• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkura

James and the Giant Impeachment

dead2.gif

Fuck.

Aphexian

In that case I think you are misunderstanding why people are getting excited.

This is a significant development in a very long game.

I guess so, because I've lost all hope in anything and I've just accepted the fact that this asshole is going to be in office the entire 4 years despite what he does.

Lord wants everything to come out about Obama and the leaks guys!!

Oh god Anderson Cooper "not yet" when Lord brings out the USA is not the Kremlin.

Jenov

Jeffrey Lord says to go all out on having a special commission....to investigate the leaks. lolol

He's such a dickface, wtf. Ban him from your channel, CNN.

Not

Banned
Dems stating they will refuse whoever is selected to replace Comey until an independent investigation is set.

I think Trump planned on firing Comey as a reactionary move knowing these subpoenas were coming. I just don't think he understands the implications of what this will do.

Do Dems have any say in it at all? Is it 2/3rds or something?

tuxfool

Banned
Dems stating they will refuse whoever is selected to replace Comey until an independent investigation is set.

I think Trump planned on firing Comey as a reactionary move knowing these subpoenas were coming. I just don't think he understands the implications of what this will do.

While this is a good stance, they can't really do shit because confirmation only requires 50 votes, of which Republicans hold 52 seats.

Is it possible they could backtrack and hire him back? Has anything like that happened?

The Head of the FBI has only been dismissed by the president once, in 1993 under Clinton, where then FBI chief had undisclosed tax sheltering and some other shady business using his government contacts to get sweetheart deals on property, so no FBI head has ever been fired and hired back ;)

But... trying to think of people with high ranking positions in government who have been fired and then quickly brought on... Like usual, you could look at the Nixon administration. Nixon regularly fired staffers one day, and then called them up as if the conversation never happened the next. Everybody who worked for him basically knew to just not listen to him.

Trying to think of any legitimate posts where that might have happened, a leading government official is canned, and then rehired by the same administration in a similar role. Don't think it's happened in contemporary American history.

So strange to treat Comey this way after he basically won the election for Trump.

Now I just want to see him leak everything about the Trump/Russia investigation to the media. (Part of me believes this goes far deeper than Trump)

FYI Trump hasn't been seen in public for five days.

He's going to start wearing tissue boxes on his shoes and telling underlings to hop in the sproose moose.

Zubz

Banned
This Lord & Jones stuff is why I refuse to watch CNN. I hate that I'm following this thread for the play-by-play, but at least we don't have as many Trump sympathizers shoved down our throats to play the heel role.

I'm still perplexed that that White House
Staffers are "shocked" at the bombshell of this.

Like, what do you guys do inside that place all day, replace election night coverage?

BFIB

While this is a good stance, they can't really do shit because confirmation only requires 50 votes, of which Republicans hold 52 seats.
Either way, this is huge pressure on the Republicans. Eventually they have to save some face.

norm9

If/when Trump goes down, it's not just him, it's his family, business, everything. Trump tower, Trump steak, Trump vodka, all that shit will be radioactive. Wild to think about.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Oh Jeffrey Lord. Trump could take a dump on the steps of the White House and he'd proudly proclaim it as Reaganesque.

People keep praising CNN as if they aren't lowering the bar by bringing these clowns to ruin any type of reasonable conversation. I'm not watching that shit.

Zubz

Banned
Wait... Van Jones supports Trump now?!

He has ever since he called the speech that introduced that Gestapo-ass "VOICE" program "the night he truly became president" or whatever.

It's been quite a fall... Apparently. I can barely stand talking heads to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom