• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
What am I missing here?

MLjJfV0.gif

A quick dive into comments elsewhere basically amount to "lol liberal tears," that's it. There is no defense except for a few people throwing out generic insults.

I hope this means something, but to think this is going to increase pressure from the majority of the GOP base is laughable, they went off the deep end awhile back and now I don't even think that irrefutable proof of the Russia stuff, or hell, even the pee pee tape being released publicly would make a difference.

It feels that way at times admittedly but it is worth noting that his GOP support has fallen gradually since his election if very slowly. It was like 95% at one point, but last approval rating polls had it at like 76-78%

well a big FU to the media skeptics furious and dismissive that Rick Wilson, Claude and the gang - even Louise - were talking bout grand juries (and are now talking about the number of indictments they are producing).
Because that gang clearly DOES have sources that reporters don't have and those sources are clearly close to the action.

Naveed Jamali, a panel guy who got there because he wrote a mediocre book about his brush with russians, is doing a fingers in the ear act right now because he was the loudest critic of them all in the last few weeks.

antonz

Honestly as an Arizona voter I am shocked Flake could find the courage to even say something like that. He spends most of his time with his lips attached to Trumps ass.

Lautaro

It feels that way at times admittedly but it is worth noting that his GOP support has fallen gradually since his election if very slowly. It was like 95% at one point, but last approval rating polls had it at like 76-78%

I'll ask you because everyone else is busy making GOT memes (lol) : can Trump name anyone as a new director? what are the requirements?

ElRenoRaven

Honestly as an Arizona voter I am shocked Flake could find the courage to even say something like that. He spends most of his time with his lips attached to Trumps ass.

It was just temporary. Trump farted momentarily blowing his lips off Trumps ass.

Snwaters

Oh? Link to the poll? (I believe you, just want to see who did the poll)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
No. Van Jones tried to normalize him back in March by saying, that he was the President now, in relation to him giving a teleprompter speech and using a widow as a sympathy shield.

Now Van Jones is trying to say, "I called it guys, when I said he was President I meant President Nixon!"

Jesus.

Van Jones has never not been terrible.

Jenov

I'm hoping this underscores just how serious a situation this is and gives other republicans the courage to, at a minimum, get a special investigation going.

iammeiam

This is pretty amazing:

Brett LoGiurato @BrettLoGiurato

Reminder that there still hasn’t been a Trump administration crisis that wasn’t completely self-inflicted
6:31 PM · May 9, 2017

How will they ever find time in their busy schedule of fucking up if actual governing involving the president did need to happen?

has Bruce Springsteen told us how nothing will come of this yet?

Yes:

All intelligence agencies have said they have no evidence of any direct connection between trump and Russia, unless that mystery proof leaks to the media, under the watch of trump chosen FBI director, nothing will happen to trump

Comey would have said it if they found proof when asked under oath

I'm not trolling, but I will stop posting in this thread because I can't defend myself against 10 posters at once. I voted for Clinton, I've never once said I supported trump and have criticized him many times

My apologies for being a distraction in this thread

Lautaro

Technically I guess he can yeah. I don't know if there is any base requirements that most be met.

Ok, I just googled it and he needs to be confirmed by the Senate... yep, bad news. Prepare for incoming shill, better leak everything before the investigation is shut down.

This is pretty amazing:

How will they ever find time in their busy schedule of fucking up if actual governing involving the president did need to happen?

It can be argued among all of the "IC" agencies, FBI was the "friendliest" to Trump (i.e., last to confirm Russia's intent). So what does Trump do, hit them with the biggest hammer he can as seen in that earlier Politico piece.

He and Ben Sasse apparently. I'll believe it when I see it...

I've fired off on my Senators and Rep about this. This ain't a partisan issue to all but the most die-hard GOP and I let them know that. This is do or die time.

Bush's first year had 9/11 and Obama inherited the financial crisis.

I'm shuddering to think of what Trump's first major crisis situation will be like.

Twist: He is it.

Honestly if i were china and i had serious intentions of invading Taiwan, this is when I'd do it.

This would be the WORST time to do it. When Trump and friends DESPERATELY want something to distract the news right now, there would be bombing runs over Beijing post-haste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom