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Just hold and accept the L. The only people who will be living in shame for the rest of their lives are the folks who nominated the candidate who went on to lose claiming they wanted to risk nothing while losing everything. In any event, it's time to shift our focus on the consequences for firing FBI Director Comey.

Your schtick is dumb and played out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom