• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
yyYsj41.png

https://twitter.com/thomaswright08/status/862105575290744832

Might as well say "because Comey is gone".

If the investigation is snuffed out we need an uprising and overthrow of the presidency. It would mean that our way of governance is fundamentally broken and a sea change is needed to preserve liberty.

Pilgrimzero

After Trump is gone and the tell all books start coming out and kids starting learning about this stuff in history class, man is history to shit all over Trump.

May be king for a day but a villian forever.

Got

Banned
Hey Bruce, remember all that garbage you posted about how nothing will happen?

Yeah, that's what I fucking thought.

Pushing the envelope? The guy just condoned mass murder.

Imagine had the internet been around back during colonial times.

Our government is going to kill millions. People only seem to have a problem with violence if it is graphic. Violence committed by the state on its own citizens doesn't phase you at all.

Blues1990

So....what’s the worst case scenario, with regards to the successor? Would it be something similar to what Richard Nixon tried to pull during Watergate?

jbug617

Banned
CNN tweeted this out
Washington (CNN)Federal prosecutors have issued grand jury subpoenas to associates of former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn seeking business records, as part of the ongoing probe of Russian meddling in last year's election, according to people familiar with the matter. CNN learned of the subpoenas hours before President Donald Trump fired FBI director James Comey.

The subpoenas represent the first sign of a significant escalation of activity in the FBI's broader investigation begun last July into possible ties between Trump campaign associates and Russia.

The subpoenas issued in recent weeks by the US Attorney's Office in Alexandria, Virginia, were received by associates who worked with Flynn on contracts after he was forced out as director of the Defense Intelligence Agency in 2014, according to the people familiar with the investigation.

Robert Kelner, an attorney for Flynn, declined to comment. The US Attorney's Office in Alexandria, the Justice Department and the FBI also declined to comment.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/politics/grand-jury-fbi-russia/index.html

Jenov

Federal prosecutors have issued grand jury subpoenas to associates of former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn seeking business records, as part of the ongoing probe of Russian meddling in last year's election, according to people familiar with the matter. CNN learned of the subpoenas hours before President Donald Trump fired FBI director James Comey.

What timing with Comey's firing...

Guys, this is a full on fire, not smoke any longer.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
The Grand Jury subpoena is for a DoJ inquiry into Flynn's business associates.

Not that it's not significant, but not a smoking gun, either.

rjinaz

But that doesn't really work when Trump was happy to keep Comey up until now. Literally, all Dems have to say is "If you cared that much you would have done it right away," and "You're doing this to stop the investigation into your corruption."

And they can bring up various clips of Trump praising Comey after the email meeting or the time Trump blew Comey a kiss.

And they are saying that. I just think they they couldn't see a good way to fire Comey without blow back so they decided to try and craft their own narrative that it's because it's what the Democrats wanted. It obviously has nothing to do with that. Blow back will still happen but this way Trump didn't fire Comey for a reason personal to him, he did it for the Dems. Trump is trying to absolve himself. The fact that the WH is saying this is a surprise to them, tells it all. Unless you actually believe Trump did this for any other reason than to stop the investigation.

Kurdel

Banned
At least it's something. You know what is dumb, an entire first page of "whoa", "wow", "oh shit", and other various one or two word post. People apparently just want to get their post count up.

I would rather have posters succinctly sharing their shock than another hot take about how this leading to WWIII.

We love CNN!
We hate CNN!
We love CNN again!

Some of you guys are on a rollercoaster ride.

The New York Times has a really great piece explaining the problem with CNN's coverage of Donald Trump. Essentially, the president of CNN and Trump managed to create a mutually beneficial relationship. Here's an excerpt:

As Zucker sees it, his pro-Trump panelists are not just spokespeople for a worldview; they are “characters in a drama,” members of CNN’s extended ensemble cast. “Everybody says, ‘Oh, I can’t believe you have Jeffery Lord or Kayleigh McEnany,’ but you know what?” Zucker told me with some satisfaction. “They know who Jeffrey Lord and Kayleigh McEnany are.”

For me, CNN is fine when it has actual experts who can bring some meaningful insight into a discussion. But whenever it brings incredulous makeup-donning actors to turn the network into an Op-Ed shouting match, I flip the channel. I will note, though, that CNN isn't the only network to do this; they are but a part of a larger issue with American cable news.

This makes me quite happy. This just further ensures Trump is every bit as worried and possibly guilty as I hope he is. But beyond that, even if the evidence couldn't be brought together, this is very clear obstruction of justice if I ever saw it.

Boke1879

If the investigation is snuffed out we need an uprising and overthrow of the presidency. It would mean that our way of governance is fundamentally broken and a sea change is needed to preserve liberty.

GOP run congress and almost all GOP voters will just go along with this.

The left is too busy fighting and re litigating the primary to do anything.

JoeBoy101

Jesus Christ that story on the subpoenas.

When you lack all perspective and empathy, you fail to see how your actions will be viewed. More to the point, you don't care.

Wow.

Welp, we now know exactly why Comey got fired.

ShutEye

FBI moving to preserve the investigation. Expect a fuck load of stuff over the next few days as they try to keep from getting stonewalled

Why not both?

Because the voters are the ones putting them in that position, not the other way around. Sure if they lie/ don't perform, then the blame is on them too, but most of these people are re-elected year after year with abysmal approval ratings.

Current flow of logic:
- put politicians in power
- policians pass unfavorable laws
- re-elect same politicians into power
- policians pass unfavorable laws
- repeat?

Federal prosecutors have issued grand jury subpoenas to associates of former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn seeking business records, as part of the ongoing probe of Russian meddling in last year's election, according to people familiar with the matter. CNN learned of the subpoenas hours before President Donald Trump fired FBI director James Comey.

What timing with Comey's firing...

Guys, this is a full on fire, not smoke any longer.

Fake news, emails, leakers, Obama Wall Street.

You can't fool me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom