• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

36sR3ng.png

https://twitter.com/edatpost/status/862129486153822208

IXhXhOn.png

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/862128445811281921

House Judiciary Committee Democrats call on DOJ and FBI to preserve all Trump/Russia investigation docs after Trump fired Comey
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/862131193101381632

Buckle

I'm not into politics. Someone tell me why he getting fired is a bad thing?
He was the man at the head of the only credible investigation into Trump's ties with Russia.

This makes it look like he's desperate to stop the investigation from moving forward and has something to hide.

Barzul

This lady on CNN is basically why I agree Comey deserved to be fired. It just shouldn't have been Trump, he should've been untouchable. But he deserved it.

No. Van Jones tried to normalize him back in March by saying, that he was the President now, in relation to him giving a teleprompter speech and using a widow as a sympathy shield.

Now Van Jones is trying to say, "I called it guys, when I said he was President I meant President Nixon!"

Jesus.

Why the hell is everyone on Van's ass like this? He wasn't the only one that praised Trump that evening, all he said was "Trump became President of the United States in that moment, period.". That's it. He doesn't deserve all the backlash he's been getting just for that.

NandoGip

@truefactsstated on twitter mentioned this was going down days ago. Also said that Comey was anticipating it and has the FBI data on Trump protected

mlclmtckr

Banned
I'm not into politics. Someone tell me why he getting fired is a bad thing?

It's not, per se. But it's extremely irregular and when you add it to the fact that he was investigating Trump and also that Trump has already lawyered up and started sending threatening letters to members of Congress, it is suspicious as fuck.

No one's going to shed a tear for James Comey. Fuck him. But the fact that Trump was willing to take such a reckless and surprising step does definitely point to some real shit about to go down.

Yazzees

@truefactsstated on twitter mentioned this was going down days ago. Also said that Comey was anticipating it and has the FBI data on Trump protected

If Comey "anticipated" it then why did he think it was a prank.

Claude/Louise/etc are full of shit, stop listening to them. I know it's feel-good stuff if you're invested in the idea that a Trump impeachment is right around the corner but just stop.

These people on CNN fumbled there way into a pretty good argument for the firing. If you watched it happen live though you can tell they fell into that explanation.

mike6467

Oh man. OH MAN. On FB just got to see someone claim that this is Trump draining the swamp and going after the deep state NWO. When confronted with his cabinet picks, they replied with "It's common sense, keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

I think I'm done for the night.

NandoGip

Claude/Louise/etc are full of shit, stop listening to them. I know it's feel-good stuff if you're invested in the idea that a Trump impeachment is right around the corner but just stop.

Im not really familiar with these people, are they not credible?

Boke1879

They've been talking about the Grand Jury stuff since last week.

And TBH I feel Comey should have known this could happen. He's the one investigating Trump.

digdug2k

This lady on CNN is basically why I agree Comey deserved to be fired. It just shouldn't have been Trump, he should've been untouchable. But he deserved it.
These guys from Brookings have a great article about that. Trump should have fire him day one in office e. No one would have blinked. He thought he was a supporter though, and now... now he's just admitting guilt by firing him.

https://lawfareblog.com/nightmare-scenario-trump-fires-comey-one-man-who-would-stand-him

Linkura

Oh man. OH MAN. On FB just got to see someone claim that this is Trump draining the swamp and going after the deep state NWO. When confronted with his cabinet picks, they replied with "It's common sense, keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

I think I'm done for the night.

You might be getting trolled.

This whole thing is so interesting. At a minimum, the timing shows how incompetent this administration is at politics.

Comey deserved this for sure. The timing though is just terrible.

This is only going to intensify the investigation even more. Trump is a complete idiot.

I can't believe no one in his advisory team didn't know that this would cause a massive shit storm. The dirt on him must be so massive for them to decide that this shit storm is worth swimming through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom