• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

ue0p7Ia.png

https://twitter.com/JeffFlake/status/862124755339685888

Linkura

I've had a really shit day and this news and this thread has really helped me feel a lot better emotionally. Just wanted to take a minute to say thanks to you guys.

Aphexian

What are you betting on exactly then

That he won't suicide out or get assassinated? Cause both are awful

I'm betting that nothing comes of this and it's pitchforks and torches for the sake of nothing because he's going to be able to do whatever he wants for the most part and nothing will right the wrong that we saw election day. I want him out of office ASAP but Pence won't be any better. You would have to erase his entire cabinet for me to have a single ounce of hope for this country over the next 4 years.

I do love this tweet from the NixonLibrary.

6WJgp6gl.png

It's like, even fans of goddam Richard Nixon want to distance themselves from Trump.

Although to spoil the fun, the reason is because many people are mis-stating Nixon firing then Deptuy AG William Ruckelshaus over refusing to fire Archibald Cox, saying that Ruckelshaus was head of the FBI. He wasn't, he was a Deputy AG at the time, but had previously been head of the FBI

Jobbs

Banned
Blew his credibility entirely with Trump ballwashing over the speech to congress. He embarrassed himself and has yet to recover.

I don't know if he can. Van Jones is a fucking idiot.

Everyone else who suddenly thought Trump was presidential and awesome because he read a speech one night without a disaster has also been noted and permanently written off in my mind.

I'm just tired of bullshit. I don't watch Maddow anymore, either, since the tax return thing. It's not that she doesn't have good qualities, it's just that I can't take her seriously anymore.

Spacebar

Seems he supports whatever direction the winds are blowing these days

He has ever since he called the speech that introduced that Gestapo-ass "VOICE" program "the night he truly became president" or whatever.

It's been quite a fall... Apparently. I can barely stand talking heads to begin with.

No, he's contrarian for who knows what reason. Maybe he's just seeing what he can get away with saying.

I haven't really watched CNN much since the election so thanks for the update.

ezrarh

You're all idiots for watching CNN. I don't care how "awesome" Anderson Cooper is, you're just giving them hits for being shit.

In typical GAF fashion:

One side heralds this as the beginning of the end for Trump.
The other concludes that Trump has finally gotten away with everything.

And I'm unable to formulate an opinion at all, because this is never-ending roller coaster of deceit and nonsense.

Trump (and GOP) continuing on his dictator path...fucking scary.

People keep praising CNN as if they aren't lowering the bar by bringing these clowns to ruin any type of reasonable conversation. I'm not watching that shit.

This. It's time for that fucker to go. Actually it's been way passed time.

Haven't watched in a while thanks to guys like him.

It's just their play. Pretend to be innocent and imply this had everything to do with Hillary.

They knew exactly what they were doing and what the blowback would be.

They clearly didn't exact the blowback to be that big though. I'd say their game of so-called "play", didn't exactly end so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom