• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are all saying fuck CNN but they brought you the news of the subpoenas no?

Like I don't care, I am from the UK, but that seems a strange contradiction.

Vestal

I still can't wrap my head around how they did not see this coming... I mean seriously how is that even possible.

Wait... Van Jones supports Trump now?!

No. Van Jones tried to normalize him back in March by saying, that he was the President now, in relation to him giving a teleprompter speech and using a widow as a sympathy shield.

Now Van Jones is trying to say, "I called it guys, when I said he was President I meant President Nixon!"

Jesus.

You're all idiots for watching CNN. I don't care how "awesome" Anderson Cooper is, you're just giving them hits for being shit.

I don't understand people saying "why do they keep bringing on lying shills who lie like Jeffrey Lord" but keep tuning in day after day.

I quit cable news last year and it's among the best bad habits I've ever broken.

Kusagari

I actually wonder if the GOP Senators themselves didn't expect such blowback either.

The smart people waited hours to comment like Flake did.

Speevy

Banned
66DSWN1.gif

Donald Trump, late for his trial.

Zips

CNN's panel shit is garbage. Representative of the sort of giving voice to all sides no matter how wrong bullshit that has poisoned the media and politics.

Every time I try to watch it I can't stand more than a few minutes. They just go round and round because nobody will ever admit defeat, the stooges will eternally defend whatever they are a stooge for, and nobody will ever stop them.

You stop them by not giving them a damn platform.

Utter poison.

No. Van Jones tried to normalize him back in March by saying, that he was the President now, in relation to him giving a teleprompter speech and using a widow as a sympathy shield.

Now Van Jones is trying to say, "I called it guys, when I said he was President I meant President Nixon!"

Jesus.

That's pretty pitiful.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
SO far these GOP senators are only talking. We'll see if they demand an independent commission.

Unless the claim made in that tweet about the request to the Treasury is true. If it is then they're out for blood.

Nafai1123

Banned
You are all saying fuck CNN but they brought you the news of the subpoenas no?

Like I don't care, I am from the UK, but that seems a strange contradiction.

If CNN releases a good journalistic article, you should give it a click.

If CNN brings on idiot false equivalency spin douchebags you should not give that a click.

Boke1879

Its been like 3 hours dude..

I'm saying. How much has McCain talked about all this Russia shit but hasn't asked for an independent investigation?

How much has Graham talked about Russia but the only thing he was worried about during the Yates hearing was how shit god leaked?

Better not try anything.

I'm Canadian dude...I say this as an outsider looking in. You guys are fucked. If all the shit he did during the election didn't make him lose steam wasn't enough you should take a look at the level of ignorance and hate that is festering in your country. It's that ignorance and hate that keeps many Americans voting against their best interests simply because of how small minded they are.

Things aren't perfect in Canada but I'm glad my parents immigrated to the Northern side of the border.

Until Trump tries to annex us of course.

How is an independent prosecutor appointed?

Typically, congress makes an official request, and then that decision is made by the Attorney General. Jeff Sessions recused himself from the Russia investigation, so it would probably fall to a Deputy A.G. Ultimately, a federal prosecutor would be appointed by the Trump Administration, but they can only choose from a pool of federal prosecutors, so it's not like they could appoint their own lackey and then have that lackey say, "well, nothing to see here!"

Independent prosecutors are not a silver bullet here, though, as they're still answerable to the executive branch. Nixon argued quite accurately that the President cannot be subpoened by his own employee. While Nixon was ultimately impeached as part of that process, he was constitutionally right and that was upheld by a balanced Supreme Court.

mike6467

A quick dive into comments elsewhere basically amount to "lol liberal tears," that's it. There is no defense except for a few people throwing out generic insults.

I hope this means something, but to think this is going to increase pressure from the majority of the GOP base is laughable, they went off the deep end awhile back and now I don't even think that irrefutable proof of the Russia stuff, or hell, even the pee pee tape being released publicly would make a difference.

Nononono. You got it all wrong:

Comey = Varys
Littlefinger = Putin
Ned Stark = Hillary
Renly = Bernie
Cersei = Bannon
Joffrey = Trump
Maester Pycelle = Paul Ryan
Robert Baratheon = Obama

Wouldn't Comey be (book) Doran Martell? Assumed ally of Trump until he reveals the master plan and true allegiance?

Posts on my local Utah news site are all pretty much this.

Given the undeniable evidence that Hillary broke the law and Comey's refusal to indict...His integrity is absolutely in question. Trump did the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom