• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonz

What could the bigger pile of shit even possibly be?

His actual treason. They have gambled its better to take the hits for firing Comey than to allow Comey to continue his investigations. Comey announced he was working with the Eastern District in Virginia and Documents indicate the US Government convened a Grand Jury in that District in April for a case that's not being revealed.

If Comey was making progress it had to be stopped and they can effectively end it now

Kindekuma

Banned
yyYsj41.png

https://twitter.com/thomaswright08/status/862105575290744832

FBI Director fired and now we're told to let the Russian investigation go? 🤔

Megasoum

Banned
So I obviously have a general idea of what happened during the Watergate but is there any good movie and/or documentary about it that could teach me more?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
At least it's something. You know what is dumb, an entire first page of "whoa", "wow", "oh shit", and other various one or two word post. People apparently just want to get their post count up.
You would've loved it here when the LOL smiley was still around.

I remember getting grilled in the inauguration thread for saying that nothing was going to happend to the average American as a result of a his presidency, and while still nothing has happend, I may very well be swallowing those words in the near future will all of this shit happening.

Dyle

How quickly can they get a replacement FBI director? Is it possible that the acting director could do something so serious that the investigation couldn't be cancelled by his successor?

Abelard

Not actually surprising considering Comey's history. He's not a partisan hack like you guys may believe, he was against the surveillance state from way back then- ultimately it was his incompetence that led to the media hype of the emails, but there wasn't any malicious intent.

shem935

Banned
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/09/politics/grand-jury-fbi-russia/index.html
Federal prosecutors have issued grand jury subpoenas to associates of former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn seeking business records, as part of the ongoing probe of Russian meddling in last year's election, according to people familiar with the matter. CNN learned of the subpoenas hours before President Donald Trump fired FBI director James Comey.

Weird how trump fired the guy investigating him after the guy investigating sought info on his associates business ties to russia, and then lawyered up to counter business ties to russia.

antonz

And there is the reason Comey was fired. Been going around for the last week there was at least 2 Grand Juries impaneled.

Comey was getting too close. Had to kill it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom