• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take my anecdotes for what it's worth... but...

I have a bizarre mental disease where after some news breaks, I go to the Fox News Twitter feed and read the replies to posts just to sort of get a glimpse of how stupid half of the electorate is. 98% of them normally are full on #MAGA endorsements of the President and his actions. Today... I clicked into the feeds of news about this, and it was much, much more muddled. Heck, a few of them were overwhelmingly critical of the President or saying things like "C'mon man this just makes you look guilty."

Kinda gave me a moment of optimism.

antonz

President can be impeached for any reason the House sees fit.

Indeed The Articles of Impeachment written up for Watergate in particular had this

interfering or endeavoring to interfere with the conduct of investigations by the Department of Justice of the United States, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the office of Watergate Special Prosecution Force, and Congressional Committees;

Not

Banned
lol

i shouldn't laugh about that

but i will most likely burst out into uncontrollable laughter if that happens

You guys should probably cut out anything even tangentially related to Trump dying. The snowflake motherfuckers on the Right will blow even a sliver out of proportion if you give it to them.

Plus, you know, the secret service and all that.

I honestly don't know how Obama's secret service got through the day if they had to investigate all the racist death threats he probably got.

yEAok8R.png

Is this the Grand Jury on Flynn and I'm not reading this right, or is this something new?

Linkura

I have a bizarre mental disease where after some news breaks, I go to the Fox News Twitter feed and read the replies to posts just to sort of get a glimpse of how stupid half of the electorate is. 98% of them normally are full on #MAGA endorsements of the President and his actions. Today... I clicked into the feeds of news about this, and it was much, much more muddled. Heck, a few of them were overwhelmingly critical of the President or saying things like "C'mon man this just makes you look guilty."

You're a brave man for looking at this shit for us.

I can believe that the white house didn't expect the blow-back to this to be big. They are a pretty incompetent most of the time after all.

yEAok8R.png

Is this the Grand Jury on Flynn and I'm not reading this right, or is this something new?

Nope. That's EXACTLY what it looks like:

Senate Intel committee is asking for everything financial about Trump, INCLUDING his tax returns.

Expect the tax returns to leak within the next couple of months.

I suffer from the same mental disorder.

Nope. That's EXACTLY what it looks like:

Senate Intel committee is asking for everything financial about Trump, INCLUDING his tax returns.

Expect the tax returns to leak within the next couple of months.

Senate: Give us your tax returns
Trump: I can't
Senate: Why
Trump: They don't exist
Senate: ...

antonz

same person who was talking about the subpenas earlier i believe too...
Claude Taylor and a few others have been talking about Grand Juries for the last week plus. People have ben quick to dismiss these people but they have consistently been hitting the mark on stuff going on

Lo-Volt

FBI director serves at the pleasure of the president . He can't be impeached for this.

The investigators looking into Russia are still there so I don't see this effecting the investigation at all.

You know, to respond narrowly to your point, we don't have the most reliable test of what really is impeachable. "High crimes and misdemeanors" doesn't mean "felonies and misdemeanors" like what's on the books. It's true that very few presidents actually faced trial by the Senate, but who is to say Trump couldn't possibly be impeached over this if this is proved to be an abuse of his power?

Aphexian

What is your definition of "getting away with it"? Your original post made it sound like still being in the White House in a week...

I bet you $50 he's still there in a month.

My definition of "getting away with it" is just everything he's done since getting into the White House, which is something that shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Snwaters

My point is that "Republicans are finished for a generation" is a refrain you heard after Nixon, after Bush's first term, and after 2008, but has been disproven time and again. Watergate and all the bullshit that went down during W's presidency didn't stop people from embracing Republicans a short time later. Give it a few years and different face and all is forgiven.

I generally agree with you, but I like the comparison someone made that Trump will be like the Republican's Jimmy Carter. Leads to a Democrat two term 'Golden Boy', party tries to adjust to a reality where people actually want things like ACA.

TS-08

Claude Taylor and a few others have been talking about Grand Juries for the last week plus. People have ben quick to dismiss these people but they have consistently been hitting the mark on stuff going on

nice thanks for the clarification. couldn't remember all who were talking about it...

Looks like we are seeing more and more REPUBLICAN Senators calling out the firing of Comey.

If I were to guess, I would say that Comey was the kind of guy who had friends all over DC from BOTH parties.

I've said it before: Comey is Varys. And Joffery is now learning the hard way what happens when you try to go after Varys and his little birds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom