• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zips

Holy fuck. Complete cover-up. America is dead if trump survives this. This is trump grabbing for power. You guys need him out ASAP. You let him survive such a blatant cover-up of investigations into his actions and your country has fully gone down the shitter.

As exhausting as the "nothing will come of this" crowd can be...

Unless people get out and vote, and the heavily gerrymandered Senate flips... nothing may come of this. I don't see Trump losing the confidence of the GoP, bizarrely.

Gerrymandering affects the House, not the Senate. And there is enough competitive seats open in 18 to take it, but it'll be close

I wish I could laugh at this Conway interview but it's really hard to not just be furious that people like this continue to be invited on to speak at all.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
In one moment CNN is praised and in another called garbage.

GAF, GAF never changes :D

tumblr_mu4qz51CPX1svpvevo4_250.gif

Holy fuck. Complete cover-up. America is dead if trump survives this. This is trump grabbing for power. You guys need him out ASAP. You let him survive such a blatant cover-up of investigations into his actions and your country has fully gone down the shitter.

Yup.

Trump's not even lying about the government shutdown being a ploy to destroy the Democrats "once and for all".

Kinsei

Banned
I wish I could laugh at this Conway interview but it's really hard to not just be furious that people like this continue to be invited on to speak at all.

They keep getting invited because people keep watching. The only way this is going to stop is if people decide to boycott CNN.

Blueblur1

Anderson is at least challenging her and bringing up the obvious appearance of a cover-up to her face. That's an improvement for CNN.

They should've cut her mic already though.

Conway trying to spin it to the Democrats and their Comey comments.

It is 100% confirmed now the WH thought there would not be any blowback as this was the rumored defense. They are beyond incompetent politically...

Sorry, the house then? One of them is the gerrymandered thingy right (I'm not American so the subtleties are lost on me sometimes).

Yes, the House. Each state is divided into districts from which representatives are elected. Depending on how the boundaries are drawn, those districts can be gerrymandered. Senators are chosen via statewide election, so there's no way to gerrymander it.

megalowho

Conway saying there is no investigation into trump or the people around him. They going into full make up lies mode now.
That's the soundbyte she was likely sent there to provide. CNN doing their part to muddle an already delicate situation in the name of ratings.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So if they aren't stupid enough to think there wouldn't be political fall out, they're stupid enough to think people wouldn't see through such a paper thin attempt at covering their tracks.

Either way, this move was monumentally stupid.

Is it?

They're getting rid of the last major person in charge of investigating the Trump campaign, and getting in a loyalist with the power to make emails and benghazi look like child's play.

What's the downside? You expect voters to remember this 500 days from now at the next election? They've created all the plausible deniability they need to have this blow in a month.

Ernest

Banned
Trump probably had no idea that most people are gonna see this as his admission of guilt, regardless of if it is or not.

And that's because of his idiot narcissistic brain.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Explain to me how this will happen, the Republicans control the house who would even begin any process of an impeachment, the Supreme Court is conservative, the FBI director is going to be handpicked by Trump, so explain to me how Trump is going to get punished?

The only way it would happen, is if something comes out(we're talking video) and they need to severe the hand to save the arm. This is of course after they ram every piece of shit through him and congress. They will not risk a Watergate at all, unless forced too. Last time the Dems had 2/3 of the house was after Watergate.

This is the only option....Only the peepee can save us now.

Biske

Can't wait for the new Trump shill FBI director to give a press conference how Russia is fake news and Trump has done nothing wrong and he has a huge Johnson, in fact the biggest Johnson a president has ever had and he has a verified pleased woman count of over 9 million, the literal moment he is appointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom